Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Need Help my map won't run :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the subject says it all, i made a small map and compiled it every thing went smoothly no errors or leaks so i was stoked that it went without error on the first run of the compiler. Well anyways after that i went and started xonotic and was greeted with a message telling me that a mapinfo was autogenerated for me, so i thought cool beans but went i typed the following:

Load dm-castle.map

it said that the map was loaded but it could not be opened for some reason.

so if anyone could help shed some light on this i would be appreciate it.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
The command you're looking for is "map" and it works with the bsp filename. The engine doesn't care about .map files, those are the source. The .bsp is the compiled .map that the engine reads.

If you map was mymap.map and you compiled it, it generates mymap.bsp, loaded as such:

map mymap

What you say autogenerated was a .mapinfo file based on that .bsp because the game saw a .bsp that existed without a .mapinfo. This file can be found in ~/.xonotic/data/data/maps/autogenerated/.
Thank you so much -z, it now works great Smile.

this is a lot different than the UT2004 Editor I am used to, but at the same time it is easier to implement different things such as game types and stairs. transparency is a bit tricky but i will figure it out as i go.

well back to my experimenting.

Kamakazi
No problem Kamakazi, glad I was able to help.

Also, nice to hear you're finding NetRadiant welcoming.

The wiki can be a good resource, but not all pages are made equal. If you have any further questions, the forums (here) or #xonotic.editing are good resources.

Best of luck and share what you create with the forums Smile
you betcha Wink, right now i am working on a possible port of one of my old UT1999 maps for CTF i did back in 2003. just got to find an export script for blender to md2/3 file format so i can bring over my meshes. Big Grin

have a great day, i know i will.

Kamakazi
(03-29-2016, 09:42 PM)Kamakazi Wrote: [ -> ][...] just got to find an export script for blender to md2/3 file format so i can bring over my meshes.

I'd suggest not to use md3, its too limiting, but rather obj. Blender natively imports and exports obj models, the same for NetRadiant and Xonotic.
(03-30-2016, 12:57 PM)Maddin Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-29-2016, 09:42 PM)Kamakazi Wrote: [ -> ][...] just got to find an export script for blender to md2/3 file format so i can bring over my meshes.

I'd suggest not to use md3, its too limiting, but rather obj. Blender natively imports and exports obj models, the same for NetRadiant and Xonotic.

thanks for the tip maddin Smile, I always thought you had to use md2 or 3 files good to know i just use obj instead.

you guys rock and again thanks to all for the help, once i get better with the editor i will release some make a map for testing but right now i am just trying to learn all i can about this tool set and it is challenging to say the least plus i have been under the weather for a couple of days so i have been sleeping a lot.

Kamakazi
You might also look at the Importing models thread by Justin, specifically this (since you are using Blender): http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php...1#pid70591