Xonotic Forums

Full Version: What's new in XonStat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Good thing, Rotibody!
I think that's a good idea actually, because it encourages people to play. Did I understand it right that once you play any game type you reset the rot counter for all game types? Or does the rot counter apply for each game mode seperately?
The rot counter applies to each game mode separately.
That's a good idea Smile
Is it working right now for players already inactive for more than 30 days, or is there a period of 30 days ?
Ah, good point that I didn't mention! When I implemented this yesterday I gave everyone a current timestamp, so inactive players are in their so-called "grace period" right now.
Quote:Cyber Killer
Last Played: 2 months ago

Hmm... I need to find some server that has stats enabled, but where the pro players don't play (cause I like to win a game once in a while you know :-P).
Hello everyone! I just put in a new feature that I'm really happy with. It's a summary stats line shown just below the main logo (only on the main page). It shows the number of players, games, and servers stored within the stats database. It updates every hour.

Here's what it looks like:

[Image: statline.png]

I hope you all like it!
Nice! Smile

~ Infobody
Wow, didn't expect 20,000 people thats a lot, could you make a simple stats for how many active players (who play at least once weekly) are there or how many people play more than just a couple of games and leave?
(12-16-2012, 01:40 PM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, didn't expect 20,000 people thats a lot, could you make a simple stats for how many active players (who play at least once weekly) are there or how many people play more than just a couple of games and leave?

I too would really like this feature.
That could be integrated into some sort of a dashboard page. The home page isn't the place for that info. This latest change is intended to be an overall summary of how much "stuff" XonStat has captured since its inception.

Anyway, as of right now we've had 6,359 different people play in a game since October 1, 2012.
Hi,

I really like the stats page, currently climbing the ELO ladder @CTF. Some questions and maybe requests:

* Would it be possible to implement an ELO history/graph?
* When someone plays on a modded server (for example Overkill -> CTF) shouldn't that be another ELO system? Someone who rocks on Overkill may or may not be very good on 'regular' CTF
* In CTF the amount of captured flags (or maybe the ratio that is already displayed in the stats overview for CTF) should be accounted for in the ELO calculation. If that's not already happening (given that I rarely 'capture' a flag (and when I do, it's only 1 per game) I shouldn't gain as much ELO as I currently do, IMO). Of course, killing the EFC or returning the flag should be accounted for, too. (if that's not already happening, of course)

Anyway, I'm very impressed at what you've done there, keep it up!
To answer your questions:

- Yes, but not at this point. I want to move to a different graphing system first. When I do, I'll consider adding/changing the existing graphs.
- The existing Elo system is based on your score per second versus other players in the same game as you. Your Elo scales accordingly b/c of this even playing field; scoring twice as much per second as another player will yield the same elo points for you regardless of the mod you're playing, all else being equal. Inequalities in scoring can happen, but that's an adjustment that needs to be made to scoring and not to the Elo system per-se. You can read more about how the system actually works here and here.
- See above. Flag captures result in more points, which results in a higher score per second. A higher score per second results in more elo points. Smile

I'm glad you like the system! Happy fragging.
+1 for the ELO history graph. I could give a hand if help is needed.

Also, I don't know how feasible would it be to have different ELO ratings for different mods, nor if it would be a good thing or not. I'd just like to testify that what tuxator says it's actually true, as I am one of those cases he's referring to: awesome in overkill (no need to be humble right Tongue ), a complete disaster in stock CTF (and even in minsta + hook). And well, I kind of feel like a fraud, after all Overkill IS a mod and the game play is very different. On the other hand, even minsta + hook diverges quite a bit from regular CTF and Overkill is very popular. So well, hard to say what would make a fair rating.
(12-17-2012, 03:32 PM)Antibody Wrote: [ -> ]To answer your questions:

- Yes, but not at this point. I want to move to a different graphing system first. When I do, I'll consider adding/changing the existing graphs.
- The existing Elo system is based on your score per second versus other players in the same game as you. Your Elo scales accordingly b/c of this even playing field; scoring twice as much per second as another player will yield the same elo points for you regardless of the mod you're playing, all else being equal. Inequalities in scoring can happen, but that's an adjustment that needs to be made to scoring and not to the Elo system per-se. You can read more about how the system actually works here and here.
- See above. Flag captures result in more points, which results in a higher score per second. A higher score per second results in more elo points. Smile

I'm glad you like the system! Happy fragging.

