Xonotic Forums

Full Version: TDM uses team spawn entities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think that TDM should go back to using info_player_team1 and info_player_team_2 as spawn points (Nexuiz 2.5.2 uses info_player_deathmatch, so a red guy can spawn in a blue base, although apparently this didn't used to be the case). I am very annoyed that they removed this feature from Nexuiz.

However, I acknowledge that this may affect (read: "break") some older maps, so I would also be open to the possibility of it being a cvar (perhaps "g_tdm_use_team_spawns" or similar) that can be set in the .mapinfo file for each map.

Therefore, I would like to see what everyone else thinks about this before I push for it. (I have a feeling that I am not alone in wanting TDM team spawns, but just in case I am...)
this would only make sense in CA! tdm always used the normal dm entities.

if this system would be changed all maps need changes. That leads to much work
I choose option 4: TDM is boring either way Tongue
TDM is a classic game mode div0 Wink
Boring to you, but great for others!

Leave the entities as they are please, it's always been that way in every TDM game I played in any FPS that I know, also for nexuiz it doesn't make sense to do it that way in TDM.
(05-07-2010, 06:50 AM)kojn^ Wrote: [ -> ]TDM is a classic game mode div0 Wink
Boring to you, but great for others!

Leave the entities as they are please, it's always been that way in every TDM game I played in any FPS that I know, also for nexuiz it doesn't make sense to do it that way in TDM.

That is my point. I don't like the mode - but some people do, and for THESE it probably is better to keep it the "usual" way.

On another note: the OP obviously doesn't know about the g_tdm_team_spawns cvar.
divVerent Wrote:the OP apparently doesn't know about the g_tdm_team_spawns cvar

I just looked for it: it doesn't exist in my game (2.5.2, default build) but sounds slightly relevant Tongue Care to elaborate?