Xonotic Forums

Full Version: so how similar is Xonotic to NEx? I just saw the add in Rex and just downlaoded it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
been playing Rexc for  a year with a friend who'd played it for 10 or more and just saw the nexstats.eu site and downloaded xonotic, nite to see WAY more players on here.
Nex is a bit desolate with very few players but still great fun...!
What's the angle Xonotic's got on Nex? Glad to have found Xonotic!
Welcome to the Xonotic community pal!

So as you probably know, Xonotic is a fork of Nexuiz. I wasn't around back in the Nexuiz days, Although I have played Nexuiz quite a bit and still do play it occasionally. Just see Xonotic as a more polished and balanced version of Nexuiz, with slightly different movement (very similar to cpm), weapon behaviors/models and modes.
If you use autobuilds or compile xon yourself, you can get pretty close to nexuiz gameplay using exec ruleset-nexuiz.cfg. Afaik xon can do everything nex can and the config should be pretty close. There was even an attempt to join forces with the rexuiz developer(s) but they seemed really intent on using the old nexuiz codebase for some reason even though xon has several years of improvements in it.
Never played Nexuiz to be honest. But isn't Rexuiz actually the try tp keep the Nexuiz gameplay? It also has pretty much the same playerbase from what i can tell.
Hi there.
Relative long time RM Nexuiz player here and I have seen the playerbase go down a lot over the years, empty servers etc. People are making the logical move and migrate to Xonotic obviously.
Xonotic can do it all, so no loss there. It is nice that you can find players almost anytime you want to play, and most of them are very skilled and good players. I like it a lot.