Xonotic Forums
[SUGGESTION] Suggestion for competitive gameplay 6v6 - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Suggestion Box (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: [SUGGESTION] Suggestion for competitive gameplay 6v6 (/showthread.php?tid=4588)

Suggestion for competitive gameplay 6v6 - Electabuzz - 11-06-2013

i thought of an idea for a competitive gameplay called 6v6

Basically there are 6 players on each team but each of them have a different job(sort of like 6v6 tf2)

Jobs:

Roamer: each team must have only one roamer. The roamer has to be someone who is very good at strafe jumping, bunny jumping, laser/rocket jumping and using the grappling hook. The roamer is a source of distraction.

Leader: Each team must have a leader. The leader tells people what to do and decides everything on each team. The leader has to be the best player in each team, someone who has over 55 % accuracy in every weapon.

Pocket: The pocket always stays with the leader and protects him as the leader is the best player in your team and is the most important. The pocket must sacrifice himself if he has to for the leader. Each team can had 2 pockets at max.

Normal: there are 3 players left after 3 of them have a special job these players are just normal players. if necessary one of the normal players can play as the pocket to protect the leader but there must be at least 2 normal players at all times.

Rules

1. Grappling hook must be turned on but only the roamer and pockets are allowed to use it.

2. Roamer is not allowed to capture flags or keys

3.pockets are only allowed to use shotgun and explosive weapons

4.Pockets cant rocket jump or laser jump

5.only the leader/ normal players are allowed to use the nex

6.Pockets are allowed to laser jump in minstagib.

If you think this a is a good idea you can suggest anything that might improve it.

RE: Suggestion for competitive gameplay 6v6 - Halogene - 11-06-2013

I deleted your double post in the tournament section, I think this is a post for the suggestion box :o)

Apart from the fact that it's already close to impossible to set up a competitive 5v5ctf currently, I'm also not entirely sure this is a concept that could work, given how fast the game is (and how fast you're dead). What if a "pocket" gets fragged and respawns at the other end of the map? Or do you want them to respawn near the leader? If not, how will they get there fast, if they're not allowed to rocket jump/laser jump? Also, how will they be able to follow the leader that way?

I agree that if we had a competitive player base that would easily be able to set up 6v6ctf games, some "class" system could be interesting. But since I've never played a class based ctf game, I won't be able to help much in thinking out a working concept. All I can do to help there is identify problems that I see :o/

RE: Suggestion for competitive gameplay 6v6 - Electabuzz - 11-06-2013

(11-06-2013, 05:56 AM)Halogene Wrote: I deleted your double post in the tournament section, I think this is a post for the suggestion box :o)

Apart from the fact that it's already close to impossible to set up a competitive 5v5ctf currently, I'm also not entirely sure this is a concept that could work, given how fast the game is (and how fast you're dead). What if a "pocket" gets fragged and respawns at the other end of the map? Or do you want them to respawn near the leader? If not, how will they get there fast, if they're not allowed to rocket jump/laser jump? Also, how will they be able to follow the leader that way?

I agree that if we had a competitive player base that would easily be able to set up 6v6ctf games, some "class" system could be interesting. But since I've never played a class based ctf game, I won't be able to help much in thinking out a working concept. All I can do to help there is identify problems that I see :o/

Now that you point it out i think I will change it so that pockets can use grappling hook, because you can get to places faster than rocket jumping. And if the leader rocket jumps away they can follow him with grappling hook.