Xonotic Forums
ty (unfinished-undefined map) - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Map Releases & Reviews (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ty (unfinished-undefined map) (/showthread.php?tid=1199)

ty (unfinished-undefined map) - monad - 11-12-2010

ty.pk3

[Image: 0z7eqbiiqmh54okfxuyy_thumb.jpg][Image: a2l8gtfqijfnriwdtj8_thumb.jpg]

I think that I can build a map that is visually aceptable, but maybe the gameplay is going to be bullshit so I'm posting here before it is too late.

I would like to hear sugestions and critics, specially about the general structure of the map to make something playable.

Some notes:
- Most of the map is still "one texture floor-wall-ceiling"
- There are some weapons and items but their placement is not meaningful.
- It's not properly built (no vis blocking, inside a very big skybox...)
- The name is not decided yet (profanity!).

RE: ty (unfinished-undefined map) - tZork - 11-12-2010

Looking forward to seeing how this develops =)

RE: ty (unfinished-undefined map) - FruitieX - 11-14-2010

I like especially the second screenshot. First one needs some trims around the round parts to not look so artificial Smile
But yeah this has great potential!

RE: ty (unfinished-undefined map) - monad - 11-14-2010

(11-14-2010, 03:25 AM)FruitieX Wrote: First one needs some trims around the round parts to not look so artificial Smile
Yeah, patches are not my friend.

RE: ty (unfinished-undefined map) - nowego4 - 11-14-2010

(11-12-2010, 03:00 PM)monad Wrote: I think that I can build a map that is visually aceptable, but maybe the gameplay is going to be bullshit so I'm posting here before it is too late.

I would like to hear sugestions and critics, specially about the general structure of the map to make something playable.

Some notes:
- Most of the map is still "one texture floor-wall-ceiling"
- There are some weapons and items but their placement is not meaningful.
- It's not properly built (no vis blocking, inside a very big skybox...)
- The name is not decided yet (profanity!).

I actually think your structure isn't to bad, however the empty doorways that are teleporters are very confusing, makes it look incomplete. Could you try warpzones?

About the textures:

I think some beams of a different textures would break up that repeating pattern you can see. Also this would be nice in the concrete passageways.

Some notes:
-The Quad is quite easy to get to. Maybe try putting it in the middle of the big room (suspended in the air) and putting the rocket launcher in it's place.
-I could not find any plasma ammo or rocket ammo. You could try removing the crylink/electro and putting more ammo around.
-The rocks on the outside part are not wrap-around, might look better if they were Wink

Ok, that's it for the telling-you-what-to-do part, and now we get to the best part! Naming! Why did you call it "ty" anyway?

Possible solutions:
-tied
-country factory (obviously rename of desert factory)
-monosight

I should tell you it's common practice to replace spaces in your map name with underscores (like_that_see?).

Good job! Keep working on it and your map could even make it into the final release! (assuming you have an impressive name, of course)

RE: ty (unfinished-undefined map) - rainerzufalldererste - 11-14-2010

Looks nice!

RE: ty (unfinished-undefined map) - monad - 11-15-2010

(11-14-2010, 03:25 AM)FruitieX Wrote: First one needs some trims around the round parts to not look so artificial Smile

Still with misaligned textures but...
[Image: 2j5tu2zymzwj6lzof9yp_thumb.png]

Thanks nowego4! As you had noticed, a lot of parts are empty and I'm noob puting the items.
About the name, I started like 2 or 3 maps with names like foo, foo2... and this was renamed to ThisYes->ty

Yesterday I did some progress with incomplete parts (compiled with -meta, no light):
[Image: zz233jhpl112a2m6lv16_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 24479j3d05dszgwoq6k_thumb.jpg]

RE: ty (unfinished-undefined map) - nowego4 - 11-20-2010

Textures look nice from screenies, especially the trim.

Smile

RE: ty (unfinished-undefined map) - Dokujisan - 04-29-2011

Did this map ever get finished?

RE: ty (unfinished-undefined map) - monad - 05-06-2011

It's hidden in the harddrive, in cryogenic state.
I want to start mapping again but I'm occupied with another things.