Create an account

Poll: Want to be mean with your opponents ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah, they're also mean with me
21.43%
3 21.43%
No, I love them !
78.57%
11 78.57%
I don't know. First, I need to know how to use the secondary mouse button
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SUGGESTION] Auto gun slapping

Question 
Hey, I've wondered about a simple thing : If you're near to an (alive) ennemy (!or teammate maybe!) you slap them auto if you're using the shotgun acutally. BTW, what about creating buttons that only work with slap ? (not weapons) And some graphical effects? (particles &decals)

Would take all the fun and challenge out of it.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

hey, i wondered whether we could include auto-shooting when the crosshair is on an enemy. it would be easier to hit enemies, thus it would be more fun!

I think the shotgun is too slow to activate. However auto slap is not the answer.
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

BTW, Jaykay, the thing that you wanted is cheating.. autoshoot!
EDIT : I agree with Rad, you mean faster refire?

Calino, plox look up 'sarcasm' is reference to jaykays post
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Don't like auto slap, too!
...and what would be if both are equipped with the shotgun Wink
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

;'( any lover of unbalanced things ? Tongue

(09-05-2010, 01:41 PM)Calinou Wrote: ;'( any lover of unbalanced things ? Tongue

well yes, i never saw the slap thing on the shotgun though

It means you never played Xonotic, or you should learn how to use secondary fire.

(09-07-2010, 12:58 PM)Calinou Wrote: or you should learn how to use secondary fire.

If you want it to be automatic, YOU should learn it too instead Tongue

The shotgun melee attack (or slap as it now seems to be called), has been made easier to hit with, before it was too hard people said..but again people didn't really know how to use it, you need to time your swing with it to hit, but the distance you need to be to hit someone has been reduced so it's slightly easier now to land a shot..once you know how to hit with it, it can be very useful in the correct situations!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Another problem: if it was auto-slap, we'd need a "car" icon instead of the trout. I love that trout icon, so please don't implement any auto-slap! Except maybe other way round, as anti-vehicle weapon (auto-slap as "slap the automobile"). Then we could keep the trout for slapping vehicles, that'd be fine for me. But don't touch the trout.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I vote against automatic action. It's a way of using shotgun that requires a lot of skill. And I think it's great! I messed so much a melee weapon in Nexuiz! Now I can lag all the servers down learning how to win a match using only slap! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
If it's too easy it is not fun at all. I tell you: making music isn't easy at all. But it's fun as 5h1+! Failing and failing and then - a success! That's what I love about creating arts and ripping people's heads off with a perfectly timed and aimed swing of my shotgun.

I would like to see more little features that are hard to use so I can discover new stuff and learn more cool ways of doing things in Xonotic! If there is nothing to master - the game would become boring really fast.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Idea: Organize the qc gamecode as a script bundle, and auto-compile it at startup MirceaKitsune 9 10,420 03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Samual
  [SUGGESTION] [SOLVED] Machine gun view rocknroll237 6 6,065 05-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Last Post: hutty
  [SUGGESTION] Lighning Gun coming along? Fireball 1 2,539 09-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] Gravity gun fight mod thingy Nesquick 2 4,027 01-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Last Post: jaykay
  [SUGGESTION] Nex gun recoil impact for high jumps like in Nexuiz xeros 3 5,368 10-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Last Post: xeros
Rainbow [SUGGESTION] An idea of how Machine Gun could look... unfa 7 8,613 10-01-2010, 07:01 AM
Last Post: unfa
  [SUGGESTION] Idea: auto-kick TKers Antibody 23 24,915 09-26-2010, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo