Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Multiple Announcers for Xonotic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I think it would be neat if there were an option in the game menu to choose between different announcers (which could be created as add-on .pk3 files as well, so after the game is officially released, users can create their own announcer packs). It's a fairly small touch, but that's what I like most about open source software--all the little things that you can tweak to make it that much cooler for your tastes.

I think the current announcer is fine, but I seriously do know some people that are pretty particular about their game announcers sounding a certain way Tongue

Some want a female announcer voice, others want a deep and boomy male voice, others want a robotic voice, etc.

Any chance something like this could make it to the game?
+1 for this. I would love to have my sexy female announcer.
Code for this already exists. Get some voice actors to do some work and it's good to go, adding a menu option shouldn't be too difficult
(12-19-2010, 03:12 AM)FruitieX Wrote: [ -> ]Code for this already exists. Get some voice actors to do some work and it's good to go, adding a menu option shouldn't be too difficult

Who did the voice for around ~2.0 Nexuiz? Smile
"Hello everyone, Antibody here. Welcome in Xonotic"
Can do a "Teen nerd" voice, and possibly many others.
(12-19-2010, 09:04 AM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: [ -> ]"Hello everyone, Antibody here. Welcome in Xonotic"

That would be kind of unique, if not even AWESOME if we'd have recordings of well-known forum members/active players saying hi or something when you fire up the game. I like this idea.

Doesn't need to be all announcements, only the welcome message.
It would be nice to have some more trash-talk between the characters. Have somebody spit out a few cheesy lines such as: "Hahahaha!!! lead makes you dead!!!" or even "BOOM! Headshot!", or something stupid like "I aint cleanin' that up!" after taking an opponent down. I would try a few lines, if my voice wasn't so embarrassing.
Halogene Wrote:That would be kind of unique, if not even AWESOME if we'd have recordings of well-known forum members/active players saying hi or something when you fire up the game. I like this idea.
^
Great idea! And if it was as simple as making a pk3, I might even be inclined to make a Trent from Punchy sound pack Big Grin
I just got a new mike, might try this.
Ok, hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by resurrecting a two-week-old thread, but I've been busy up until now and didn't have time to check back up on it.

(12-19-2010, 03:12 AM)FruitieX Wrote: [ -> ]Code for this already exists. Get some voice actors to do some work and it's good to go, adding a menu option shouldn't be too difficult

Cool! Didn't know it would be quite that easy Smile

I like the voice ideas you guys came up with, too, but the real question is: what lines need to be recorded? If we have a solid list to work with, coming up with usable voice banks would be a snap.

Here's what I discovered just from looking at the sounds from the Xonotic '/sound/announcer/default' directory. If for some reason other lines are hidden elsewhere, please make mention of it so we can have a complete list.

Sound Event//Current Announcer Actual//Filename
~3 Kills in a row (Triple Kill) [03kills.ogg]
~5 Kills in a row (Rage) [05kills.ogg]
~10 Kills in a row (Massacre) [10kills.ogg]
~15 Kills in a row (Mayhem) [15kills.ogg]
~20 Kills in a row (Berserker) [20kills.ogg]
~25 Kills in a row (Carnage) [25kills.ogg]
~30 Kills in a row (Armageddon) [30kills.ogg]
~1 Kill to win (1 Frag Left) [1fragleft.ogg]
~2 Kills to win (2 Frags Left) [2fragsleft.ogg]
~3 Kills to win (3 Frags Left) [3fragsleft.ogg]
~1 Minute left in the game (1 Minute Remains) [1minuteremains.ogg]
~5 Minutes left in the game (5 Minutes Remain) [5minutesremain.ogg]
~Air shot (Air shot) [airshot.ogg]
~Amazing (Amazing) [amazing.ogg]
~Awesome (Awesome) [awesome.ogg]
~Begin game (Begin) [begin.ogg]
~Begin game 2 (Prepare for battle) [prepareforbattle.ogg]
~Blue team takes the lead (Blue team takes the lead) [blueteamtakeslead.ogg]
~Red team takes the lead (Red team takes the lead) [redteamtakeslead.ogg]
~Bot-like (Bot-like) [botlike.ogg]
~Electro-bitch (Awesome) [electrobitch.ogg]
~Headshot (Headshot) [headshot.ogg]
~Impressive (Impressive) [impressive.ogg]
~Last-second save (Last-second save) [lastsecond.ogg]
~Last-second save 2 (Narrowly averted) [narrowly.ogg]
~Lead gained (You have gained the lead) [leadgained.ogg]
~Lead lost (You have lost the lead) [leadlost.ogg]
~Lead tied (Tied for leader) [leadtied.ogg]
~Terminated (Terminated) [terminated.ogg]
~Time out (Time out called) [timeoutcalled.ogg]
~Vote accepted (Vote Succeeded) [voteaccept.wav]
~Vote called (Vote now) [votecall.wav]
~Vote rejected (Vote failed) [votefail.wav]
~Yoda (Amazing) [yoda.ogg]
~10 (Countdown) [10.ogg]
~9 (Countdown) [9.ogg]
~8 (Countdown) [8.ogg]
~7 (Countdown) [7.ogg]
~6 (Countdown) [6.ogg]
~5 (Countdown) [5.ogg]
~4 (Countdown) [4.ogg]
~3 (Countdown) [3.ogg]
~2 (Countdown) [2.ogg]
~1 (Countdown) [1.ogg]

From there is where I'm uncertain. We put the custom recordings into another sub-folder of 'announcer', obviously, but then what?
(01-08-2011, 04:10 PM)LukeLC Wrote: [ -> ]From there is where I'm uncertain. We put the custom recordings into another sub-folder of 'announcer', obviously, but then what?

IIRC set cl_announcer to the name of the new folder, e.g. for announcer/robotic :
Code:
cl_announcer robotic
to switch to that announcer.
(01-08-2011, 05:21 PM)BurningPi Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2011, 04:10 PM)LukeLC Wrote: [ -> ]From there is where I'm uncertain. We put the custom recordings into another sub-folder of 'announcer', obviously, but then what?

IIRC set cl_announcer to the name of the new folder, e.g. for announcer/robotic :
Code:
cl_announcer robotic
to switch to that announcer.

Ah, interesting! Thanks! I'm going to give that a try Smile

EDIT: Yep, that command worked like a charm! Big Grin

Looks like we just need some good sound banks and a place in the menu for the announcer, then!
Is there a video tutorial on this? I want to make a Halo announcer for me and my friends, I'm new to modding Xonotic (somewhat) and would like a video to explain it better. Thanks in advance!
(12-22-2018, 06:56 AM)Lyberta Wrote: [ -> ]Uhh, just chop the audio files and put those with correct names?

Is it possible to make a 06kills.ogg file? so when I get 6 kills in a row it says something? or can it only be those specific ones?
You can't extend the killing spree announcer, without some changes to the source code.
Honestly before adding more Announcers i'd prefer more Voice-Taunts like in classic UT. Big Grin