Xonotic Forums
Hi everybody! - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Oh Hey, I'm new, I'd like to Introduce myself (ohiniltim) (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Hi everybody! (/showthread.php?tid=2833)

Hi everybody! - adem - 04-04-2012

My name is Andrey Stepanov aka "adem". But mainly i play by the tag "adem<3russia" (guess why?Big Grin ). I love Warsow, Promode, QuakeWorld and now Xonotic. My favorite gametypes are Duel and DM.

Thanks Devs for the stylish and funny game. I hope it will gain some popularity in a near future!

p.s. I would like to ask admins to rename my forum's account to "adem". I'm not a spammer Blush

RE: Hi everybody! - Soelen - 04-04-2012

Hola adem!

I checked the last 10 newcomers here in forums.xonotic just to see who has the same problem:

Quote:
  • rad dj flimflam - ok!
  • adem4ik - rename my forum's account to "adem". I'm not a spammer
  • 0siris - ok!
  • 3zekiel - my IGN is "Sir" but the forums said I matched the info of a known spammer? I dunno.
  • Triaxen - ok!
  • Aznrith - ok!
  • Xeno Daphron - Could some nice mod change my username to just Daphron?
  • KoonerX9999 - ok!
  • EmmEffKay - ok!
  • Micha - Wouldn't mind if an admin renamed my account to Micha, I promise not to spam

This is not a representative survey, but still, a lot questions comming up:
  1. Is this right calling newcomers a spammer? Not even registered and being called a spammer is pretty hard dudes heh, especially seeing the 4 of 10 newcomers are called like that!
  2. How effective works the anti-spam filter? Does this really prevent spammers at all? How does forums.xonotic will looks like if this filter is disabled?
  3. Does this anti-spam filter really discourage spammers? I would try that in 100 another ways to get in and probably with success D:
Anyway, welcome to the xonotic forums adam you silly little spammer! Enjoy spamming every single thread which xonotic provides! =D

Edit: Oops, 4 of 10, not 5 of 10! Also I am probably wrong with Xeno Daphron, he maybe just wants a change.

RE: Hi everybody! - [CCC]KINGSHOT[CCC] - 04-04-2012

Welcome to Xonotic!

RE: Hi everybody! - Maddin - 04-04-2012

Hello! Smile

RE: Hi everybody! - rocknroll237 - 04-04-2012

Hi there. Big Grin I've seen you on the Warsow forums.

RE: Hi everybody! - Mirio - 04-04-2012

Hello spammer. Tongue

Wink

RE: Hi everybody! - RaptorFX - 04-04-2012

Hellow my fellow warsowian Smile

RE: Hi everybody! - Mr. Bougo - 04-04-2012

Soelen, we know there's a problem and a fix is in the works. I watch every thread, if anyone wants to change their name because the antispam plugin filtered it, I do it for them. But if they don't ask explicitly, I ask them to confirm. If I missed any, do tell them that they can PM me with a new nickname of their choice. I just changed Adem's.

RE: Hi everybody! - .Danny. - 04-04-2012

(04-04-2012, 02:50 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Soelen, we know there's a problem and a fix is in the works. I watch every thread, if anyone wants to change their name because the antispam plugin filtered it, I do it for them. But if they don't ask explicitly, I ask them to confirm. If I missed any, do tell them that they can PM me with a new nickname of their choice. I just changed Adem's.

makes sense to me.

RE: Hi everybody! - adem - 04-04-2012

(04-04-2012, 02:50 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I just changed Adem's.
thank you very much! Rolleyes