Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Vore Tournament (game forked from Nexuiz)

Since this thread has been pretty inactive, I decided I'd post this here as well for the sake of it. This is another surprise feature happening recently, and boy is it a big one Smile

[Image: OR8RWhD.jpg]

Two days ago, I was examining my progress on VT thus far, thinking to myself "what else could make the experience even better and more realistic". Two things popped to mind: Prey seeing the predator's hands grabbing them as they are engulfed, and preds seeing their own bulging stomach as they look down. Then I set myself a challenge: Could I do both in a single day... for all player models I designed for VT? Despite going to bed at 5AM, I have beaten this challenge yesterday. As of latest GIT master:
  • While being swallowed, the prey first sees their predator's hands to the sides of their view, grabbing them and drawing them in. The maw itself now appears after halfway swallow progress.

• When swallowing other players, you will now see your stomach slowly bulging outward. This uses a different view model based on the front side of the body, which works just like the mouth and glides forward from behind the camera. Currently it represents either your predator progress or your stomach load, whichever is the greatest.
Users are recommended to update all repositories under the Vore Tournament group and recompile! As this includes new models and updated blend files, the changes are a little big so they may take some time and bandwidth. To avoid any GIT conflicts, users are suggested to update each GIT repository from a msys2 command prompt using the following commands:

Code:
git reset --hard
git pull

Obligatory screenshot dump. Yes, it's long... why doesn't the forum allow spoiler tags anyway?

[Image: X5Iem4o.jpg]
[Image: Bc1hZxf.jpg]
[Image: tQkfS2G.jpg]
[Image: IqTbtow.jpg]
[Image: TsL1znJ.jpg]
[Image: e631zu5.jpg]
[Image: IRiWwGD.jpg]
[Image: 22Rsl3k.jpg]
[Image: UW4jMyE.jpg]
[Image: mKqREKk.jpg]
[Image: iikMuHm.jpg]
[Image: x81jXDi.jpg]
<spackObot> Congratulations to Samual and Taoki, your lovescore is 98.463%!
Samual (~dioteckte@...) quit #xonotic.pickup (gonna kill myself now)

Well, found you again, if you remember me. This seems abit more in-depth than on your FA, owo

(03-14-2017, 07:13 AM)MrTobyVee Wrote: Well, found you again, if you remember me. This seems abit more in-depth than on your FA, owo

Greetings again! It is indeed easier to post progress on a forum thread. Currently that includes this thread (as VT is a Xonotic mod now) and there's also a thread on Eka's Portal (it's a vore game so doh). As far as modifications themselves go, you can monitor the Gitlab repository to see exactly what changes and how: https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_v...its/master

Impressive work, MicreaKitsune. Very good at immersing the player in the ideas Vore Tournament was founded on Smile

(03-14-2017, 08:26 AM)-z- Wrote: Impressive work, MicreaKitsune. Very good at immersing the player in the ideas Vore Tournament was founded on Smile

Thank you very much! It helps to know that people are enjoying what I've made so far. This is by far the most ambitions project I've worked on, even if I have (often similar) game mods planned or in the making under completely different engines and genres. Once the primary features are ready and I've fixed every major bug, I plan to focus on the artistic side and atmosphere much more... including new assets such as music, and other original aspects that help with immersion. Also this couldn't have been done without the mutator hook system, so my own thanks to whoever implemented that Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Translation Website! (Help translate the game!) Samual 66 33,822 03-07-2017, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Roi
  nexuiz server in xonotic browser Cooper Hawks 19 2,184 01-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Harsh observation of things that will hold this game back Lee_Stricklin 18 7,367 07-17-2016, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  [Nexuiz Frag Movie] Farewell PCLizard 33 17,077 05-24-2016, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  Xonotic nominated for Linux Game Awards March 2014, VOTE NOW! poVoq 3 2,647 01-28-2014, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  So...How dead is this game? Chomps123 63 24,433 01-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Halogene
Question Why is this game underrated satuim 8 3,170 10-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Last Post: kammy
  DAMN, this game have changed... Wario 6 2,916 08-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  Wish to replace the xonotic music with the music from nexuiz Chromatose 19 8,326 07-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Last Post: rafallus
  Overkill game mode - I like it! SavageX 46 17,504 03-27-2012, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Micha