Xonotic Forums

Full Version: What's new in XonStat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Here's what I've done in the past couple of days:

- The top navbar is no longer fixed. It will move along with the page.
- New background image from NASA! It is of the Orion nebula.
- The main content box (xonborder) is more rounded and has decreased opacity for you to see the background
- All tables have increased background opacity for you to see the nicks over the background
- The header is no longer italicized
- Simplified the headers on the Ranks pages
Nice one Antibody. It looks so much better now! The only problem I have is that the top bar doesn't move with the page (I'm on Chrome btw).
(09-16-2012, 07:07 AM)Antibody Wrote: [ -> ]- The top navbar is no longer fixed. It will move along with the page.

This is nice, but sort of broken (the grey background): http://ompldr.org/vZmlteg Wink
@Mirio - Oh, wow. It most certainly does not do that for me. I will check on FF Windows when I go to work tomorrow.
I've just introduced a feature to XonStat that has been in the works for quite a while. It's a way to view your stats filtered by game type. Whereas before you had only overall stats (across all game modes), now you have this:

[Image: games_breakdown.png]

I call it the games breakdown section. Use the buttons on the right to change the filter.

There's a couple of things that are entirely new:

1) In the overall tab you'll be shown your best Elo and rank. Your best Elo is for the game type in which you have the highest Elo score, preliminary or not. I may change this where non-preliminary Elos take precedence. The best rank is for the game type in which you have the lowest rank. I may change this to use the rank with the best percentile instead (e.g. 1 out of 2 is worse than 8 out of 450, percentile-wise).

2) You can now see how many Elo games you have, which wasn't available before. Elo games are games in which you've played more than 50% of the match and stayed through to the end. I wanted to communicate this because there has been some confusion when people would have the required number of total games played, but remained unranked and with preliminary Elo. This was because their number of Elo games was lower than the needed amount!

3) You can now view your cap ratio for ctf. This is the ratio of captures to pickups.

I ran out of time coding last night to do the following, but they will come next:

1) Human-readable and localized time hover for "last played". The absolute UTC value is shown right now.

2) Human-readable playing time with the possibility of adding a weekly play time as well. Nothing is shown right now.

3) Better usage of space for the section.

Be sure to refresh your browser to see this feature in all its glory. I hope you all enjoy it!
(09-26-2012, 07:34 AM)Antibody Wrote: [ -> ]I've just introduced a feature to XonStat that has been in the works for quite a while. It's a way to view your stats filtered by game type.

Hey man, that's awesome. And it looks much better than my first 'proof-of-concept' design, too! Big Grin

So, here are some thoughts:

1) Mirio found some bug where players have more(!) elo games than games actually played; this may be realted to merged accounts.

2) What happened to the playing time? Did you remove it by accident, or will it be there once you optimized the queries?

3) About the vast amounts of space in that section (for me it's even worse since I have a couple of ft, ons, and dom games)... Maybe we could include more data like suicides (yes I want that back! Tongue) for DM, teamkills for TDM, or Pickups/Returns for CTF. What do you think about it? With overall being the default view, the data would normally be hidden to the user until he selects the specific gametype.

4) The font-size for the tabs should be the same like the normal text. Probably the best way would be to increase font-size of the normal stats text and the tabs by 1px to 14px. And I would add a margin between stats and player nick (see below) Smile

5) Gametype icons could be included in the tabs (in some decent way so it looks nice). For the 'overall' gametype, I'd suggest using the Xonotic icon.

[attachment=961]
1) It is due to merges and me deleting games after the fact. I am not sure the best approach here.
2) Already addressed in my initial post. See #2.
3) I could switch to pills along the bottom rather than tabs on the side. I'd limit the number of pills per row.
4) This limits the amount of text available within the span of the box, but could be done. I don't see a problem with the current size. If others feel strongly about it, I can change it.
5) I'd like a way to incorporate the gametype icons. Right now that'd be too much "flash" to have in the tabs.
Updates to the player info page:

I've brought back localized time. You can now hover over the "last seen" date as you could before, only now you can do so for every game type! I've also put the playing time counter back. That was an omission by me when I did the conversion from the old style to the new (whoops). Lastly, you can now see your percentile rank. The "best rank" field is now calculated using this percentile field.

Enjoy!
Awesombody stirkes again! Big Grin
Are you all ready for some more updates? Alrighty then - you've come to the right place! Game type icons are now shown below the games breakdown area. This prevents a lot of ugly whitespace when someone has played a lot of games, plus it is just more intuitive. Here's how it looks:

[Image: 20120929_gt_icons.png]

I hope you all like it.
That's what I'm talking about! Nice one Antibody. Smile
I'm back with some more stuff for you all!

A while back I removed the elo deltas from the scoreboards because I thought they didn't fit. Personal Elo deltas aren't for everyone and shouldn't be on a game-related page; they are by definition an individual thing. I've now moved them to where I think they belong: on the player's info page. Players can now view their up/down/no change info in the "recent games" table down at the bottom of the player info page. Here's what it looks like:

[Image: 20121006_elo_delta_arrow_nohover.png]

To get the actual numeric value you can hover over the arrow like so:

[Image: 20121006_elo_delta_arrow.png]
Excelent.

TY antibody.
Hey everyone! Average ping and the best captimes per player are now available on the game info page. Cap times are obviously CTF-specific. Here's what it looks like:

[Image: 6LZjM.jpg]

There are a good number of changes coming soon. Stay tuned - same bat time, same bat channel!
nais nais Mr. Antibody .... Big Grin

GreetZ Su
Very nice!

Perhaps average packet-loss would be something worth adding too?
Hey, very nice job ! Smile

I noticed those new values on XonStat recently.
Is there a way to look at the global best flag capture times for each map ? (I guess Hot Dog would be the leader :p )

NB : erf, I have the worst ping on your screenshot x)
Global best captimes per map are now available on the map info page.
Very nice ! Big Grin
I will suggest adding some mega timing stats. I'll try to look at the source code and see how xonstats work, I still want to contribute thoughts it's quite hard since i've only studied python in some weeks!
Mega timing stats are not possible within XonStat itself. The enhancement request would be for the Xonotic server code; the POST requests would have to include mega timing information that then gets sent to XonStat. Having this information, XonStat would then parse, store, and display the data on a per-game basis.
Hmm, understand, stupid of me...
I've added some Elo debugging stuff. By passing the query parameter "show_elo" to the game info page the actual Elo change values are shown:

[Image: rht7R.jpg]

Thinking that this may have use beyond just me, I also added links to the game info page using that parameter directly from your player info page. Click on the up/down/neutral arrows to get there (from there you can also see an example game info URL with the parameter set):

[Image: vQIy8.jpg]
The duration of each game is now shown on its game info page. This is only available if the server sends it. Enjoy!
(11-14-2012, 09:23 AM)Antibody Wrote: [ -> ][Image: vQIy8.jpg]

How about having just the value of the elo change (i.e. +3.64) in the tooltip? Showing 'Elo went up/down by' every time seems a bit unnecessary to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16