Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request textures. I'll make.

Question 
I'm going to make some high quality textures. Want more metals? Some proper earth textures? Asphalt? Realistic walls and doors?
What do you mappers want in a texture set?

(09-04-2010, 06:54 PM)Ihsan Wrote: I'm going to make some high quality textures. Want more metals? Some proper earth textures? Asphalt? Realistic walls and doors?
What do you mappers want in a texture set?

Metal (with shaders/cubemaps Big Grin), walls and doors, works for me Wink
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

For me, a simple set of textures similar to OpenArena's Base set (diamond, dark diamond, warning diamond, metal walls which fit cylinders, techwalls, etc.), and maybe a Hi-Res skybox for a new map that I have somewhere in the new ideas monastery, built in the high mountains of the Creativity Land in the universe of my mind...
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

I am looking for some dark, gritty, space station type textures. Especially floor textures.
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

You guys have to be more specific. What kind of metal floors? Grates? Panels? Rusted? Painted? Blood Stained? Mossy? Think it through a bit and give me something clear to work on.

http://www.filterforge.com/filters/1316.html

something like this

Ihsan are you able to make a sort of pack similar at the evillair's textures ???

http://www.evillair.net/v2/index.php?opt...&Itemid=46

I will be a good stuff for medieval maps
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

Something along there lines. These are from halflife. I especially like the color highlights.

[Image: v3zokhawlcv7gtrujmd_thumb.jpg]
[Image: l0hinf7g6jcngd08blz_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 82e4kv44vxabpxgrneur_thumb.jpg]

Hey ishan, i would really like some carbon fibre weave textures plox.
[Image: Real-Carbon-Fibre.jpg]
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Expansions to facility114 would be great.

Trak5 style textures would also be awesome (gritty and metal, yet lots of subdued colors and NO RUST).
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

(09-07-2010, 09:03 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Trak5 style textures would also be awesome (gritty and metal, yet lots of subdued colors and NO RUST).

Yes.
Absolutely needed! exx is bad for all the rust, yet trak5x somehow feels lacking. There aren't good "generic" textures in trak5x, the generic ones are too generic Tongue (base textures, just boring)
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

I mildly disagree, I like trak5 style quite a lot, good synergy of simple vector forms and dirty distressed components.

However, base textures are laaame. Some improvements for them could be some way to colorize them (red base, yellow base, blue base, pink base), perhaps some design elements like phoenixes or something.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

i INTEND ON MAKING THIS PACK IN AN open way so i'll be posting everything i do here. I kinda wanted to make a mini texturing tutorial because i think a lot of the hand painted textures we already have can be greatly improved if bumpmaps, normalmaps and specular maps were properly done. I promise it will be a pretty short read.

MINI TUTORIAL PART 1 (THEORY)
A quick explanation of what bump maps and gloss maps do:
The texture itself should only define the colour of the material, so a blue wall should have a blue texture, however, because players tend to turn off lighting effects to improve framerate you have to pay attention to how the texture looks on it's own.
The bump (in xonotic texturename_bump.tga) is a greyscale image which defines how raised or depressed each point on the texture will appear to be. Brighter areas appear raised off the surface while dark areas appear to be pressed into the textured surface. For example a dark spot on a white bumpmap will be rendered as a dent in the texture.
The gloss (in xonotic texturename_gloss.tga) is a greyscale image which defines how shiny/polished/reflective a surface is. Metals, bathroom tiles and anything polished is shiny and will have a bright gloss map while rust and dirt will have dark gloss maps.

MINI TUTORIAL PART 2 (A SIMPLE BUMPMAP)
Making seamless materials is so tedious that i decided to make tiles/panels. All i want is the edges to appear slightly beveled so my bump map needs to start dark (depressed) at the edges and brighten (rise) a little as it comes in from the corner. To do this in photoshop i simply made a bright square the size of the texture and applied a black inner glow to darken the edges (image below). The gimpers can achieve a similar effect by making a bright square with a black border then using a Gaussian-blur to smoothen the edge but, to be honest, the photoshop way is better.
[Image: kwak59armoz1g8pqmjp2.jpg]
That's it for the bump map i use throughout this. A bright square with dark edges makes instant tiles.

