Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MAP] Sewer (beta)

greetings!

I have decided that my map is ready to become beta, and It would be great if I could get some help testing it. at this point, I am mainly focused on balance and gameplay. If you ave any suggestions as to how I could improve this map, let me know and I will do so.

screenshots:
[Image: sewer.png]

It has changed a bit since then. I will upload some newer screenshots later.

and the download
theSewer_v1.pk3

enjoy!

as a side note, I am aware the map is not very "futuristic", and I am sorry. my next map will be futuristic, I promise Tongue
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

You can take ingame screenshots with the key you bound to "screenshot" in the menu. F12 is the default I think. They will be in ~/.xonotic/data/screenshots

EDIT: also, why is the bottom cropped? Is it like that on your screen? You could easily fix that if you play windowed mode all the time.

it was cropped BECAUSE it was in windowed mode. it's not like that fullscreen Wink

also, not sure why it has that "test build" watermark. is that just because it is built from source?

Imgur Gallery

Looks nice Big Grin
Good lightning Wink
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

theShadow, I will try to take a look before the end of the weekend. Can you put some more details in your initial post on what we should be expecting (1v1, TDM, CTF, etc), and perhaps some areas/things that you are not sure about or need clarification on?
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(09-16-2010, 07:30 AM)theShadow Wrote: also, not sure why it has that "test build" watermark. is that just because it is built from source?

Yep.

this water is BEAUTIFUL!!!
[Image: p82trk2r1yvdybrzj8_thumb.jpg]

but i'm missing some textures...
[Image: rzz2ss449y08lusc5gnx_thumb.jpg]
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

thank's for the replies everyone Smile

kuniu: from your screenshot, I can already see a problem. it seems that the texture for the box is missing. (can't be found)

Imgur Gallery

This map seems very slow, but the concept is okay for a 1v1 map (but it may well be too small for that).

What is happening here?
[Image: dm-1612853687149.png]

Make this corridor higher.
[Image: dm-812853687148.png]

Something wrong with this warpzone...
[Image: dm-12128536871415.png]

I could not see the box texture either, looks like it was not packaged correctly.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

roanoke, I don't have any of the graphical errors you seem to be having. could you post an error log or something?

Imgur Gallery

The boxes and the launchpad textures don't load for me.

The map is good, but it's really small (maybe even for 1 v 1). The only place where you can maneuver is the main room, where it is still hard to get around.

the map needs to be scaled up

just telling from the screenshots:
- rotate the bricks on the ceiling by 90 degree
- smooth the transitions (e.g. where ramps of the bridges hit the floor)

theShadow, we already talked on IRC, so I'll just condense my points here:

- Megas shouldn't be in the same room together. IIRC you have MH and MA in one room.
- I'd make the crylink a bit harder to get, since right now its primary fire is probably the best weapon to use in this small level.
- The "goal" issue where bots don't stray from their spawn points (this is minor).
- Spamming is really easy w/ electro/crylink/RL.

That's really the only issues I could come up with right now, having not played any real opponents there. One of my bigger concerns is that spamming is so easy, and how one would counteract that - probably it comes down to weapon placement.

Great work overall and it is visually very nice! The water is beautiful and I love what you've done w/ the combo jumppads. Keep up the good work.

I think I might just remove some of the more powerful weapons. maybe also see if I can increase the re-spawn for some of them.

also, I will make some changes so you can move around a little easier. however, when I was testing this, I can move around pretty fast. it just takes a little more concentration that some of the other maps.

Imgur Gallery

The movement seemed fine to me. As you mentioned, this map is supposed to feel somewhat cramped - you're in a frickin' sewer!

yeah, I think all I am going to do is remove the ceiling lights in that one really small tunnel. they are pretty much unnecessary anyway. I will also scale up the map a tiny bit.

Imgur Gallery

What about changing the water texture to a more mucky texture like what you might find in a sewer?

Really cool map! Smile
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

I have thought of doing that, but the water is just so pretty @.@

the colors...

Imgur Gallery

Hahaha, sewers aren't pretty. Big Grin
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM] Tatami Gash - 1st Beta Rush 1 1,564 05-09-2022, 06:44 AM
Last Post: PenguinMafia
  [CTF/DM/NB] Ascent (beta 5) _para 22 8,028 07-16-2020, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [DM/DOM] - Map Beta - Slagpit Notavi 8 3,269 07-15-2020, 11:36 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Hyperspace (beta) ThePWTULN 38 40,562 03-28-2017, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Cinnamon Juice
  TempleCity Beta 2 (Update) _para 6 8,603 08-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Mario