Xonotic Forums

Full Version: too many to choose from
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
had a little mix up while trying to buy portal ....
anyways...

I now have $10.00 in my steam account ...

what game should I spend it on?

(besides illfonic nexuiz )
Why don't you tell us what games you like.

In other news, your signature is overflowing because of the big font in your link.
Any game from id is worth a buy in my opinion. Wink
Hmmm. Why don't you just get the Orange Box like I did? Big Grin

When you get it, there's so many awesome mods to try (I installed GoldenEye Source, Zombie Panic Source, The Stanley Parable, No More Room In Hell, Underhell, Minerva, Fistful of Frags, etc recently and I love them all!)

If you already own the Orange Box, go for the Crysis Maximum Edition (all the Crysis games): it's only £7!!! Make sure you get it before Monday!
i have very few pc games ... so almost anything is on the to get list

oh god ... so many choices

crysis
nexuiz
halflife
deus ex
trine
and millions more

what I already got
portal
portal2
world-of-goo
quake1
cod4
civ4
minecraft
xonotic
... and other os apps)
Nexuiz <- you mad? Tongue

Anyway in my opinion Half Life (1, 2 and both episodes) is the best choice here as it is a REALLY (I mean REALLY!!) great game with a fantastic story.
Sonic CD is an absolute must play. If you don't have it already, then get it. It's only $5. Aliens VS Predator Classic is another good one you can get for $5.
Get Trine, it's awesome.

BTW: you can play source engine mods without buying HL2/Orange box/etc - valve made the source engine sdk free for everybody, so all mods (except those requiring content from specific games) will run fine without buying anything.
(09-08-2012, 03:28 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: [ -> ]Get Trine, it's awesome.

indeed.
there is a trine weekend deal.
Grab Hero Academy or eXceed Collection
Quote:you can play source engine mods without buying HL2/Orange box/etc

Some Source mods need certain games (e.g. Half Life 2) to work properly, but all Source mods require you to have at least one Steam game installed. Smile
ok ... I settled for halflife ... but I probably will buy trine later :3 (although ... I wont do that through steam ... I want to run trine on my linux boot ...)
Good choice you have made. *yodaface*
I'd go for first Deus Ex (HR is not first Deus Ex). Best singleplayer game I've ever played. I wanted to finish it again (as different presonality Wink) recently and discovered that there are tons of fan-made mods for it which enhances graphics, models, ... Also it has great soundtrack which makes already great cyberpunky atmosphere even better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saxWk9DAaWA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnYwLZcxOtY

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwvhiaxH3WY (note it's only one way to accomplish this mission, you can also DM it, choose other route, ...)

Conspiracy everywhere!!

Any CoD is waste of money.

EDIT: Well, Half-Life isn't bad choice. But Deus Ex is better =).
CoD4 I got to make a map in attempt for an internship ... (never finished the map ... unfortunately) ...

anyways ... at the price I got it (5$) cod actually was worth the money ... :3

i'n not gona go and get cod2 or cod3 ... cause one aimbotter filled down the scope shooter is enough
cod3 is only for ps2
No, Cod 3 is for Xbox 360 too.
really? didnt know it
do you mean cod3 or cod mw 3

... cause thats what I meant ... cod mw2 cod mw3
Ohhh, I meant COD 3 (not COD MW3!). Smile

COD 3 was available for:

-PlayStation 2
-PlayStation 3
-Wii
-Xbox
-Xbox 360