Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Three team CTF

Okay, on average you probably wouldn't have enough players for a three team ctf, but I thought it would be kind of fun an a busy server like doku's or maybe eatseakittens (that's ctf, right?). But this would require some programing and hud work.

I just think it would be really cool to capture two flags at once Big Grin

Let the forum know what you think!

Isn't balancing two teams hard enough as it is :S

This is a great idea, three way clan matches!
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Might as well go full on and support 4 teams, like every other team gamemode (except ons iirc).

Why would balance be a problem? The amount of teams does not complicate or simplify balance, unless you start giving team-specific abilities and such.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

It's going to be a big mess... Having three teams chase a flag carrier at once.

Big mess ftw, have you seen my maps?
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

That's a big artistic mess Tongue

UT has a similar thing, on clanbase there is a cup called 'spam cup' where you play a map with only one certain weapon (I think the weapons get changed each week). It is VERY spammy but is played with lowgrav I believe, is very fun though, I played a map with 3 teams is a fun mod.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(08-25-2010, 02:20 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: It's going to be a big mess... Having three teams chase a flag carrier at once.
Not necessarily. If red takes blue's flag, pink and yellow will not try to retrieve it, that does not make sense when they could just take each other's flag (or red's).
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

I really like this idea!

Yes, it would be a "big mess" and it would probably be a little bit mind-bending the first few times, but what the hell? It's definitely something new, and the fact that it turns tactics more complex is a good thing. Over time it would probably become more and more easy to understand in play, and it's certainly unique in the open source FPS community (also good!) as well as even the commercial FPS "community" (WAY GOOD!).

This is very much something I'd like to play.

Big mess ftw, I love chaos! I think it would be neat if there was an easy way for mappers to be able to pick how many teams are playable on a CTF map so that if they wanted to they can have as little as 2 teams or as many as 6 teams on their maps.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(08-25-2010, 08:26 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Big mess ftw, I love chaos! I think it would be neat if there was an easy way for mappers to be able to pick how many teams are playable on a CTF map so that if they wanted to they can have as little as 2 teams or as many as 6 teams on their maps.

Like by... placing more or less flags? Tongue

Another interesting spin on this would be the quake "neutral flag" mode, where there are three flags (one white) and the goal is to bring the white flag to your flag.

(08-25-2010, 08:36 PM)Roanoke Wrote:
(08-25-2010, 08:26 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Big mess ftw, I love chaos! I think it would be neat if there was an easy way for mappers to be able to pick how many teams are playable on a CTF map so that if they wanted to they can have as little as 2 teams or as many as 6 teams on their maps.

Like by... placing more or less flags? Tongue

Another interesting spin on this would be the quake "neutral flag" mode, where there are three flags (one white) and the goal is to bring the white flag to your flag.

I wonder what spam weapons only neutral flag on an ons-reborn sized map with 40+players would look like...
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(08-25-2010, 08:36 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Another interesting spin on this would be the quake "neutral flag" mode, where there are three flags (one white) and the goal is to bring the white flag to your flag.

I think this already exists, ask Samual or DiaboliK

but we should do that only as OPTION for ctf!
not as new Gametype!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Realistically, I don't think this will work out too well. Unless there is a map maker who is willing to design a theoretic map that will probably crash and burn when used...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Team-members grouping improvement MathCubes 5 6,046 09-13-2015, 03:19 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Hiding the opposing team's key carrier in Key Hunt LotBlind 3 4,081 05-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Team Keep Away It'sMe 9 9,124 02-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Last Post: node357
  [SUGGESTION] CTF Balancing on public servers with team play improvements Cinquero 15 16,863 09-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Team speak or mumble imbeaded NuckChorris 5 6,544 09-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Last Post: nowego4
Question [SUGGESTION] TDM uses team spawn entities VNilla 5 6,732 05-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Last Post: VNilla
  [SUGGESTION] Balancing Team Numbers Automatically & Unobtrusively Contrarian 20 19,127 04-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Tei
  [SUGGESTION] Three things that could be mentioned that would make the game believable Lee_Stricklin 19 19,539 03-29-2010, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Aleator
  [SUGGESTION] Show forum moderation team esteel 8 12,585 03-26-2010, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Dokujisan