Create an account

Poll: FC Advantage?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes?
0%
0 0%
Maybe?
6.25%
1 6.25%
No?
93.75%
15 93.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SUGGESTION] CTF Gameplay (mostly FC)

Maybe some type of advantage that an a player gains as the FC? Like maybe the health and armor decreases slower. I don't mean while being fired upon. I mean if you haven't collected health it doesn't decrease to 100 as fast as a non-FC would.

I've always thought that as an FC you should have some sort of advantage since you're already at a disadvantage from being hunted by almost every player on the other team.

Although, this could be bad because it would change the ideas of placement of health on maps since the FC can stack easier. Also, a good player would be able to stack to 999 pretty easily on most maps. I just thought I'd shoot an idea out.

This idea isn't really about easier health stacking. It's really about giving the FC some sort of advantage.
Or maybe this could be a separate game type. CTF Juggernaut maybe?

The general question will be: is this needed? I mean right now its already quite possible to capture flags or CTF would not be that popular. Also the flag carrier is/should-not-be alone when trying to get a flag. He has the rest of the team helping, either directly (a pair of attackers) or indirectly (defenders protecting the own flag and in general people fragging the other team)
If one were to give the flag carrier such an advantage there also would have to be a counter for that or the flag carriers could end up being unstoppable. Actually some of those fast freaking laserjumpers are already close to that once they got the flag... I know that sometimes its hard to get the flag but not impossible, basicly it means the other team has the better strategy.

So IMO if we want such a discussion it needs to be about dis/advantages. One popular way for this are runes (damage, speed, protection, ammo) in other games. Like you can choose to pickup a speed rune which makes you 1.5 as fast but limit health and armor. Or you get 2x the damage but get a bit slower.

Voted no because FC only advantages are bad!
Real signature is still in production!

This idea didn't jump out at me at first (those fast freaking laser movers came to mind) But the rune idea making the decision to give up something for that extra boost in damage, speed, protection, noclip? lol not noclip but maybe something else I can't think of right now perhaps a double agent model rune pick it up and boom your the same colour guy as your enemy but you would have to sacrifice something major for that imo and it would have to be for a fairly limited amount of time idk it sounds fun though the thought of watching for sneaky looking team mates near the flag when the double agent rune is gone, Just a thought.
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

I agree with esteel here. Most of the time on public servers I can grab a flag and be gone and capped in <15secs depending on the map and players. Flag carriers do not need an advantage.

I will say I do think Rune ctf would be nice to have.

(03-24-2010, 04:50 AM)Sepelio Wrote: I agree with esteel here. Most of the time on public servers I can grab a flag and be gone and capped in <15secs depending on the map and players.
Unless I frag you Tongue
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Good FCs are already plenty good. Smile I like the Rune CTF idea though.

The only change that needs to be made for FCs is the scoring system for losing so many points when you die with the flag. Although, there should be an option to return to the harsher scoring system for tournament matches.
This is my laser, this is my gun,
This is for plinking, this is for FUN!

BrFJ: wtf with the jumpad
BrFJ: rofl
vael: oh, you'll wtf with the... a few more times don't worry

[Image: badge.png]

Well, that's why I opened the discussion. I mentioned that good players would probably become invincible with some type of advantage. I really just want some mutated type of CTF. I'm getting bored of just running back and forth.

I do like the Rune CTF idea. Maybe we could expand on that?

Yes rune CTF is sounding like something I want to play more I think about it.
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

People are working a modular mutator system at the moment.. guess when its finished it will be easier implementing such stuff Smile
Real signature is still in production!

Oh really? Well fantastic =D

Does anyone know if Clan Arena will be included as a game type rather than a mutation?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Maps that promote Tribes-like gameplay Lee_Stricklin 3 3,316 08-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Last Post: hox3d
Rainbow [SUGGESTION] More noob-friendly Xonotic: improvements that don't sacrifice gameplay lamefun 24 26,603 07-31-2015, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Drauts
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestion for competitive gameplay 6v6 Electabuzz 2 5,259 11-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Electabuzz
Question [SUGGESTION] Gameplay Balances Retro+Blazer 21 21,637 03-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Samual
Sad [SUGGESTION] More noob-friendly Xonotic: gameplay sacrifices to make lamefun 10 11,284 01-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  [SUGGESTION] Some gameplay issues (0.6) m4ce 10 10,134 04-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] Gameplay idea/fantasy/whatever... anark10n 2 4,171 02-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Samual
  [SUGGESTION] Ideas for singleplayer gameplay ThePWTULN 168 183,941 09-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Last Post: ai
  [SUGGESTION] Gameplay: Mix Exitium 11 12,415 08-25-2010, 05:34 AM
Last Post: kojn^