Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Server System Requirements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetinx and hello.

To make it short:
I'm thinking about hosting a dedicated server and need to know which system requirements are set to run one.

Or to make it simple for me - my server would be:
Intel Celeron, 1.2GhZ and 2 gigs of RAM (enough diskpace, bandwidth and blupp).
Most likely to host 12 slots (players)

What I'm simply not sure about is the processor.

Thx in advance
-Sless-
One of my Xonotic servers used to run on an Athlon @ 1ghz. It would start stuttering with 5+ people... so you might want to look into a faster processor. Or just set the player limit lower. Or overclock the celeron, that'd be my choice Wink
Hrm.

I thought about renting a server. Overclocking the CPU could be "not so welcome" Wink .

Looks like i need to search again. Moar.

Or steal Internetz from kitten @home.
=)
Well, worth a shot don't you think Tongue
(05-11-2011, 07:11 AM)Sless Wrote: [ -> ]I thought about renting a server. Overclocking the CPU could be "not so welcome" Wink .

Looks like i need to search again. Moar.

Or steal Internetz from kitten @home.
=)

I host mine from home. If you've got a spare machine and a decent connection, there's no reason not to IMO.
(05-11-2011, 08:40 AM)FruitieX Wrote: [ -> ]Well, worth a shot don't you think Tongue

That just figures =)

(05-12-2011, 01:28 AM)JayWalker Wrote: [ -> ]I host mine from home. If you've got a spare machine and a decent connection, there's no reason not to IMO.

A more or less good idea. I could steal internetz from my parents (who arent really online-active). Putting there my old 3500+ . Hrm. [Image: denk.gif]
Sorry about this bump, but it seems appropriate.

Are there any real benchmarks for Xonotic servers? I too am thinking of setting up a dedicated VPS for Xonotic but I don't know its requirements. Reading the above is making me think twice about it though.
Not that I'm aware of. How would one go about benchmarking a Xonotic server...