Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Shotgun

okay i just started playing nexuiz and... shotgun melee? wtf? such a useless function, considering the fact that you cant swing quickly after you shoot to make it worth your while. meleeing with a shotgun doesnt make sense when you can just shoot them safely instead.. which brings me to my next point, why not have melee on a weapon like the rocket launcher or mortar?

It's not useless, you can sneak behind people who don't move enough, and attack their weak point for massive damage. "Shooting safely" is not as efficient, if you can risk a shotgun melee attack you'll make much more damage.
Mortar and RL already have their secondary fires fixed, we can't change those.

Isn't the point of the current shotgun melee that you always have the shotgun (unless you throw it), so you always have your melee?
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

That too.

(08-29-2010, 03:04 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: It's not useless, you can sneak behind people who don't move enough, and attack their weak point for massive damage. "Shooting safely" is not as efficient, if you can risk a shotgun melee attack you'll make much more damage.

I like it because of this. Lasering campers, while fun, isn't very satisfactory in the long run.

I am also glad it was bound to the shotgun secondary rather than the laser's because:
A. Right-clicking after laser-jumping still works; and
B. It means an end to the SG's spammy old "triple-shot" attack.

and B. was actually the reason for this
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

ok heres a better idea, why not give the laser a melee function since it has no secondary? it also makes sense so you can not splash yourself when fighting in real close with the laser.

Tried this and it failed..the melee works just fine on the shotgun secondary I see no reason to change it to another weapon and make things complicated for no apparent good reason.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Laser has secondary. It does lastweapon but some people still use it instead of a dedicated bind.
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

(08-29-2010, 05:35 PM)naryl Wrote: Laser has secondary. It does lastweapon but some people still use it instead of a dedicated bind.

I use it, but it was also easy to get used to hitting the weapon bind of your prev weapon when we tested the gauntlet melee attack on the laser. However it was useless, and the shotgun one was more powerful in just about any situation.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

(08-30-2010, 12:07 PM)FruitieX Wrote:
(08-29-2010, 05:35 PM)naryl Wrote: Laser has secondary. It does lastweapon but some people still use it instead of a dedicated bind.

I use it, but it was also easy to get used to hitting the weapon bind of your prev weapon when we tested the gauntlet melee attack on the laser. However it was useless, and the shotgun one was more powerful in just about any situation.

Did you try the suggestion where the gauntlet does damage in bursts like in Q3A? I've not been around for a while so I don't know.

I still stand by my idea for shotgun secondary as a double fire, which fires twice as many pellets but is spread twice as much too. I know people seem satisfied with the melee attack, but I'm not, so Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Fixed shotgun spread as a cvar lerh050 1 787 09-03-2022, 05:59 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  [SUGGESTION] Super Shotgun pickup Paulby 2 2,045 11-15-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon - shotgun frostwyrm333 13 13,639 05-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] Shotgun and Super Shotgun Lee_Stricklin 2 4,414 03-23-2010, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Trev_Nacho