Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so how similar is Xonotic to NEx? I just saw the add in Rex and just downlaoded it

been playing Rexc for  a year with a friend who'd played it for 10 or more and just saw the nexstats.eu site and downloaded xonotic, nite to see WAY more players on here.
Nex is a bit desolate with very few players but still great fun...!
What's the angle Xonotic's got on Nex? Glad to have found Xonotic!

Welcome to the Xonotic community pal!

So as you probably know, Xonotic is a fork of Nexuiz. I wasn't around back in the Nexuiz days, Although I have played Nexuiz quite a bit and still do play it occasionally. Just see Xonotic as a more polished and balanced version of Nexuiz, with slightly different movement (very similar to cpm), weapon behaviors/models and modes.
[Image: 8848.png]

If you use autobuilds or compile xon yourself, you can get pretty close to nexuiz gameplay using exec ruleset-nexuiz.cfg. Afaik xon can do everything nex can and the config should be pretty close. There was even an attempt to join forces with the rexuiz developer(s) but they seemed really intent on using the old nexuiz codebase for some reason even though xon has several years of improvements in it.
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

Never played Nexuiz to be honest. But isn't Rexuiz actually the try tp keep the Nexuiz gameplay? It also has pretty much the same playerbase from what i can tell.

Hi there.
Relative long time RM Nexuiz player here and I have seen the playerbase go down a lot over the years, empty servers etc. People are making the logical move and migrate to Xonotic obviously.
Xonotic can do it all, so no loss there. It is nice that you can find players almost anytime you want to play, and most of them are very skilled and good players. I like it a lot.
FAF - FERIS - COPENHAGEN - DENMARK - GNU/Linux  Heart
Homepage: https://feris-xonotic.net

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just an idiot who's owning a clan feeling the desire to introduce himself. [CISN] Neigdoig 1 1,331 07-14-2021, 08:07 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Hi I am new to Xonotic. I just recently discovered the game. RON1997 10 7,495 11-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Last Post: end user
  Hi i just started playing and _exclusive 12 8,037 08-29-2014, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  I might just say Hi then. cvcxc 4 4,141 10-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Last Post: N1mbus
  just another newbie doesn't know what the h i'm doin..... earwax 5 4,488 05-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Last Post: bitbomb
  Just dropped in... Sebaot 10 6,782 11-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Last Post: bitbomb
  Long-Time Nexuiz Player Has Just Discovered This Game tinkerttoy 4 5,299 09-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  Hello, just transferred from Nexuiz Sporkman! 8 8,241 07-20-2011, 02:34 AM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m