Xonotic Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Need Help With Amazon t1.micro instance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got the instance running and everything, connected to it, downloaded xonotic, moved the files into their proper places and tried to run server. Says listening on 0.0.0.0.0:2600 (i may have added or left out additional zeroes in the ip). On my computer I checked server list and didn't find my server Sad Being clueless I also tried making an elastic ip associated to my instance and used that in my server.cfg but when I run it, it says it can't open socket on that ip:26000. So then I figured it must be b/c my port not open so I check security group, but port 26000 tcp/udp is already open in the default group.

Suggestions?

Oh I forgot to mention, I'm using debian_amd64_beta2 ami
Probably using IPv4, 0.0.0.0:26000.

Did you make your server public sv_public 1. You can also connect to it directly connect IP:port, replace IP and port with the values from your Amazon instance.
(03-25-2012, 04:40 AM)Spaceman Wrote: [ -> ]Probably using IPv4, 0.0.0.0:26000.

Did you make your server public sv_public 1. You can also connect to it directly connect IP:port, replace IP and port with the values from your Amazon instance.

Yes, I made sure it was public.

Here is what my security group looks like:

[Image: tZDUzaw]

Here is what my server.cfg looks like: http://pastebin.com/3PhmYsJ6

Still doesn't show up in server list Sad
Outcomment the net_adress thing.
Setting it to 0.0.0.0 wont connect the server to your local ip-rage ;-)
(03-26-2012, 05:14 AM)Sless Wrote: [ -> ]Outcomment the net_adress thing.
Setting it to 0.0.0.0 wont connect the server to your local ip-rage ;-)
omg it worked:

[Image: tZDV5eQ]

thank you so much
[Image: epic_win.png]

now i gotta figure out how to see how much of i've used of my monthly limit

PS - Lots of players on US Servers now Big Grin (Time of ss was 11:14pm)
You're welcome.
And happy fraggin' Wink