Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Xonotic new font
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Screenshots:

[Image: 03.jpg]

[Image: 01-1.jpg]

[Image: 02.jpg]

[Image: 04.jpg]

Url removed of possible copyright infringement

Just put "font-zero.pk3" into your Data folder of Xonotic, if you dont like it just delete it and you got your old font back Big Grin
looks blurry

dunno if its intended that way
Does it have öüóőúéáűí ? Tongue
It's good for large labels but not the smaller bits because its hard to read.
(06-06-2012, 03:30 PM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: [ -> ]It's good for large labels but not the smaller bits because its hard to read.

I agree. Looks great for large text though!
prefer the old font simply because with this font and closed spacing between letters would, in my opinon, obscure things. Hey but as long as people can swap between I have no qualms with that.
That is Microgramma D Bold Extended, by URW.
http://new.fonts.com/font/urw/microgramm...extended-d

I would like to ask you not to distribute this font as "xolonium.otf", because it isn't.
More importantly, you cannot just include a license notice with my name in it, implying that I released it under the GPL.

Please remove this package and share one under your own name, with correctly named files.
Also, I don't suggest to rename the file to xolonium, just to have the font used ingame. Iirc there's a cvar for that, you can use any fonts by changing that.
Which font files are loaded is specified in .cfg files (loadfont command).

You can either include a modified data/quake.rc file which loads your own cfg file.
Though I'm not sure if that's recommended.

i.e.
Code:
- exec font-xolonium.cfg
+ exec YOURFONTCONFIG.cfg

Or it would be acceptable if you include a modified version of data/font-xolonium.cfg,
where you can replace the xolonium.otf font file with your own.

i.e.
Code:
- loadfont notify fonts/xolonium.otf,fonts/unifont-5.1.20080907,gfx/vera-sans $con_notifysize
+ loadfont notify fonts/YOURFONT,fonts/unifont-5.1.20080907,gfx/vera-sans $con_notifysize

You also shouldn't overwrite the unifont, because this is a fallback font that is used when characters are not included in your custom font.
Where do I download this font, is it free?
(06-09-2012, 09:14 AM)K__ Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I download this font, is it free?

Download url has been removed due to possible copyright infringement
ZeRoQL can you please pm the link? :-) btw is this the config you using? --> http://88.198.17.137/_files/Config%27s/VOD/ ?
F U MODERATOR!

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
I sometimes use that VOD config. It's great, but I had to edit quite a few things in the config to get it looking how I wanted it to look.
It's nice! :-)

btw VoD= Video on Demand?
nice font regarding above post.

2nd unrelated note: in regards to xonotic: when playing I was actually thinking considering the issue of pronunciation which is zoh-no-tik that if someone could post up an example of how the logo would look with a "Z" instead of the "X"?

I'm not proposing a change of the logo at all for the forum but I'm just personally curious as to what this would look like. I have no skills regarding this so if someone could do this and post the image it would be very much appreciated by me.
Quote:zoh-no-tik
Huh? 'kso-no-tik' I'd rather say ;-).
(07-09-2012, 12:43 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:zoh-no-tik
Huh? 'kso-no-tik' I'd rather say ;-).

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=3174

EDIT: Oh, you've seen this already.
Yeah, been there, done that. I guess I need to play the game more instead of sitting all the time on the forum and derailing threads posting comments :-). Maybe I'll manage to get my xonstats to a reasonable level while I'm at it... :-)
Yo, how can I change the font in Nexuiz? I put a font.pk3 package into the data directory of Nexuiz, but it didn't do anything...
As far as I know the font in Nexuiz works just like the "extra" symbol font works in Xonotic, it's basically stored in a image.