Xonotic Forums

Full Version: Can't hear the announcer voice anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason I can't hear anymore the voice that says "impressive" or "triple kill" even if the announcer volume is set to max. If I reset my game data folder, the voice is back, but I'm not sure which setting actually changes this behavior. I've had this issue on both Arch Linux and EndeavourOS, both with the official Arch package and the Flatpak version from Flathub. Another thing is that I don't get the full caps text that says the level of kills I'm at (e.g. "TRIPLE KILL" or "CARNAGE"), instead I get lowercase text saying something along the lines of "series of 3 points" which is strange. I included a screenshot of that (in Italian, but it's self explanatory.)
make sure cl_announcer is set to "default"
(12-31-2023, 07:39 PM)MusicGoat Wrote: [ -> ]make sure cl_announcer is set to "default"

It's already set to default.
Explore the game's configuration files (if accessible) to check for specific settings related to voice lines and announcer sounds.
(01-16-2024, 10:42 AM)erchanging Wrote: [ -> ]Explore the game's configuration files (if accessible) to check for specific settings related to voice lines and announcer sounds.

I found out the problem, I had disabled the automatic insults. Enabling them again solved the issue.