Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[SUGGESTION] Cold truth about any Story mode for Xonotic.

yeah. my main priority at this point is the guns.

oh, and school. school is important XD

btw I think the "formerly yoda almighty" is there because I copied that sig from another web board where I had my name changed, and when I posted it here, I completely forgot about it.

and now you know! =p
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

i want to help, i can map model and do graphical design

edit: oh and forgot to mention story writing

With graphical design what do you exactly mean? It's usually construed as 2D images, you mean something like texturing, HUD implementation or concept art?
[Image: duck.gif]
ai am ai.

Fix the avatar size limit please! I want my avatar gifs back! DISCRIMINATION!
Also, change my name to 'ai', these forums sucks which can't have 2 letters in the nick!

I'm in for concept art (pen and paper stuff).

I can use blender but I'm not real good. At all. Tongue

Oh, and I'm learning to map right now but not good at that either.

I'll stick to pen and paper then.

I can do the Relaytor (isn't it Relator?) part if you want. I believe another one (or 2 more) would be good too.
What about a [private] IRC Channel about the Single Player where the "core team" is in and can discuss stuff (and feed the Relator with information Tongue ) ?

And like ai mentioned in another topic - an own forum section for the Single Player mode.

that wasn't ai !
it was MANERS !!!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I was referring to this:
(09-08-2010, 04:15 PM)Seijiro Wrote: They would even be in charge with trying to get a forum or section on these forums up and running.

(09-08-2010, 04:21 PM)Seijiro Wrote: With graphical design what do you exactly mean? It's usually construed as 2D images, you mean something like texturing, HUD implementation or concept art?
i can do texturing and hud and art to

(09-08-2010, 06:51 PM)Mirio Wrote: I can do the Relaytor (isn't it Relator?)

Heh, nope, I wrote relaytor like that on purpose. ^_^ Just my spin on it for funzies.

I'll update the first post. Oh and yes, an IRC channel I believe will be very important to have.
ai am ai.

Also, change my name to 'ai', these forums sucks which can't have 2 letters in the nick!

I'd really love to help with this but I have absolutely no time I can allocate for the next two semesters Sad
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

level design

https://docs.google.com/drawings/edit?id...y=CMbWmcgL
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

Once again to clarify. Single player should not be multiplayer offline. Thus these '3v3', 'ctf', 'dm' modes will run moot. Not saying there can't be a few of these someplace, somehow, not even saying the player can't like try to fetch a flag from an enemy base and bring it back for whatever reason. But don't make it offline multiplayer and remove the spawning. If CoD (to pick a random game that comes first to mind) singleplayer would be like multiplayer I honestly wouldn't play it.
Hell, I don't even play singleplayer in any of the UT games cause it's just a boring offline multiplayer with boring AI and not real people.

That's my take on it at least. There already is an offline multiplayer singlelayer mode. No need to create another one in my opinion. It also wouldn't be as much fun for me to participate in such a concept either (don't know if I even would).
ai am ai.

I can help with music/sound design and do some voice-acting Smile

If you need some monster-stuff weird screams - I'd love to try my skills with the mic Blush

Here is my music spam: [THREAD]

If you need someone to think of stupid dialogs than I might be useful too Big Grin

I also make some 3d stuff with blender (models, animations), not sure if it is good enough but... Smile

I'd like to learn coding (i do some minor stuff with Python, and had quite some expirience with Pascal/Delphi)

Anyway - I'am focusing on music right now.

As for the overall concept:

I agree that without organisation every project larger that wiping my nose is rather doomed. Especially if more that one person is needed. So I totally agree that a 'core' team of people seriously involved and people who will drive the project - those are all nessecary! And it doesn't mean that it's not community-driven project anymore. Those people are from the community, they are the community! Big Grin And all not-so seroius contributors are also welcome but their work need to be organised by the core-team to avoid so many bad things you have written about, Seijiro. I totally agree with you Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

For those of you that are not aware, we already have an IRC channel and an external forum going (not strong, but going). More info to come. PM me if seriously interested in working on the Story Mode, particularly the lore, coding, and concept art.

why dont you go ahead and ask people?

That's what this kind of thread is kinda for. Well, it wasn't planned to be that initially, guess it became that over the long run. The point was to open the eyes of people and make them realize how big of a project this would be. Those with low moral, self-discipline or whatever should not try to attempt to such a project. I wanted to weed those guys out, and make other realize how much of an effort it would require of them.
ai am ai.

ummm , have i been doing any work 4 this?

er......

?

:^

(02-07-2011, 09:37 AM)chooksta Wrote: ummm , have i been doing any work 4 this?

maybe you contribute a tune for it, without knowing it
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I suggest that we wait for a proper release of the game, or (most importantly) after which of the 42 balances has chosen to be THE balance Tongue

That way we'll have a decent base to work from, though in the mean time the story could be figured out.
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Correction: 50 balances
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

51 , i might make 1.....

:p

:^

Right... Since we're waiting for 1.0 or at least 0.5 to actually start, this might come in handy - A mindmap for Xonotic Single Player [SVG] - FreeMind version file with Notes [MM]
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

I'm really interested, what's new with the project?

Still waiting for the balances.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

I guess there's no lift-off in single player mode possible, unless the crude story line is set by the lead designers. The level design, scripting, creative use of gadgets and whatever could still be left to the community. Why don't you sort some ideas and decide which way you want to go? You already have two different character types present in the 0.5 release, erebus and gak if I'm not mistaken? You must have had something in mind when designing these. I also noticed some character class called "Necro", maybe three classes are a bit too much for an FPS? I can't think of any FPS but Half-Life right now that has more than two opposing groups in it, but even in Half-Life this is not reflected in the multiplayer.
Couldn't you just say: Xonotic Single-Player Campaign Chapter 1: Here's the story! Three levels are the goal, anything that doesn't fit, is going to be ignored. Once it's finished proceed to chapter two. It's a crowdsourcing approach, but I guess it won't work otherwise.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Sumo game mode BuddyFriendGuy 2 1,977 02-24-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Some "modern" Suggestions (Wipeout Mode, Electro Color) NoClue 1 1,980 10-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Mario
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] A NEW GAME MODE - HIDE AND SEEK! Kotangens 5 3,666 07-30-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [SUGGESTION] Destroyable Health mode. Magician 11 7,714 03-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SUGGESTION] Relic Duels (game mode) munyul 5 4,831 02-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SUGGESTION] Borderless (Fullscreen) Windowed Mode Iokast 0 3,210 07-04-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Iokast
  [SUGGESTION] New toys not new any more? BuddyFriendGuy 11 9,141 05-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Zombie mode verretor 4 5,233 09-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] CTF/FT hybrid game mode end user 9 11,399 08-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Portal-like/Puzzle/Gauntlet game mode? Re.Boot 10 13,076 06-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo