Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Sniper Rifle Can Shoot Through Walls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On many maps the sniper rifle, if that's what it's called [the one with the rectangular end], can shoot through walls or pretty much anything.  It's very annoying.  Sure, if everyone knows this trick, then I suppose it's fair game, but usually it's only the more experienced players who know this and rest of the players are essentially sitting ducks.  Especially when there's a draw and you can see the enemy flag carrier on radar -- one can merely shoot the enemy from the other side of the map without actually seeing them.  It leaves the player who thought he was hidden and alone wondering how he got shot.  Is there anyway to fix this?
You are most certainly talking about jeff's server. That's his problem. Neither vanilla not overkill weapons have such over the top solidpenetration values.
Server settings on Jeff's server, huh?  I'll mention it to him.
It is a feature of the Hunting Riffle, so nothing to fix there.

The weapon is funny in DM gametype but, as I do not play CTF,  I have no idea in how well or bad it works for CTF, with or without vehicles.
Oh, and Jeff likes to have many different weapons on his servers, so I doubt anyone can convince him to disable some
of them. As an example of this: we have 3x machinegun-like weapons in Resurrection server.