Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

I think everybody likes to show up his work in progress. Smile

The rules haven't changed:
-Upload thumbnailed versions of your screenshots!
-Please try to stay on-topic. I mean, if you would like to ask for help, about "woah, cool, how did you do that", open a new topic instead. This is not a support topic, but questions are always welcomed in a short way.
-Post only images of your work, if there are some significant change in outlook. A plus-minus brush excites no-one.

I think these rules are not hard to follow Smile
Ok, so I start Smile

So... My first map that I've revamped for Xonotic is Space CTF, aka cb_ctf1. I've changed a lot in the map geometry, also added some shields against camping. The map is visually more pleasing thanks to the high quality eX and trak5 texture sets and the awesome models made by morphed. The awesome skybox was made by sev.
To make the gameplay more exciting, the map will feature some "side objectives": certain jumppads can be disabled for a while by destroying generators that power them.

[Image: zww8g24ghamy6tsj2dyl_thumb.jpg] [Image: 7fj48aabhm48556vj784_thumb.jpg] [Image: 6iu56q7iycv9md1eh3yq_thumb.jpg]

[Image: lidflq0sgw6t379rx0f_thumb.jpg] [Image: it64ja9n4ack9b86g3uf_thumb.jpg] [Image: ess7pdjpytas868lebnu_thumb.jpg]

[Image: 453zmmvibmuk3zc83tv_thumb.jpg] [Image: z5edr0b1zfyu6b5bi4fw_thumb.jpg] [Image: 2555ee1bvfbj3vh_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

real professional work

Cool stuff you're working on improving the map, I especially like the idea to have team-only teleporters and those generators. Makes room for strategy Smile

There are two things I'd comment on though: First is the ground texture that looks like rough stone slabs, which give a feeling of ye medieval stonework rather than a futuristic space construction. Perhaps a more conrete-like or more modern looking texture would fit better? Despite the irregular pattern of the slabs, the texture still looks like rough stonework, mostly due to the rough overall surface.

The second thing is the bird logo on the ground. I know the logo was one of the contenders for the new Xonotic logo, but perhaps a Xonotic phoenix would fit better here? Naturally, this also depends on your personal preference and artistic vision of the map and I can't say the current logo is unfitting.

Apparently I'm going to have to up my game... Tongue

I agree whit Lamoot,
The stone texture is nice but doesn't give you the futuristic feeling that seems to be the aim. (I do like the combination of medieval stonework and a futuristic space island thingy)
In the characters threat there talking about aliens and other non-robot violent things: maybe you could add a organic thing below a glass surface (along the lines of: http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/viewer.php?...5u6xyg.png )
Just an idea.

EDIT: forgot to tell you that the jump pads look awesome!

Tell morphed that you like the jumppads Smile

(03-23-2010, 02:59 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: Tell morphed that you like the jumppads Smile
Okay here goes:
Morphed, I like the jumppads. Big Grin

Please do the same for teleporters Wink
Also, make a neutral color version for non-team maps (or maybe just use either for that? dunno) We should really have a "standard" for what jumppads and teleporters should look like in even community-made maps, to have them easily recogniseable anywhere.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

heres a WIP that started pre xonotic . So the futuristic theme was not applied . just something that poped up in my head . it was intended for DM / CA , but later a ctf version would have been made . right now im focusing on GPL HQ texture creation . the map was textures already but with non GPL ones . So now im getting to know Gimp better and hopefully i will succeed in making a beautiful and fun gameplay map.

[Image: 70hn0ejgxw3m3tqfqv0_thumb.jpg][Image: 5ln2jl6wpzdongumd3_thumb.jpg][Image: t3pqxystbutam51bot_thumb.jpg]
I have no signature . That is all .

(03-23-2010, 10:19 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: Ok, so I start Smile

So... My first map that I've revamped for Xonotic is Space CTF, aka cb_ctf1. I've changed a lot in the map geometry, also added some shields against camping. The map is visually more pleasing thanks to the high quality eX and trak5 texture sets and the awesome models made by morphed. The awesome skybox was made by sev.
To make the gameplay more exciting, the map will feature some "side objectives": certain jumppads can be disabled for a while by destroying generators that power them.

[Image: 453zmmvibmuk3zc83tv_thumb.jpg]

Looks like you're using a Xonotic logo candidate that didn't make it. You should replace the texture so as not to confuse anyone.

@Grasshopper: that looks very good. technically, you could take that and the overlay a futuaristic theme over it, like a regular town that got invaded by an alien force, while futuristic troops defend it. so among the basic buildings, have some futuristic road blocks, bunkers, explosion marks, etc.

that would be awesome, but as always, i trust you to realize your own true vision.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

(03-23-2010, 06:32 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Looks like you're using a Xonotic logo candidate that didn't make it. You should replace the texture so as not to confuse anyone.

The whole map is still under work, so that might change. But iirc this logo idea wasn't scrapped totally, it's said it'll be used for item models, banners etc...

