Create an account

Poll: Like idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
38.10%
8 38.10%
No! (please post why)
33.33%
7 33.33%
I don't care!
19.05%
4 19.05%
Other (please post)
9.52%
2 9.52%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[SUGGESTION] Anti Vehicle Weapon

Well the anti-vehicle weapon mustn't have 100 rockets!
Just one or two! and the vehicles do respawn!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I dont see the see the need really, Its not that hard to take out a vehicle with ordinary guns + adding guns for this job kinda makes countering vehicles with other vehicles unnecessary and waters out the whole concept of vehicles. Maybe fixed heavy gun platforms "man-able turrets" could be a acceptable compromise?

I don't get it. You mean make man-able turrets more powerful against vehicles or in general. If it will be powerful in general, then maybe it will be too powerful against players (regular, no vehicles).
The idea of man-able turrets (haven't seen that implemented before) is a nice idea btw, at least as a first thought.

man-able turrets, or gun emplacements, are in quite a few games so its by no means a first. I mean powerful in general, however it dosent have to mean its devastating towards (aware) players. For example the spiderbot moves slow but is heavily armored/shielded, a gun emplacement with a high damage, slow moving projectile would be fairly easy to hit it with; but a player could dodge that projectile fairly easy. Otoh two players one using something fast firing (to keep shield regen paused) and one using a heavy dmg gun are proly still more effective.

in UT3 the Anti Vehicle weapon locks on Vehicles when the crosshair is on one
the rocket is moving very slow!

It does not lock on a player!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Hmmm. Not so sure if we need ANOTHER rocket weapon. I mean, it would pretty much be like a second rocket launcher, but with slower and more powerful rockets. We currently have a hagar, seeker, rocket launcher... a 4th such weapon would need to be quite different IMO. Though if it would replace the Seeker, I would like the idea much more Smile

Regardless, a weapon model like the one in that pic (first post) is something I'd SO approve of Big Grin

Has anyone even considered the fact that we have a fireball gun?

I mean, seriously.... no one even acknowledge that this would work?.... Son, I am disappoint.

yeah, i was just going to bring that up. I have always thought of the fireball gun as an anti vehicle weapon, along with the TAG. (hey look, it locks on, and stuff)
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Planes need space; bigger levels.
Planes carry massive guns; ground defence for players.
Planes are armoured; anti-air weaponry for players.

Does this change gameplay dynamics too much?

How about portable traps?
(03-02-2011, 11:53 AM)Samual Wrote: Has anyone even considered the fact that we have a fireball gun?

I mean, seriously.... no one even acknowledge that this would work?.... Son, I am disappoint.

Yep fireball's good. In some sense though, I think the seeker's even stronger cause it's nearly unavoidable, and since de vehicles are gonna be so fast....

Considered that having / using vehicles get sorta pointless if theres a "player based" weapon that will take them out easily?

I went testing a bit on your server, the vehicles look nice:
Only the chopper one is too good. Nearly not possible to take it out using other vehicles. Only with the nex you stand a chance, I mean, when that thing is high in the air, bombarding you....
The spider is good, very effective against players.
And the other fast plane is good, only I don't really see what it's rockets do, they seem not really useful to me.

I dont really see the need of an anti-vehicle weapon. Man-able turrets could be fun, but no new weapons. And the turrets should be just anti air or anti ground, and not too good.
Moved to Mepper

My current suggestion is: Turn the Seeker into an Anti-Vehicle weapon. With similar behavior to current Seeker, of launching automated guided rockets (but possibly a different alt fire, like the Rocket Launcher but with a single slow rocket).

As for the Fireball, I hope it will be turned into a flame thrower and not be a super-weapon any more. For super weapon, we'd need a different gun like UT's Redeemer IMO Smile

(04-09-2011, 03:37 AM)mepper[NoSkillsOnlyLuck] Wrote: Only the chopper one is too good. Nearly not possible to take it out using other vehicles. Only with the nex you stand a chance, I mean, when that thing is high in the air, bombarding you.... [...]
And the other fast plane is good, only I don't really see what it's rockets do, they seem not really useful to me.
If the crosshair goes red, they are locked to the target, and will seek it, for example the raptor (= copter) that's flying high in the air.

Anyway, the "anti vehicle weapons" are the other vehicles. The vehicles shouldn't be that easy to be destroyed by "bystanders" with their funny little guns.

And man-able turrets are basically stationary vehicles. Could be nice, but somehow unnecessary.

