Xonotic Forums
[SOLVED] [Solved] transparency texture stop to be trans. - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Help & Troubleshooting (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] [Solved] transparency texture stop to be trans. (/showthread.php?tid=2165)

[Solved] transparency texture stop to be trans. - Leeloo - 09-19-2011

Last time I have edited the map I worked on it "x-evilspaceremix" I had a transparency texture which I borowed in the evilspace map made by cortez666. it was about at the end of july. Yesterday I edited the map to work on it and the textures are not trans anymore. I compared with evilspace map and it has also lost its transparency. I used different maps version and I have the same result.

[Image: tYWY5bg]

I looked at the shaders boths maps and parameters seems to be right.

Is someone has an idea about what hapenned?

==============================================

The shader did not fit anymore with the latest xonotic version. I wrote a new one based on an other shader. I followed the Maddin advice, well I tried evrething told here.

RE: transparency texture stop to be trans. - It'sMe - 09-19-2011

check if the shader is added to
Code:
scripts/shaderlist.txt
and/or try to create a new shader tag file...
Netradiant > Plugins > ShaderPlug > Create tag file

should solve it Smile

RE: transparency texture stop to be trans. - Maddin - 09-19-2011

Is there a "trim-truss_alpha.jpg" texture in "textures/map_x-evilspaceremix/"? Or does this texture use an alphachannel? (Then it has to be a .tga!)

I´m also not quiet sure whether the two stages in the shader are correct. They could also cause this problem. You may have a look at the exx-shaderfile for some samples.

RE: transparency texture stop to be trans. - nowego4 - 09-19-2011

What version where you running them in then and what version now?

When I fired up 0.5 (I think) for the first time, all textures with alpha had black instead of alpha (grates, etc.). I went in to settings>effects and was setting them to how I like, and later textures had alpha. Don't know what I changed, or if that was the cause at all, just thought I'd relay it.

RE: transparency texture stop to be trans. - Leeloo - 09-20-2011

@ It'sMe: It doesnt work anyway it is not an editing problem with netradiant because same thing appened with evilspace map and I did not edit that map.
@ Maddin: I've got the textures all of them alpha+normal and like I say to It'sMe I realized it is not an editing problem.

@nowego4: "all textures with alpha had black instead of alpha"
recently I upgraded to 0.5 autobuild. I think I have the same problem. First I will delete my config file and then I'll work around the setting video parameters.

RE: transparency texture stop to be trans. - divVerent - 09-20-2011

I'd like to know the shader name of the problematic grates.

(09-20-2011, 08:22 AM)divVerent Wrote: I'd like to know the shader name of the problematic grates.

The shader name is "trim-truss"
also
in afterslime map I see only illuminated textures as lamp textures, slime textures, megahealth effect...
I've tried many video setting but the map still black. I also deleted the 2g3h1234345756jkf85kg95ish-afterslime map I had in dlcache.

RE: transparency texture stop to be trans. - Maddin - 09-20-2011

It´s caused by realtime worldlighting, there should be a recent thread about that somewhere in the forum.

Did you tried to redownload the game to solve this non-working transparency?

(09-20-2011, 01:34 PM)Maddin Wrote: It´s caused by realtime worldlighting, there should be a recent thread about that somewhere in the forum.

Did you tried to redownload the game to solve this non-working transparency?

I redownload the game and the map afterslime show itself as its suppose to be but not the trim-truss texture in evilspace map. Thank you for the tip.

RE: [Resolved] transparency texture stop to be trans. - Leeloo - 09-21-2011

The shader did not fit anymore with the latest xonotic version. I wrote a new one based on an other shader. I followed the Maddin advice, well I tried evrething friends told me here.