Oh this topic is everytime and everywhere cool Big Grin

i'm working on this map at the moment .... it was a sort of tribute to Farewell one of the mine prefered map for Nexuiz

http://www.iouppo.com/life/pic1/9ec062de...ade8e4.jpg

(03-24-2010, 02:13 PM)BARTUC Wrote: Oh this topic is everytime and everywhere cool Big Grin

i'm working on this map at the moment .... it was a sort of tribute to Farewell one of the mine prefered map for Nexuiz

Farewell was one of the most fun, yet crappy looking maps on Nexuiz. I noticed you have a Nexuiz logo on it, that's probably not going to work.... Fix that and use high-res textures, and please please please do something about the way there is an idiotic invisible celing! Either make a roof or expand the skybox, either way I don't care lol. But.... I've always wondered what it would look like if there was lava around it and the bricks were darker Big Grin I'd really like to see that map finished up the way it should have been. Also check out these vids, these jumps need to all still exist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkHmLzJR6KU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBPXjXWBUjE

Although on second glance this looks like you said, a tribute, and not a remake.... got a vid or more screens? Possibly you might start with the original Farewell and remake it similar to what you have now. There are a lot of remakes going on.
[+] MaKR [smooth+o]

(03-24-2010, 06:30 AM)C.Brutail Wrote:
(03-23-2010, 06:32 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Looks like you're using a Xonotic logo candidate that didn't make it. You should replace the texture so as not to confuse anyone.

The whole map is still under work, so that might change. But iirc this logo idea wasn't scrapped totally, it's said it'll be used for item models, banners etc...

iirc that was yours idea, you wrote it next to your vote

I agree with Roanoke, it didn't won so lets not use it

Whats the problem with that logo? It might not be the official Xonotic logo but does that mean its bad? I do not think it will hurt the overall design if there is a diversity of logo as long as only the official logo is used to refer to the game. Why not use the effort that went into all those logo candidates and use them in small spots?
Real signature is still in production!

(03-26-2010, 02:46 AM)esteel Wrote: Whats the problem with that logo? It might not be the official Xonotic logo but does that mean its bad? I do not think it will hurt the overall design if there is a diversity of logo as long as only the official logo is used to refer to the game. Why not use the effort that went into all those logo candidates and use them in small spots?
Quote, i dont think about Xonotic player will hurt for a simple nexuiz logo on a map ... btw i can change but that map was made in a pre-xonotic period.

(03-26-2010, 03:00 AM)BARTUC Wrote:
(03-26-2010, 02:46 AM)esteel Wrote: Whats the problem with that logo? It might not be the official Xonotic logo but does that mean its bad? I do not think it will hurt the overall design if there is a diversity of logo as long as only the official logo is used to refer to the game. Why not use the effort that went into all those logo candidates and use them in small spots?
Quote, i dont think about Xonotic player will hurt for a simple nexuiz logo on a map ... btw i can change but that map was made in a pre-xonotic period.

Esteel meant C.Brutail's bird logo, one of the possible candidates for the Xonotic logo that didn't make it. Regarding the Nexuiz logo on your map, it seems best if we don't mix that one with Xonotic in any way.

(03-24-2010, 02:13 PM)BARTUC Wrote: Oh this topic is everytime and everywhere cool Big Grin

Just look at the MH and tell me what you think Big Grin

Hey i thought i make some kind of banner, maybe for signatures or so.
"Beta" :
[Image: 85a7hm4ld47ae4x0ii3.jpg]

Good idea Mirio but the font doesn't look that good nor does the quality.

I did this fast in some minutes Tongue
I don't know what kind of colors - suggestions?

(03-26-2010, 06:44 AM)Mirio Wrote: I did this fast in some minutes Tongue
I don't know what kind of colors - suggestions?

Well, normally you have to use the colors from the official logo.

Looks very nice guys. Keep up the good work. Wish I could learn to make something like that.. sigh Sad
Xonotic Assasins!

Quote:<tChr^nsb> home
* pughar gives tChr^nsb a cookie
<Liquid-Sin> no cookies for me?
<pughar> gave the last one to him Smile
<Liquid-Sin> my luck...

IMO when you're combining text with a picture of a phoenix it's best to stick with the official Xonotic logo, although colors could be altered to match the theme of the map. For text-only or phoenix-only images if the font/shape is different then who cares as long as it flows with the map? The red phoenix on the floor by c.brutail looks nice. Anyone have a version of the logo that preserves the layers so it could be opened in Photoshop or Gimp? If not could someone release an image of the phoenix, phoenix with the "O" around it, and the text Xonotic without the phoenix? From there any mapper could HSV adjust it to go into any map nicely. Another good idea would be to include multiple approved logos (both text, image, and text/image) in the default textures. Since the logos would be additive there should also be a good file naming convention in place. The last thing I have to add is the phoenix in the official logo without the text has too small of a wingspan to be used by itself, so we might consider using a separate new image like what c.brutail has.
[+] MaKR [smooth+o]

There's definitely a source for the logo, a vector one at that. We should ask dokujisan for it.

..Love the looks of that C.Brutail. Morphed's models really are nice.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,047 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 152,760 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe