Xonotic Forums

Full Version: 0 stars --> unrated thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

Ich habe a suggestion for the forum mechanics.

It's weird that non-rated threads get 0 stars. I'd prefer them to get "not rated yet" caption or grayed out stars, or a "?" sign there indicating that the thread is not "worse than bad" but unrated.

What do you think?
I don't care about those stars to be honest. They are not really useful in my eyes.

Rather something that you can "+1" posts (only one time of course) if they are really good.
If a topic got a lot of those votes -> the stars would raise.
I think that's something to submit to MyBB.

No.

I think that's something to submit to -z- because he said he'd update the forum a long while ago Tongue
(02-10-2012, 11:30 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: [ -> ]I think that's something to submit to -z- because he said he'd update the forum a long while ago Tongue

"Last Visit: 21.10.2011, 22:17"

Tongue
Id rather get rid of the thread rating altogether, i see no point in it. Or is there an example here where it actually "does something useful"?
It fills my pages with links that are so easy to click by accident in pentadactyl/vimperator. I must have misrated tens of threads by now.
uncle -z- is busy irl , like we all get , from time to time.

not the best thing for the forum , or the game , but ya still have to respect and wish well for anyone in the same position. (i moved from city to remote desert just recently , and my tunes are suffering from it)

as far as the stars go , i do take notice of them , and ill click on them if they of an interest and ild like to point it out to the masses

maybe they should be used more...

t

:^
Of course we respect his work and RL situation, but it's not a good thing that he's the only guy in charge of this if he's so rarely available.
ill try to have a chat with him , sort this out

t

:^
woa a rating system? how long has that been there....
(02-14-2012, 06:00 PM)hutty Wrote: [ -> ]woa a rating system? how long has that been there....

hmm.... like... from the very beginning? Wink