Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Hullo from Mezz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there - I'm Mezz. Just saying hello and introducing myself.

I'm a long time Linux geek (Slackware was my first and favorite), also using MS Windows, OS X. I'd say Amiga, but you'd have to quarantine me! (Seriously, Zombies don't have the staying power Amiga users do! LOL!)

I work in the DC area as a project manager, enterprise architect, part time web developer, and IT Governance geek.

I'm looking to help myself out and starting by building Xonotic on Windows, then OSX, and then Linux. It strikes me as odd there aren't binaries available already, but I'll try and keep on topic - me! I've been looking for a few good projects to focus on developing my own skills and knowledge of virtual space: I want to know a bit more about virtual universe size, not so much the math but the logic and capabilities of various open source engines, as I've enjoyed FreeSpace2 and modifications. I have the itch to understand how hard it is to create my own virtual world.

Hopefully I'll be seeing more of you individually in the forums or online soon.

Pew, pew, pew,

~Mezz Big Grin
hello and welcome!!

First question: How often do you brush your teeth?

[Image: ohhai.jpg]
And do you brush the old fashioned way or with an electric toothbrush?

Welcome!
Hey Mezz. Welcome here.

Ok, maybe a little explanation: Kuniu is a leader of the Poland dentists lobbying associaton.
He proposed to include a plasma toothbrush as starting weapon in Xonotic.
Heyy Mezz! welcome in your new home Smile

Don't use the plasma toothbrush yet! Or you will be fragged by a pink tortoise armed with a hybrid-toothbrush!