Xonotic Forums

Full Version: MacOs starting fail!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello!

My friend is trying to run a dedicated server of Xonotic in MacOs, he download the game with rsync I think (or was torrents? can't remember). I do the configuration file (server.cfg) and move it to the data/ folder, when he try to run the xonotic-osx-dedicated software he got this error:

Code:
Last login: Sun Nov 20 19:51:39 on ttys000
/Users/username/Desktop/Stuff/Xonotic/xonotic-osx-dedicated ; exit;
username:~ username$ /Users/username/Desktop/Stuff/Xonotic/xonotic-osx-dedicated ; exit;
Game is Xonotic using base gamedir data
Xonotic Mac OS X 01:02:10 Sep 6 2011 - release
Skeletal animation uses SSE code path
couldn't exec quake.rc
couldn't exec default.cfg
execing config.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
SpawnServer: no map file named maps/start.bsp

I test my configuration file in GNU/Linux and everything was OK, even, I can connect to my server in my laptop. so, idk how to help him to fix this issues.

Best regards from Centroamerica!
Seems like all the data is missing.
He should use server_mac.sh to launch his server. (That file may be in the server/ subdirectory)

That's what happens when you don't read the documentation Tongue
See server/readme.txt
(11-22-2011, 02:13 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like all the data is missing.
He should use server_mac.sh to launch his server. (That file may be in the server/ subdirectory)

That's what happens when you don't read the documentation Tongue
See server/readme.txt

thanks, It's works!!

btw, Why you have a picture of RMS with Linus Torvalds like signature of something what Bill gates said?
To troll you! Plus, Bill Gates never actually said that.