Xonotic Forums
Screenshots of what you're doing. - Printable Version

+- Xonotic Forums (https://forums.xonotic.org)
+-- Forum: Creating & Contributing (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Xonotic - Editing and Concept Art (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Screenshots of what you're doing. (/showthread.php?tid=69)

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - -z- - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 06:30 PM)Justin Wrote: Mabye that would be overkill?

I don't think that's overkill at all, I really appreciate when you add those details to you maps.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - aa - 04-05-2015

Awesome looking!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - poVoq - 04-05-2015

Jep, great work so far Justin!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Justin - 04-11-2015

Thank you, PoVoq, aa, -z-. Here is another sample. Did you guys know that you have to maximize one netradiant viewport, hide detail brushes, enteties and point camera to the corner of your map to greatly reduce compilation time!? Its about 2 or 3 times faster! This is freak'n ridiculous.

[Image: funny1.jpg]

FPS is approx above 200
Now there is a question about the simplicity of the models. I made several and intend to duplicate them all over the map. The variety might be achieved with vegetation, but it won't look as cool as more models.... More models mean worse performance and bigger map's size though. Damn it. Any ideas?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Pendulla - 04-12-2015

What's the deal with :don't update to 0.8.0 now!?

Map looks freaking awesome BTW.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - MirceaKitsune - 04-12-2015

Absolutely awesome map Justin! Finally something in a different style than the usual Xonotic map. Hope this even becomes an official map Big Grin

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - aa - 04-12-2015

(04-11-2015, 06:31 PM)Justin Wrote: Thank you, PoVoq, aa, -z-. Here is another sample. Did you guys know that you have to maximize one netradiant viewport, hide detail brushes, enteties and point camera to the corner of your map to greatly reduce compilation time!? Its about 2 or 3 times faster! This is freak'n ridiculous.

Btw would hiding everything at all will be even faster?

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - SpiKe - 04-12-2015

Wow, nice samples, I'm looking forward to play it!
It looks quite different than the usual CTF maps, keep it up!

(also, you should update to 0.8 Big Grin )

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - machine! - 04-17-2015

Very nice visual design and the rocks are really realistic, good job Justin! Looking forward to play it aswell.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Justin - 04-19-2015

Damn. Im proud of this bloody-rag with Xonotic logo on. Tongue
There will be delays in the map relese for Im busy with University. I am doing what I can, stay tuned.

[Image: preview-clouds-1.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - aa - 04-20-2015

Its JIT! Absolutely JIT!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Cortez666 - 04-20-2015

(04-11-2015, 06:31 PM)Justin Wrote: FPS is approx above 200
says nothing.

(04-11-2015, 06:31 PM)Justin Wrote: Now there is a question about the simplicity of the models. I made several and intend to duplicate them all over the map. The variety might be achieved with vegetation, but it won't look as cool as more models.... More models mean worse performance and bigger map's size though. Any ideas?

Well, give me something to test and i can give you an answer.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Mario - 04-30-2015

Been messing around with a couple of not-really-Xonotic-related things during the late nights...

[Image: xonotic20150430042307-00_small.jpg]

[Image: xonotic20150428144348-00_small.jpg]

[Image: xonotic20150419161203-00_small.jpg]

[Image: xonotic20150430222545-00_small.jpg]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - BuddyFriendGuy - 04-30-2015

It cracked me up yesterday when I saw 6 people on the server but only two bots were fighting. -z- also thought we were just hanging out watching bots fight, whilst in fact we were in a hidden menu playing these little games. Perfect Easter egg!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Justin - 05-01-2015

You are right Cortez, good fps doesn't mean a lot as different hardware will perform differently. What I meant to say: I make models and brushwork as efficient as possible (there are actually 1000 brushes overall in the whole map - counting caulks, triggers and clips)

I will try to give you something to play with as soon as possible. Right now I am figuring out the best layout for middle and trying to connect the map (its not going to be perfect symmetry). This is the most fun and the biggest overall project I have been working on and I want to polish the layout as much as possible before I relese it.

[Image: biggest-proj.jpg]

I am having very important exams at university and other school. Soon (1 week I will have much more time to spend on designing)

[Image: rocks-cocept22.jpg]

Currently map is few textures only and.... eh.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - SPLAT - 05-01-2015

Damn Justin you're a beast.

I hope your signed up for the duel mapping contest Tongue

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - MirceaKitsune - 05-01-2015

(04-30-2015, 08:20 AM)Mario Wrote:

This one gives me an idea: Perhaps such a minigame could be turned into a mutator, and tied to the normal gameplay? Like for instance, you have to win such a minigame to unlock a node in Onslaught, or to secure / unsecure your flag in CTF. Some players could then act as hackers (battle in such mini-games) while others handled combat and other in-world stuff. Weird, but sounds like it might be fun for a mutator Smile

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Lee_Stricklin - 05-06-2015

(05-01-2015, 07:10 PM)MirceaKitsune Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 08:20 AM)Mario Wrote:

This one gives me an idea: Perhaps such a minigame could be turned into a mutator, and tied to the normal gameplay? Like for instance, you have to win such a minigame to unlock a node in Onslaught, or to secure / unsecure your flag in CTF. Some players could then act as hackers (battle in such mini-games) while others handled combat and other in-world stuff. Weird, but sounds like it might be fun for a mutator Smile
That would be awesome for onslaught indeed

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - TimePath - 05-25-2015

Unnamed map:

[Image: xonotic20150525225837-00.jpg]

[Image: xonotic20150525231320-00.jpg]

More shots: https://goo.gl/j5zVuQ

The warpzones are only there because I didn't want to mirror the map myself Tongue

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Z(Rus) - 08-07-2015

[Image: xN3PjdEA.png]

[Image: xN3PjdEB.png]

[Image: xN3PjdEC.png]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Z(Rus) - 08-07-2015

[Image: iaKRE8KN.png]

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - Lee_Stricklin - 08-07-2015

Big Grin

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - machine! - 08-07-2015

That's pretty cool =o nice work!

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - end user - 08-14-2015

Nothing spectacular just slowly making maps for my upcoming vehicle server which I use to run under the Mofo tag. Lots of franken mappoing as I don't have the skills or 20 hours per day to make maps.

RE: Screenshots of what you're doing. - SpiKe - 08-15-2015

[Image: mjintZth.jpg]

I recently played Metro 2033, and started to read the book ^^
I'm trying to make a CTF map that looks like a metro station, but I'm still not sure about the map layout Undecided