Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New CA only Server ".broccoli | Clan Arena" - EU Based

.jpg   Ohne Titel 2.jpg (Size: 105.63 KB / Downloads: 43)

Hey,
I recently found Xonotic because I've been looking for an alternative to the usual arena shooters I play. Quake 3 Arena and the CPMA scene is getting long in the tooth. And Diabotical which was my absolute favorite arena shooter in recent years, is unfortunately threatened by extinction. There are still regular games, but the development and community has fallen asleep.

After I found Xonotic and noticed that you can host dedicated servers here without any problems, I decided to host one directly.

The server ".broccoli | Clan Arena" will be a CA Only server as the name suggests. The maps that are on the server and the rules I would like to work out together with the CA community.

The IP-Adress is: 164.90.213.209:26000

Side Information:
The server is hosted by Digital Ocean as a droplet in Frankfurt, I can't say anything about the performance at the moment, we will find out when we start playing on the server. (maybe there will be a change of provider or something else).

Maps:
Here I would like to list which maps we will have on the server.
  • Battleforged Full R2
  • Monastery HT
  • Bromine
  • Trident
  • Afterslime (Default)
  • Monstrosity
  • Farewell

These maps have already been recommended to me in the Matrix Chat. These maps are all still on a discussion basis as to whether or not we will make the map on the server. None of the maps mentioned are installed yet, I'll take care of that soon.
Green will mean the map is uploaded.

Rules:
-- PLEASE HELP ME HERE --

Mods?
Maybe https://omaera.org/~z411/xonotic/ ?

So my basic questions now are:
  • How many slots should the server have?
  • How many specators?
  • How long should a round be?
  • How many rounds on a map?

And so on, you know what I have in mind, let's start a great CA Only server together!

Thanks for the help!

(02-10-2023, 05:40 AM)aeh Wrote: Hey,
I recently found Xonotic because I've been looking for an alternative to the usual arena shooters I play. Quake 3 Arena and the CPMA scene is getting long in the tooth. And Diabotical which was my absolute favorite arena shooter in recent years, is unfortunately threatened by extinction. There are still regular games, but the development and community has fallen asleep.

After I found Xonotic and noticed that you can host dedicated servers here without any problems, I decided to host one directly.

The server ".broccoli | Clan Arena" will be a CA Only server as the name suggests. The maps that are on the server and the rules I would like to work out together with the CA community.

The IP-Adress is: 164.90.213.209:26000

Side Information:
The server is hosted by Digital Ocean as a droplet in Frankfurt, I can't say anything about the performance at the moment, we will find out when we start playing on the server. (maybe there will be a change of provider or something else).

Maps:
  • Battleforged Full R2
  • Monastery HT
  • Bromine
  • Trident
  • Afterslime (Default)
  • Monstrosity
  • Farewell

These maps have already been recommended to me in the Matrix Chat. These maps are all still on a discussion basis as to whether or not we will make the map on the server. None of the maps mentioned are installed yet, I'll take care of that soon.
Green will mean the map is uploaded.

Rules:
-- PLEASE HELP ME HERE --

Mods?
Maybe https://omaera.org/~z411/xonotic/ ?

So my basic questions now are:
  • How many slots should the server have?
  • How many specators?
  • How long should a round be?
  • How many rounds on a map?

And so on, you know what I have in mind, let's start a great CA Only server together!

Thanks for the help!

Cool, Thank You!
FAF - FERIS - COPENHAGEN - DENMARK - GNU/Linux  Heart
Homepage: https://feris-xonotic.net

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 673 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,820 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  Unjust ban on the only active DM server, what can be done? nj 30 10,850 08-02-2022, 07:04 AM
Last Post: nj
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,755 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Lost server key, can't hold new key FlufyBuny 0 2,174 09-09-2021, 07:05 PM
Last Post: FlufyBuny
  how to have blue team only with bots and red team 1 human player and 2 bots billyjoe 7 7,394 09-04-2021, 11:53 AM
Last Post: AndK
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 8,050 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Question [NEED HELP] Server uses 40% CPU whereas Nexuiz server runs with max 10% e-pig 6 4,966 08-19-2020, 10:17 PM
  [NEED HELP] Server dont appear in server browser abslimit 0 2,578 03-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Last Post: abslimit
  How to change server cfg on modified server veecho 4 4,319 04-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy