Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Former NOOB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone

I used to play a lot of Quake 2, and a little Q3A, but that was several years ago. I played 4 seasons of counter-strike 1.6, but now that it's dying. I use linux ( Arch / Herbstluftwm ) so this is perfect too, and I miss finding pickups on IRC. I am from Finland, but do not live there currently.
Welcome!
Hi

Did you ever play in any leagues with quake 2?
Welcome! If you're interested in team play there's a clan of Finnish people http://ohsnap.arkku.net/index.html
Welcome to Xonotic!

Are you running a laptop cause 16gb DDR3 @ 668mhz seems a bit strange? Most RAM these days runs at least approx. 1000mhz.
Welcome!

(03-09-2014, 07:53 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to Xonotic!

Are you running a laptop cause 16gb DDR3 @ 668mhz seems a bit strange? Most RAM these days runs at least approx. 1000mhz.

He definetely isn't Tongue The memory is DDR3, it does indeed run @ 668Mhz, but because it is DDR3 it is effectively running at double the rate -> 1336Mhz. So probably it was sold as 1333Mhz, which is very common.
Quote:He definetely isn't Tongue The memory is DDR3, it does indeed run @ 668Mhz, but because it is DDR3 it is effectively running at double the rate -> 1336Mhz. So probably it was sold as 1333Mhz, which is very common.

Oh I see! Thanks for clearing that up.
NOOOOOO! Another Finnish nexwhore Big Grin

Welcome Smile