Xonotic Forums
Screenshots of what you're doing. - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Editing and Concept Art (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Screenshots of what you're doing. (/showthread.php?tid=69)

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Cortez666 - 05-13-2011

(05-12-2011, 06:18 PM)nowego4 Wrote: I think I will try putting it on an asteroid...

Exitium: I don't think it's done yet, but when it is I wouldn't mind the publicity Wink

if you could the logo and the writings a texture, i could you some better looking environment in the Radiant

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - CuBe0wL - 05-20-2011

Time to get back to this map...:

[Image: r9x3gyu2pcglu8lkux2_thumb.jpg] [Image: 3inpdbglxandga411peg_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 9st9flwgcurmo63289wz_thumb.jpg] [Image: hby092xffhpkg9yv6fj_thumb.jpg]
[Image: k8lmgrssz8uxxezwcfdg_thumb.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - noobermin - 05-20-2011

*.*
*.*
*.*

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - theShadow - 05-20-2011

DOUBLE RAINBOW!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - kuniu the frogg - 05-21-2011

[Image: k4am9yx0e3z4jpup2t_thumb.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Fisume - 05-22-2011

Looks sick kuniu. Keep that up

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - anark10n - 05-26-2011

A shotgun replacement i've been working on. weighs in at 4385 polygons

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Sir Emeth Mimetes - 05-26-2011

Hm. Now that actually looks like a Xonotic shotgun. Brilliant from every angle!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - kuniu the frogg - 05-26-2011

yes, it's really cool, except one thing. Most of those long thin elements are too thin in my opinion. It looks fragile. But generally, neat model.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Lee_Stricklin - 05-26-2011

Woah! That thing looks freaking cool, definitely a worthy replacement. One of the more interesting weapons I've seen developed for ANY game and that's saying a lot. I don't know what I find most interesting about the look of it, the minimalist stripped-down appearance looks really cool and the magazine placement is interesting (located in the back of the weapon) as well and reflects the typical accuracy of the shotguns found in Nexuiz and Xonotic.

(05-26-2011, 05:03 AM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: yes, it's really cool, except one thing. Most of those long thin elements are too thin in my opinion. It looks fragile. But generally, neat model.

I'm pretty sure it won't look so fragile in-game, especially when it's textured.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - MirceaKitsune - 05-26-2011

I like! Though I totally think that looks best for the UZI instead of Shotgun.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Lord Canistra - 05-26-2011

Looks neat, but it probably can find better use as some other weapon's model. Shotgun should look more heavy and sturdy IMO, but this one for some reason resembles minigun.
Can we have a one hand-held minigun here?~

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - CuBe0wL - 05-26-2011

I fully agree with others here, looks more like a MG, but still freaking awesome!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Sepelio - 05-26-2011

Looks very complex. Reminds me of one of those gel guns you would use for applying sealant. I agree with Canistra's comment about it otherwise.
[Image: skeleton-gun-832-p%5Bekm%5D226x115%5Bekm%5D.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - nowego4 - 05-26-2011

@Sepelio: I WAS THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING!

FYI, it's called a caulk gun (at least in america). I don't think we want to be giving that impression to people. If it's not a caulk gun, then it brings to mind a slingshot or maybe one of nerf gun's dart launchers.

And we already have (at least) two models available for the MG.

But 'A' for effort!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Halogene - 05-26-2011

I like it.

thanks for the comments and crits. i'll look into making the barrels wider to get the chunky feel, although, going by real-word shotguns, the barrels are never as large as those you find on the current xonotic shotgun.

i intended it as a shotgun, but i'm not hung up on what it's used as. i can understand where you might think it's in an MG, but i tried to keep the three barrels as in the current shotgun model, and for the possibility of a secondary fire mode (all three shells at once). i'm working on a model for a minigun in between texturing this one (utterly terrible at it, but i'll get there).

Quote:Reminds me of one of those gel guns you would use for applying sealant.

Guess where my inspiration came from... Tongue

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - theShadow - 05-26-2011

i would go about making the whole thing a bit bulkier, as it does look very fragile, but other than that, it looks awesome.

could you maybe render it with a bit less light? the low contrast makes it hard to see details.

Okay, i bulked up the barrels a bit, don't know whether it's noticeable.

@theShadow,
sorry if the contrast isn't high enough? i'll be posting the blend on blendswap and opengameart, so i guess you can grab it from there to get a closer look at the details.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Rad Ished - 05-26-2011

I like it also.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - rainerzufalldererste - 05-27-2011

awesome model *.*

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - .Danny. - 05-28-2011

nice

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - kojn^ - 05-28-2011

Minigun model would be ace anarki0n looking forward to seeing that! (hopefully minigun model will replace the current mg model!)

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Lord Canistra - 05-28-2011

I've been working on this map for a while, yet didn't have chance to dedicate more time to it due to my studies. It's not much yet, but now I'll have much more time to spend on this. Layout is mostly finished (I'll mirror left part to right later), now off to work on textures and adding more detail. I intend to make it CTF map or some kind of arena.

[Image: lcupright.th.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - .Danny. - 05-28-2011

nice if only i could understand what it is i'm looking at