Xonotic Forums
Screenshots of what you're doing. - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Editing and Concept Art (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Screenshots of what you're doing. (/showthread.php?tid=69)

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - sev - 10-22-2010

(10-22-2010, 05:47 AM)Strahlemann Wrote: And iirc there was this great feature, at least in Nexuiz, to mirror the picture. lefty-mode or something like that.

Interesting idea, didn't know that yet and certainly will try it. The cvar is v_flipped (1).
BTW, loading other skyboxes: loadsky PATH(without _bk and so on), e.g. loadsky env/exosystem/exosystem

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Debugger - 10-22-2010

I played several times on naryls ca server, where is a retextured (the "old") version of that map. In xonotic i failed when trying to do these jumps. (I didnt try very often, actually Big Grin)
So, im intrested too in your version Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Lee_Stricklin - 10-22-2010

Open console before game

exec physicsLeeStricklin.cfg
exec balanceLeeStricklin.cfg

Big Grin

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Rad Ished - 10-23-2010

@Stralemann, noted. Hi! How are ya? making anything tasty for Xonotic?
@Cuizi and RageATWM, it's not going to have EXACTLY the same layout. However, if you look further back in this thread you will see that Sev is working on a more faithful remake of Soylent for Xonotic. My version is going to be mostly the same, with same trickies and more Big Grin

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Rage_ATWM - 10-23-2010

(10-23-2010, 02:20 AM)Rad Ished Wrote: @Stralemann, noted. Hi! How are ya? making anything tasty for Xonotic?
@Cuizi and RageATWM, it's not going to have EXACTLY the same layout. However, if you look further back in this thread you will see that Sev is working on a more faithful remake of Soylent for Xonotic. My version is going to be mostly the same, with same trickies and more Big Grin
So maybe it could make sense for you to make your differences a bit more salient, just to not have 2 slightly different soylent maps.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Cortez666 - 10-23-2010

[Image: q0xpbbii3ioshtxz4ky9_thumb.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Justin - 10-24-2010

.zip   Screenshots.zip (Size: 2.85 MB / Downloads: 21)

some screenshots of xonotic, quake , nexuiz maps

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - rainerzufalldererste - 10-24-2010

[Image: 3r27m5ru9db5fr56nuj_thumb.jpg]
nice!!!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - nowego4 - 10-24-2010

Is this normal?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - kuniu the frogg - 10-24-2010

you mean mega armour model? It's cool, could have bigger head, or some details making it look a bit better. But i like 5A thingies a lot.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - nowego4 - 10-24-2010

I didn't make it, it was in there by "default". Is it supposed to be that way?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Strahlemann - 10-25-2010

@Justin: good work there! I remember some of these from old Nexuiz days. Anything WIP?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Cortez666 - 10-25-2010

[Image: ql6a9m5fm7c2xfjgd1u_thumb.jpg]

newer shot

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - monad - 10-25-2010

[Image: v84176o2afmwvn7xdr4m_thumb.jpg]

Another map, I wasn't happy with the old one.
I'm not inspired... Dodgy

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Sepelio - 10-27-2010

Monad - looks good, I'd say try breaking up that white concrete looking wall texture a bit more. Maybe put in some trims and other details. Perhaps cut a hole somewhere and stick in a fan or something. Perhaps (depending on map style) add some things like spot lights, wires, pipes etc. take a look at cortez's screenshot to see how he has done it Tongue

Back on topic...

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - monad - 10-28-2010

(10-27-2010, 06:17 PM)Sepelio Wrote: Monad - looks good, I'd say try breaking up that white concrete looking wall texture a bit more. Maybe put in some trims and other details. Perhaps cut a hole somewhere and stick in a fan or something. Perhaps (depending on map style) add some things like spot lights, wires, pipes etc. take a look at cortez's screenshot to see how he has done it Tongue

Back on topic...

Yes, I need to build the walls. Those white walls are temporal.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Strahlemann - 10-29-2010

(10-25-2010, 11:28 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: [Image: ql6a9m5fm7c2xfjgd1u_thumb.jpg]

newer shot

looks solid!
Add some variations in the height of the roofs to break up the horizontal alignment.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - theShadow - 11-03-2010

[Image: xonotic000010.jpg?t=1288836591]

not sure what is causing the wierd lines on the left cliff face. the other cliff faces in the level are fine.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Strahlemann - 11-04-2010

Looking good. A bit too much orange if you ask me. Sure it's the atmosphere, but some white spotlights or some cold-colored neon-lights thrown into the place would be nice.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Debugger - 11-04-2010

:O
nice, theShadow!
Looks like some industrial area, that orange is not bad btw Tongue

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - nowego4 - 11-04-2010

That looks awesome! Great WIP!
Do you have a demo pk3 or something for us to test?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - theShadow - 11-04-2010

@nowego4: thanks, and soon Smile I am working on finishing touches now, along with item placement.

@strahlemann: Lights have been placed Wink (I needed to anyway)

also, the problem with the cliff seems to be gone. go me.

and finally, what are your thoughts about having th jet pack spawn on the map? I tried it out just now, and it is hella fun, but I would like to see what others think.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - FruitieX - 11-05-2010

very very nice theShadow Smile
from the screeny this looks totally sweet.
CTF map? Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - shoeberto - 11-05-2010

Wow, I really love the atmosphere in that shot. I hope you at least keep it in some areas Smile It looks really great.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - theShadow - 11-05-2010

@Fruitiex: thanks, and no, it is just DM at this point. I make a CTF variant if there is enough demand. (I do have a CTF map in the works though)

@shoeberto: of course, I mostly just added lights where it was too dark (like in the indoor areas.)