Xonotic Forums
[SOLVED] Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Help & Troubleshooting (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite (/showthread.php?tid=5260)

Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - oger - 01-22-2015

Xonotic 7.0 ran great.
Now I downloaded 8.0 and put the entire Folder in my applicationsfolder.
When I tried to start xonotic.app I just get a message from the system that there is a problem and it cant start.

RE: Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - Mario - 01-22-2015

There is a problem with the Mac build, the issue has been reported and a workaround is available here: https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/issues/122#note_757994

RE: Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - oger - 01-22-2015

I installed the SDL Framework.
It starts, but I get a spinning beachball.
I´m not inclined enough to do any programming so I´ll probably just wait until they release a fix..
Thanks!

RE: Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - Mr. Bougo - 01-22-2015

I haven't encountered that spinning beachball yet, ouch. I don't know how to troubleshoot that.

RE: Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - oger - 01-23-2015

Sorry, my fault!
Works now. Just had to reboot.
So just install the SDL Framework mentioned above, reboot, and it works.

RE: Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - Space Ace - 01-29-2015

The new 8.0 version won't work on my mac either.
I have osx 10.6.8
How can I get it to work?
[I have no idea what an SDL Framework is or what they're talking about at the gitlab link above]

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2
Referenced from: /Games/Xonotic (new 0.8.0)/Xonotic.app/Contents/MacOS/xonotic-osx-sdl-bin
Reason: image not found

RE: Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - Mr. Bougo - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 12:23 PM)Space Ace Wrote: The new 8.0 version won't work on my mac either.
I have osx 10.6.8
How can I get it to work?
[I have no idea what an SDL Framework is or what they're talking about at the gitlab link above]

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2
Referenced from: /Games/Xonotic (new 0.8.0)/Xonotic.app/Contents/MacOS/xonotic-osx-sdl-bin
Reason: image not found

As explained in the highlighted comment in the link above, you should grab the SDL 2.0 dmg file from this page and install it to the /Library/Framework folder.

If that's not clear enough, don't hesitate to ask further.

RE: Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - Space Ace - 01-29-2015

Thanks, no it wasn't all that clear to me in the linked page, lots of techno jabber back and forth between people.
I did what you said and it worked. Weird audio glitch when starting the game (makes a buzz noise for a second or two), but otherwise, works Smile

RE: Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - Mr. Bougo - 01-30-2015

The link leads to a specific comment of mine in the page though, the one highlighted in orange, at the top of the screen.

Glad you got it working! That buzz noise is strange, I haven't experienced it. Is it the first time something like that happens on your computer? What model is it? What OS version does it run?

RE: Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - Space Ace - 02-01-2015

Yeah, it's a loud "dil-dil-dil-dil-dil-dil-dil-dil-" sound and lasts about two seconds as it says "Loading". Similar to the sound you'd get in those old console video games sometimes if you didn't have the cartridge pushed in all the way, you know, electronic sounding. Never heard the sound before on this computer. iMac OSX 10.6.8 (can't update to a newer osx version or my printer/scanner won't work anymore -- a free update but I have to buy a new printer/scanner, no thanks).

RE: Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - CoolGui - 02-04-2015

I get the weird noise too but doesn't really seem to cause an issue. Thanks for the help, I was pulling my hair out trying to upgrade before I found this.

RE: Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - BuddyFriendGuy - 04-13-2015

1. I tested on Yosemite 10.10.3, and I'm getting the buzz sound in the beginning (probably during SDL audio init process?) as well.

2. Can we add the info about SDL dependency in the download page? I don't think too many first timers would see this thread.

RE: Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite - BuddyFriendGuy - 07-04-2015

(04-13-2015, 01:29 AM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: 2. Can we add the info about SDL dependency in the download page? I don't think too many first timers would see this thread.

Met another user today who couldn't play because of SDL missing. Can we add this reminder on the download page?