Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Bots spaz out at teleporter / warpzone on the ceiling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a warpzone on the ceiling and a few bots spawned to test things out.
Currently they want to huddle and twirl at the autogenerated (yellow) waypoints instead of going off somewhere else because I assume they'd like to go through the warpzone (a similar thing happens on the map Hyperspace).

I tried covering the warpzone entirely with AI do not enter. But they seem to insist attempting to go through. I don't exactly want to block off the entire room because the Mega spawns there (and there's a spawnpoint on it).

I figure this could be resolved if I could delete the yellow waypoints, but navwaypoint_remove doesn't seem to do the trick.

Are there other options to make them stop idling there besides specifying the spawnpoint as player only and blocking off the entire room as donotenter for the bots?
Bots are occasionally a bit buggy when it comes to teleports and warpzones. A fix is being worked on.
No bug there, I think it's due to warpzone waypoints being the only waypoints in the map.

Try to add a few normal waypoints
(08-29-2017, 03:22 PM)terencehill Wrote: [ -> ]No bug there, I think it's due to warpzone waypoints being the only waypoints in the map.

That's a map I made.
I placed bot waypoints on all accessible areas (screenshot being one of the sessions of doing just that). What just happens is they all eventually congregate at the warpzone. Once they come in the room, they will never leave. At best they march between the waypoint at the hallway and back, regardless of everywhere else waypointed for them.
Maybe it's due to lack of items then... however in this case they should wander in random directions, can't say why they gather near the warpzone. Would you share the bsp (zipped please) of your map with me, so I can test it properly?
From the pictures it seems like there are waypoints, but there are no links between most of them (white connecting line). The waypoint in the corridor on the third picture has no link origination from it. Try putting more waypoints there so that there are more links
(08-30-2017, 07:32 AM)terencehill Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it's due to lack of items then... however in this case they should wander in random directions, can't say why they gather near the warpzone. Would you share the bsp (zipped please) of your map with me, so I can test it properly?

I attached the pk3, but you need to remove the .txt extension.
edit: nvm it doesn't reject pk3's.

Freddy Wrote:From the pictures it seems like there are waypoints, but there are no links between most of them (white connecting line). The waypoint in the corridor on the third picture has no link origination from it. Try putting more waypoints there so that there are more links

There are full waypoints, its just with the screenshot its around the corner. When they spawn around the map they'll move, just that they keep going to that specific room.
It's a bug: waypoints generated for horizontal warpzones are not good as they get snapped to the floor, they should stay in the air. I'll see if i can fix this issue
I fixed this issue in my branch, now you'll have to wait until it gets merged into master
Cool, that might fix the similar problem bots have on the map Hyperspace. Thanks.
(09-01-2017, 04:48 PM)Antares* Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, that might fix the similar problem bots have on the map Hyperspace. Thanks.

It does. Warpzones with oblique warp planes (hyperspace case) needed a completely different fix though.