Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Steam ID in contact information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We already have the option to input an ICQ Number, AIM Screen Name, MSN ID, and Yahoo ID. I would love to be able to add Steam ID to the list of contact information I Can enter for others on the forums to see. Also if I ever wanted to contact the person I could easily add them on steam, see what games they are playing, and chat.

This would just be a small way to easily get in touch with people who may not be as active on the forums, but are actively playing games on steam.
That's something you could put in your signature.

Can you let me know what a steam ID looks like? What's its maximum length? I need to know this to add the field.
You can either set custom id like http://steamcommunity.com/id/djstrikes3, but I believe the max length would be the format like so - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/11111111111111111/. I know it could be put in the signature, it is just something I have seen in a lot of other game related forums so figured I would mention it.
(11-26-2014, 01:18 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: [ -> ]That's something you could put in your signature.

Can you let me know what a steam ID looks like? What's its maximum length? I need to know this to add the field.

Add Skype while you at it. Big Grin

AIM, ICQ and MSN seem not used at all nowadays.
Maybe add IRC nick(s) to while at it, quite a few (including myself, not on qnet though) use different nicks there.
I agree completely. I think skype and IRC nicknames would be great additions as well!
Meh. Why not.

I can't make the steam one a link though. 30 chars should be plenty enough?
(11-26-2014, 02:48 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: [ -> ]Meh. Why not.

I can't make the steam one a link though. 30 chars should be plenty enough?

Yes, it should be enough. Smile
There. Not too fond of the skype lock-in though, but I doubt any VoIP field will be used at all anyway.
Does not the stuff fit better into "Additional Contact Information"?
I have no means of controlling this.

And now that I think of it, I should have just put a textbox field for misc. contact information instead of promoting skype and steam.

EDIT: I guess we'll have to wait for MyBB to update. This ICQ / AIM / MSN thing is dated anyway. I regret putting up those fields now. I think I'll remove them for now and encourage users to use the signature or bio fields instead.