Xonotic Forums

Full Version: binding to tab / capslock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having trouble with my current weapons configuration, and really need an extra key for the shotgun and electro. I would like to bind them to capslock and tab respectively, but the settings menu won't let me.

Is there an in-game way to do this, or do u just have to use some sort of key-remapping software?
Use the console;

bind CAPSLOCK "weapon_shotgun"
bind TAB "weapon_electro"
Menu intentionally doesn't allow to bind CAPSLOCK and NUMLOCK as they change keyboard state, but you are free to manually bind them in the console as suggested by Mario. Btw support for CAPSLOCK, NUMLOCK and SCROLLLOCK for the GLX executable (linux) was only added in the 0.8.0 release, saying just in case somebody is still convinced they can't be used.

Regarding TAB, are you sure you can't bind it in the menu? You should be able to do it. Are you running the game under linux?
(07-28-2016, 01:50 AM)Mario Wrote: [ -> ]Use the console;

bind CAPSLOCK "weapon_shotgun"
bind TAB "weapon_electro"

Dang it! I specifically asked in here because I felt guilty for constantly asking you questions! Tongue

Thanks again!

terencehill Wrote:Menu intentionally doesn't allow to bind CAPSLOCK and NUMLOCK as they change keyboard state, but you are free to manually bind them in the console as suggested by Mario. Btw support for CAPSLOCK, NUMLOCK and SCROLLLOCK for the GLX executable (linux) was only added in the 0.8.0 release, saying just in case somebody is still convinced they can't be used.

Regarding TAB, are you sure you can't bind it in the menu? You should be able to do it. Are you running the game under linux?

Well, I've had problems with accidently typing in caps even before this, so I don't mind too much if it messes with the state of the keyboard. Its too bad there isn't a way to disable the capslock function temporarily. (btw, I'm running the game on windows 7)

Thanks for the help!