Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Slauncha!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

since quite some time I was looking for a new project to get involved with. Preferably something futuristic and open source. Seems like I finally found something which might become my new 'home' Wink

Previously I was working on a larger scale MMORPG/FPS project which initially had been released around 2002. The company behind it filed insolvency twice and in late 2012 operations and the source was handed to a voluntary team which I became part of as lead developer for about two years. I enjoyed hunting down long standing bugs, memory leaks and exploits as much as implementing new gameplay features where possible.

Currently I am working as a PhD student in high energy physics and I am involved in the ATLAS experiment at CERN, so I am also earning my livings currently with programming nearly all day and night Wink In case all goes well I will eventually finish my thesis this year.

Slauncha,
Alduin
Welcome.
Welcome to Xonotic!
Hi and welcome! To get in touch with Xonotic developers, check out #xonotic on freenode IRC. Or jump right in and make yourself familiar with the source code at https://gitlab.com/groups/xonotic . Grab any open issue that interests you and try to resolve it. As usual with open source projects, any help with development is greatly appreciated.
Welcome!