Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Moi! Greetings from Finland :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi! I'm a graphical-designer boy from Finland. Cool
I'm really exited to be (?) a part of Xonotic community Smile I give all my hope, love and support to Xonotic dev team and community to make Xonotic the best game on this universe Wink As I said, I'm a graphical designer. If you want to see examples of my work, go to http://samasen.otokset.fi (no artwork there yet), and if you want to contact me go to http://samanen.tk Tongue (Has some issues, but will be fixed soon today if i have enough time)
I'm waiting the game release (or beta release) so much that you can't even believe! Blush And oh, almost forgot that I'm a Mac user (G5 iMac Blush, maybe ordering new soon), and old linux user (ubuntu for 2 years, other distros for 1 more year.) Want to know something more? Just ask. Shy
Moi ja tervetuloa! (Hi and welcome!)

Darn, I got no welcome image but I am the first to reply! Half a point for me :oD

Cheers!
1 point for you, Halogene.. And for your Finnish language skills! : D
Heh thx. I could add more but the written language is so darn different from the spoken one that I'd probably make ridiculous mistakes (only learnt to speak, not to write). Finnish is one of the world's most beautiful languages btw. But I guess every Finn knows that already :o)

Oh, being off topic again.

BTW if you have a working linux installation, you can quite easily build from git and check on the current status of the project. Or did you get it working on Mac OS already?
You should try writing Finnish more Smile It's easier than you think. We have only one sound (or "phone") for one letter, and wherever the letter is in the word the sound is still same Smile
Yeah, /offtopic :-D
I don't have any skills of building / porting applications or games to work in Macintosh. I haven't catch the download for Mac OS, is there at least a download for Mac? Smile (Sorry my ignorance, as you know I'm newbie here. Smile
Well there are no builds yet, but you can build yourself. You mentioned you are also on ubuntu linux, I managed to get the sources and compile the thing myself without problems and I am not a freak or nerd (don't listen to the people that actually know me). It is surprisingly easy. See my post here: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php...72#pid4972

Uses some disk space, though, so beware. :o)

How did you get to know about Xonotic, btw?
Xonotic is not released yet, but the developement version is accessible to the public. You have to compile it yourself though, and since it's a development version, it is not complete yet.
It's explained here http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...ory_Access
(there is about 2,5 gigabytes of data to download, and you need about 5 gigabytes of free space on your disk in total, though)
Right.. Thanks for the replies. Oh, 2,5gb? Smile Maybe I've to download it at night.
To Halogene, I told you that I've used linux for 3 years, but I didn't say it clearly that I don't use it anymore Smile Sorry for that, but I don't have any linux distro running now.
I should try your links, thanks both for them Smile
I found Xonotic when I searched for eyecandy & fast-paced FPS game at moddb.com, and I fell in love with this, the screenshot was breathtaking Wink I've played Nexuiz when I was on ubuntu. I didn't like it so much then as I like Xonotic now, and I've not even played this game :-D Smile It would be cool to have Xonotic dev version, but I'm amateur in this kind of things but I'll still try this :-)
Oh, thx for the link, Mr.Bougo. Instructions also for MacOS - cool. And yes, it still IS incomplete. But VERY fast-paced. Big Grin
Hi, welcome to the community Smile

[Image: qlrhyqs1p.jpg]
Yeah that's about I just was thanking about Smile I prepare my mac to the download Wink There isn't torrent?
(08-26-2010, 09:50 AM)Fisume Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, welcome to the community Smile

[img]photo[/img]
Yeah, I've seen this pic Big Grin Thanks :-) Wow. You posted second before me Big Grin
E: O.o Moomin-cup!! Big Grin
welcome

finland ftwWink
i have some friends who work in germany and come from finlandWink
they are so funny Wink

Hyvää päivää.
Miten Menee?

btw i cant speak finnish at all, only some sentences^^
first sentence i ve learned in finnish or in every other language: En ymmärrä!? its like je ne sais pas? or i dont know, ich verstehe nicht? lol funnyWink btw my first sentence in german was not "ich verstehe nicht"^^

but lets take a look...
finland is like these pictures.

[Image: small_in%20finland%20you%20only%20get%20...20once.jpg]

[Image: finland.jpg]

im afraid...

Hei hei^^
First of all, hello samanen.

Second of all, i can't agree with this picture
(08-26-2010, 11:15 AM)CrrazzyRulezz Wrote: [ -> ][Image: finland.jpg]

because of what Finnish army did in 1939-1940
Smile
Finnland!!!
[Image: 209338674_97a65c1015_z.jpg]

Welcome to the Xonotic Forums!!! Wink
You're all awesome... and welcome samanen!
Hey you Wink

Sorry for the signature mix-up.

And welcome.
Hey samanen. Welcome here!
Which gamemodes do you usually play? ctf? dm? nexball?

@Halogene: you indeed deserved half a point. But as our guest wanted, you'll get one.
And consider that you owe me a 1v1 game if you like. Smile

@Fisume: woaw... you get an extra point for this pearl.
@Rage_ATWM: slap me around with a large trout on IRC when I am online and we'll see if/when I have time for a 1v1. 1v1 is my favorite game mode :o)

@Fisume: yeah really nice picture. Especially with the Moomin cup - very cool.
Blah! I downloaded 2,5gb of data - for no reason. The updated XCode version is only for Snow Leopard! Angry Does anyone know where to get older version of it, which works on PPC Leopard? (Np if you don't, I'll dl it later today.)

(08-26-2010, 02:27 PM)PinkRobot Wrote: [ -> ]You're all awesome... and welcome samanen!
Thanks Smile

(08-26-2010, 01:19 PM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: [ -> ]Finnland!!!
[Image: 209338674_97a65c1015_z.jpg]

Welcome to the Xonotic Forums!!! Wink
It's beautiful here. Isn't it? Smile When I go to my patio, I see a landscape like that one Smile (But further away, 80m)
Thanks btw Smile

(08-26-2010, 02:58 PM)nowego4 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey you Wink

Sorry for the signature mix-up.

And welcome.
Hi! Yeah no problem Big Grin You should warn newbies here because they can take it seriously, like I did Blush Thanks Smile
Hello, and welcome! Üdv! Smile
Heh - this is starting to become a Finland fan thread. I'll dig through my photo archive and see if I can come up with a nice mökki scenery.
Big Grin No problem, all Finland-fanposts are warmly welcome! Big Grin And sauna is warmly.. eh Big Grin welcome Wink Guys, quess how many times I go to sauna in 1 week? Smile
Yeah, a bit offtopic but it belongs here :-D
[Image: Mikko_Sauna1_1.jpg]
(08-27-2010, 05:45 AM)rado Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, and welcome! Üdv! Smile

Yeah thanks Smile
hm... 7 times in winter, 0 in summer?

We have the same in France btw.
But vertically-wise, and full of wine. Tongue
(08-27-2010, 08:16 AM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: [ -> ]hm... 7 times in winter, 0 in summer?

We have the same in France btw.
But vertically-wise, and full of wine. Tongue

Once a day :-) "Built-in Sauna" is the best feature in a Finnish house. Best way to relax.
Yeah maybe better to wait for the beta release. I got it working, but only 1 server worked for me. FPS was always between 2 and 5, I didn't see anything but bot players, power-ups, and shields/healths. Another server that "worked" for me wasn't laggy, but I was only able to see 4 blue squares filling the screen. (Not the crossfire, guns, health indicator etc..) When i pressed esc I was able to see the game instead of four blue squares filling the srceen. But, fps 90 and I can't remember that did i see anything else than a black place and my gun there. :S
Pages: 1 2