MINI TUTORIAL PART 3
Just a bunch of pictures showing how changing the colour map and specular map turns out. I used gimp for the screenshots but xonotic looks almost exactly the same.

1. A nearly flat grey texture with a bright _gloss image so it is very shiny and the _bump map makes it appear so smooth. Pretty boring:
[Image: lvkhvohw4430smc02q0l.jpg]

2. Same _bump and _gloss but the texture is tinted blue this time. Still boring:
[Image: gmwuune6dp0lxbjjfmem.jpg]

3. A copy of number 1 but this time the _gloss is darker so the material doesn't appear a shiny. Falling asleep:
[Image: zc2m7uj5x37txflim0g.jpg]

4. A copy of number 1 but this time the _gloss has more contrast and a little grunge style to it. Looks like metal now:
[Image: eb8btt2punymefc8md.jpg]

5. A copy of number 4 with the blue texture from number 2. Blue painted metal:
[Image: mwsp70z0wuvr0x0vv2m.jpg]

6. Let's mix the blue texture and grey texture to match the _gloss channel. Now we have blue painted metal with the paint being worn off:
[Image: h4z3qft3ilmgyia9i8z3.jpg]

Of course this is just the basics for those who didn't understand what _bump and _gloss do. Making more complex textures really comes down to mixing-and-matching simple base materials (like rust, rubber and paint) in much the same way as we combined material 2 with material 4 to make material number 6.

Please, your help would be much appreciated here and elsewhere on the wiki.

Nice mini tut Ihsan! I just like to add one thing; _gloss can, and often looks good/better, when you let it pick up some of the diffuse maps color (you can also achieve interesting effects by using different colors in it, result is something like a faked sss).

(09-10-2010, 07:03 PM)tZork Wrote: Nice mini tut Ihsan! I just like to add one thing; _gloss can, and often looks good/better, when you let it pick up some of the diffuse maps color (you can also achieve interesting effects by using different colors in it, result is something like a faked sss).

Didn't know that gloss was full colour in darkplaces. I'll experiment with it.
(09-10-2010, 06:43 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Please, your help would be much appreciated here and elsewhere on the wiki.
I registered at the wiki but i can't edit Sad

(09-10-2010, 07:25 PM)Ihsan Wrote:
(09-10-2010, 06:43 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Please, your help would be much appreciated here and elsewhere on the wiki.
I registered at the wiki but i can't edit Sad

This is true, you should ask an op in IRC to give you rights (#xonotic on irc.quakenet.org).

Hey what about textures for outdoor like these :

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/104666576-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/104665753-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/104665718-4.jpg

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/104666462-4.jpg

Would be great for jungle o simple outdoor's map like Piramid of Magician without using Sock textures.
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

There's an awesome bridge map here but the textures aren't GPL, maybe you could help retexture that one?

I would love some more computer screen textures, like the one below (which you made, if I am not mistaken), but maybe on a larger scale.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Btw: on my holiday I took a lot of pictures of rocks, stones and some other stuff with intention to make textures out of them later (I never had a reason to do it), anybody is interested to see them?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Custom NetRadiant Textures / Textures Not Loading 3agle427 3 3,948 09-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: HIBANEZ
  Textures: evillair's eU Texture Set Julius 1 1,716 11-27-2020, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Julius
  Textures: Xonotic Items as decals Julius 1 1,922 05-14-2020, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Garux
  Textures: Techy Julius 6 3,388 01-12-2019, 09:05 AM
  Textures: Julius's Light Beams Julius 2 2,371 01-11-2019, 08:30 AM
  Textures: Tabun Decals Julius 2 2,868 12-16-2018, 09:22 AM
  Textures: Nobiax Impacts Julius 0 1,737 12-07-2018, 02:53 PM
  How would i create glass textures? Molnija 2 2,514 10-28-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Molnija
  Having trouble getting transparent textures to work Notavi 5 2,891 07-17-2018, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Notavi
  I need help with textures. [Solved] TapX 5 4,165 05-11-2018, 02:22 PM