Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Where do I put maps in Xonotic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know where to put any new maps in Xonotic. I tried putting a map, snow_beta.pk3 in the Xonotic\data\xonotic-20101223-maps.pk3\maps\ directory, but I didn't get anything. Is the map supposed to be in the data directory, as with the game who's name shall not be mentioned?
i don't really think we shouldn't mention that name, but, as far as i'm concerned, the answer for your question is 'yes'.
~/.xonotic/data/maps
or
~/.xonotic/data/[yourpk3dirname]/maps
Just copy the maps from dlcache into xonotic/data and you can play them via "Create".
(12-27-2010, 08:13 AM)Mirio Wrote: [ -> ]just in copy the maps in dlcache into xonotic/data and you can play them via "Create".

Not in dlcache, then they only won't download when connecting to a server playing that map. Just put them into the xonotic/data directory, wherever that is.

Linux/Mac: ~/.xonotic/data/
Windows: My Documents/My Games/Xonotic/data/ (just guessing)
(12-27-2010, 08:21 AM)FruitieX Wrote: [ -> ]Linux/Mac: ~/.xonotic/data/
true about windows, but you can use also ~/xonotic/data/ just like in nexuiz
(not guessing Tongue )
(12-27-2010, 08:21 AM)FruitieX Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2010, 08:13 AM)Mirio Wrote: [ -> ]just in copy the maps in dlcache into xonotic/data and you can play them via "Create".

Not in dlcache, then they only won't download when connecting to a server playing that map. Just put them into the xonotic/data directory, wherever that is.

Linux/Mac: ~/.xonotic/data/

I meant the maps that are located in dlcache. Tongue Probably I should wrote "from" instead of "in".
In windows 7 it is: c:\users\(username)\saved games .

Linux has been said plenty of times above
Griff. This thread is two years old.
He has resurrected an ancient thread. Big Grin
As well you have to check if the mapinfo file in [pk3dir]/maps/ corresponds to the same map...
example:
afterslime.bsp
afterslime.waypionts
afterslime.mapinfo

Inside your mapinfo there should be:
Code:
title [yourmapname]
description [description of map]
author [author]
cdtrack [music to play, in numbers not track names]
has weapons [<--- aww c'mon every map has weapons]
gametype dm         [these are the gametypes, each time u add one repeate "gametype before]
gametype tdm
gametype lms
gametype ca
gametype arena
gametype ft
gametype ka
gametype kh
gametype dom
Droid. This thread is two years old.
(04-15-2012, 05:27 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: [ -> ]Droid. This thread is two years old.

it's still useful and just helped me again :-)