Create an account

Poll: Like idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
38.10%
8 38.10%
No! (please post why)
33.33%
7 33.33%
I don't care!
19.05%
4 19.05%
Other (please post)
9.52%
2 9.52%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[SUGGESTION] Anti Vehicle Weapon

In Xonotic will be some vehicles, right?
So I thought (after playing a bit UT3) we need a Anti Vehicle Weapon, too!
Some weapon that rocket locks on a vehicle (like TAG Seeker but bigger)
[Image: 20071028.weapons_pik_g_avril.png]
that's the UT3 one Wink
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I think anti-vehicle weapons could be more bad ass versions of stuff that already exists with alternate models, like a harder hitting nex and a mean rocket launcher that locks onto targets. Also I think a more Armored Core 3 inspired look (picture miniature versions of some of the mechs' guns wielded by players) would work better than a UT3 inspired one for antivehicular weapons. Vehicles in my opinion are going to be a bit tricky to fine tune in my opinion because of how fast you already move on foot. There isn't a single doubt in my mind that Xonotic will be the fastest FPS ever made.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Vehicles in Xonotic? Who ever said that? :x

(07-30-2010, 03:01 PM)_para Wrote: [Image: test43.png]

maybe a new vehicle? but i need some texturing and rigging knowleges..
(and its only highpoly for the render)
atm i can define the poly amount with the subsurface thingy...

(07-30-2010, 05:17 PM)Roanoke Wrote: But maps aren't long enough to comfortably accommodate a plane (there's already an aerial vehicle in the works).
MY NOOB STATS:

Yes, in that sense Nexuiz also had vehicles. It's a side project, I wouldn't expect vehicles in the first Xonotic releases :x

Did I say
rainerzufalldererste didn't Wrote:WE MUST HAVE THIS WEAPON! NOW! IN THE FIRST XONOTIC RELEASE! EVER!
hmmm?
MY NOOB STATS:

No, you appeared to expect vehicles in Xonotic, as it looks like you're making a feature suggestion for the main development branch.

Well, there's also this: http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/105

>.>

Yes, it's a side project, it doesn't have a deadline (in terms of xonotic releases)

I wonder how fast the Wakizashi and Raptor will be. Since one of them is a race craft and the other is an aircraft, I can only imagine them being ridiculously fast since it's already possible to run like hell on foot.

Oh wait.

the wakazashi ATM is VERY VERY FAST. especially if you hold spacebar Smile (I think it's a bug)
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

I only scrolled down a bit at first, and when the first thing I saw was the UT3 weapon, I was like 0o, that's amazing. Then I read the "from UT3" bit Sad

I've never tried out the vehicles, so I might use this thread to ask how to in Xonotic (I can see all of the vehicle stuff in master, is it in working order?).

Anyone know? Smile
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

I also haven't tried the vehicles yet! Is there a video about them or can someone make one?
MY NOOB STATS:

So we won't have those spiderbots on the first release? Sad

We don't need them for the first release, no.

(08-29-2010, 05:53 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: We don't need them for the first release, no.

[Image: avatar-349vn8a.png]

Joke, yeah I understand that.

(08-29-2010, 04:20 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: I also haven't tried the vehicles yet! Is there a video about them or can someone make one?

Here ya go (from the Nexuiz board)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXulpoulGBU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAHzMY80P70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9AAbjWbZA4

oh thx! Wink
now I can agree with you: they are really very FAST!!!
MY NOOB STATS:

why not just give each weapon a damage factor on vehicles, for example, the rocket launcher is the most effective and the uzi has no effect at all or very small.
Rockets/Bombs in general have good effect and shells have small/no effect.

we can also have special effects. Electro, Nex, Crylink should have special effect since they shot some sort of energy. Example:
- Lightning weapon (electro), paralyzes the vehicle (can't move) as long as its beam is fired on it, but does no damage. The player inside still can fire weapons but cross-hair movement will be slow.
- Nex shocks the vehicle (and the player inside) and paralyzes it for say 3 seconds but does no damage. This may be a problem because of spam.
- Crylink heats up the vehicle and it starts to steadily hurt who is inside it after it reaches a specific value(degree) of heat.

another nice thing to have is to make ground vehicles like the spiderbot "flip" (or whatever word) so it's upside down, in that state it still can fire (maybe fire uzi only, but rockets will hit the ground and damage the vehicle itself), but it can't move of course.

This may of course need testing and balancing.
Any ideas/votes?

Why not draw some inspiration from games where fighting heavy vehicles is what you do most of the time? Take a look at this CG trailer. Most of the anti-vehicular weapons used by these mechs can simply be made by adapting the current arsenal by giving them different models and slightly different settings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os_gG0jLna4

Oh wait.

Or we could just use tag...
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

I dont think we need anti vehicle weapons.. sure vehicles MIGHT move faster than the normal avatar, however, a vehicle is easier to hit because it's bigger *pulls out hagar*

(08-29-2010, 10:35 PM)Zailemaos Wrote: I dont think we need anti vehicle weapons.. sure vehicles MIGHT move faster than the normal avatar, however, a vehicle is easier to hit because it's bigger *pulls out hagar*

Hagar seems like it would be a VERY devastating spam weapon to use on vehicles indeed.

Oh wait.

(08-29-2010, 06:43 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Or we could just use tag...

TAG Seeker isn't powerful enough! But maybe a big TAG Seeker that shots only one rocket would be great!
MY NOOB STATS:

In my perfect world, we wouldn't need special weapons to take out vehicles. Regular weapons should destroy vehicles when focused on by a team pretty quickly. If Xonotic was class-based, then, yes, I would agree with making anti vehicle weapons, but it's just work to hunt down the gun, and once the vehicle is destroyed you will either be left with a useless weapon or an over powered weapon.

But, most Xonotic maps should NOT have vehicles in the far future. If I wanted that I would play Halo. But it would be a nice option.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapon Balance Changes [PROPOSE/DISCUSS/REFINE] _para 2 1,808 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] Anti sore loser feature? rad dj flimflam 50 28,741 08-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Space Ace
  [SUGGESTION] XonStats weapon graphs regardless of past games played Antares* 1 2,674 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon Balance and Presentation 2016 hutty 28 19,664 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon model ideas - Post here! Beagle 7 6,069 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,561 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] Anti-Aimbot perredition 9 18,981 07-15-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Vehicle dynamics suggestion-damping factor zwz 6 7,620 07-10-2014, 05:10 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] per-weapon/vehicle camera toggling Lee_Stricklin 5 6,156 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [SUGGESTION] A vehicle Tank Idea aa 13 11,933 08-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: satuim