I indeed already found out that the chopper kills simply the spider, the spider kills easy the fast plane, but only once indeed had the feeling that the fast plane's rockets searched the chopper. I will try it out soon, and if it works good, I don't see the need of an anti-vehicle weapon/man-able turret. Vehicles just should be very good and hard to kill.

But I must say I do like the idea of sitting in a man-able turret like you see in videos from Libya: one that fires extremely fast much ammo in the air and makes a lot of noise, I like that Big Grin
Moved to Mepper

> turret like you see in videos from Libya

Link?
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

Anti-vehicle weapon possibilities using current arsenal (assuming Samual's weapon changes get made):
Hagar Seeker
Nex
Mine Layer (maybe)
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

hagar seeker?
Don't we have the tag seeker?
I hope you're not one of those "lets consolidate and remove weapons" guys that abounded in nexuiz.
One reason for the fork was the removal of the seeker and the halac etc. Why should anyone dev for a game when they can't get their fun stuff in. It doesn't hurt you that other weapons exist, you don't have to put them in your maps and you can swap them out with the weapons swap commands.

I think he just forgot a "," Tongue

No need to worry!
Moved to Mepper

(04-12-2011, 05:39 AM)SelfPropelledArty Wrote: hagar seeker?
I hope you're not one of those "lets consolidate and remove weapons" guys that abounded in nexuiz.
One reason for the fork was the removal of the seeker and the halac etc. Why should anyone dev for a game when they can't get their fun stuff in. It doesn't hurt you that other weapons exist, you don't have to put them in your maps and you can swap them out with the weapons swap commands.

Samual posted a while back about some major weapons changes that are being made. One such change was merging the hagar and tag functions. The thread for it is on the following link:

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1608

Oh wait.

(04-12-2011, 06:31 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:
(04-12-2011, 05:39 AM)SelfPropelledArty Wrote: hagar seeker?

Samual posted a while back about some major weapons changes that are being made. One such change was merging the hagar and tag functions. The thread for it is on the following link:

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1608

Why does he get to decide to take away the tag seeker?
Why?

Fuck that.
Can't he just play with his config and not take away our weapons?

Do we need another fork to get away from the remove-weapon BS?
I guess you really do have to have 2 degrees of seperation

Hope his changes are cvar-resetable so we can set up a config that works how we like it (how it is now with the hagar and tag)
Add weapons, don't remove them please. I like the hagar as is and the tag as is, I like it's "spam" defensive secondary. Make the lightning gun, don't take away the hagar or the tag. If you want make a setting so we can go back to the old way if you need your change but don't take it away completely please.

I'm very much against merging the hagar and seeker. Especially since I made a change for the hagar that brings a new alt firing mode (hold to load rockets, release to fire them), which IMO is much prettier and unique for Xonotic. Posted about it somewhere else though, and it's on my test server too.

Still, hagar and seeker have different purposes and uses. And merging them just because both can fire rockets quickly is a very bad idea IMO. Instead, I find tweaking and changing how they work a good idea Smile The Seeker can likely be made into something much more interesting and different.

I agree, find something really different for the hagar secondary. Something funny and totally weird Tongue
Moved to Mepper

(04-12-2011, 02:11 PM)mepper[NoSkillsOnlyLuck] Wrote: I agree, find something really different for the hagar secondary. Something funny and totally weird Tongue

Already did something very different. It's on my test server right now. See this topic and post.

Still prefer to have bouncing rockets over the Unreal/Tournament-style loading you added. It looks like a pretty cool feature, but I think Samual had the right idea in his hagar seeker proposal in which the rockets detonate near targets and bounce off of objects if they go nowhere near them.

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapon Balance Changes [PROPOSE/DISCUSS/REFINE] _para 2 1,808 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] Anti sore loser feature? rad dj flimflam 50 28,732 08-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Space Ace
  [SUGGESTION] XonStats weapon graphs regardless of past games played Antares* 1 2,672 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon Balance and Presentation 2016 hutty 28 19,663 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon model ideas - Post here! Beagle 7 6,069 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,560 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] Anti-Aimbot perredition 9 18,979 07-15-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Vehicle dynamics suggestion-damping factor zwz 6 7,620 07-10-2014, 05:10 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] per-weapon/vehicle camera toggling Lee_Stricklin 5 6,155 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [SUGGESTION] A vehicle Tank Idea aa 13 11,933 08-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: satuim