- great Smile
- well, maybe you missunderstood me or I missunderstood you. What I mean is: Throwing players that play 'regular' CTF and players that play a modded CTF version of Xonotic into one Highscore does not reflect reality. At least not in my opinion.
- ahh okay. Somehow I thought the comparsion was on a 'lower' level than the Highscore value. May have to read both threads again, thanks for linking them.

From the first link:
Quote:and mutators are not taken into account.
am I right in the assumption that a mutator is something different than a modification (like Overkill mod)?
There's no such thing as a "modification". This game has no possibility of add-ons, unofficial gameplay types are implemented as mutators or game modes. Overkill is an unofficial (or rather, not part of the main dev branch) mutator as far as I know.
I've just implemented a feature that I've found myself missing from time to time: more links for all those "recent games" tables. It's for when you want to check out semi-recent games played, but didn't check the stats page in time for it to be in the top 20 most recent ones (b/c we're super-active, which is a good thing). You can find the link down at the bottom of the server and map info pages as well as on the main page. Here's what to look for:

[Image: morelinks.png]

You may notice that I didn't mention the player info page above. That's not because a recent games view isn't there, but rather because the "more" link on the player info page is slightly different: it shows the player's elo delta instead of the overall winner of the game. Either way the data is there, but it is just slightly different.

Happy holidays everyone!
Great stuff Antibody. I don't want to make the make the mistake of rating anyone's work over others', but I do think that player tracking and Xonstat is one of the most exciting things to happen to this project when comparing to its predecessor. Your ongoing work in that is much appreciated by me and I'm sure many, many others.

I'm looking forward to more valuable contributions from you in 2013. Happy holidays to you too!
I'm very happy to announce that XonStat now supports CTS! Your per-game CTS scoreboards will be available via the recent games tables in various spots throughout the app. Here's an example:

[Image: KL6qE3W.png]

I consider this support alpha, as we only recently got this working server-side. The future will only hold more enhancements. A few of the things to come:

- Global fastest times
- A better server page for CTS-only servers
- A ranking system (not Elo-based)

I hope everyone enjoys this. Race on!
yipieh-ka-yay - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you -Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - Thank you - Big Grin Heart Big Grin

Great Work - antibody .... [Image: icon_cheers.png][Image: icon_cheers.png][Image: icon_cheers.png]

I.m also very curious of the things to come .... Tongue

GretZ Su
Great work Exclamation Your effort is appreciated Antibody!

(02-02-2013, 03:48 PM)Antibody Wrote: [ -> ]A few of the things to come:

- Global fastest times

CTS scene is pretty competitive at this point, which means small differences between servers might turn those times upside-down. So scores should be grouped by physics+weapon balance sets. With vanila xonotic it's easy. Also, shouldn't be hard for XDF - the two popular XDF servers feel quite similar. I hope admins will come forward, and resolve differences in balance/physics, if there are any (which I think there aren't any significant).

I think non-vanila server should not be included in top-times / ladders untill admin come forward with the settings he uses and that he verified them.

(02-02-2013, 03:48 PM)Antibody Wrote: [ -> ]- A ranking system (not Elo-based)

There is a ladder code in Xonotic, which appears to work well for racing. It might be a good starting point. Ofc, all must be groupped by racing rule sets.

(02-02-2013, 03:48 PM)Antibody Wrote: [ -> ]I hope everyone enjoys this. Race on!

We do!
Well, I really don't want to maintain lists for each combination. I'd rather the server admins get together and agree on ONE ruleset that will then be used for record-keeping. I believe the right ruleset for this purpose is XDF. If admins use XDF and don't modify their servers to be incompatible with it, they would then be eligible to participate in global records. Other servers could continue to record games without doing that, but they would not show up in global records.
Sounds good to me!
(02-02-2013, 03:48 PM)Antibody Wrote: [ -> ]I'm very happy to announce that XonStat now supports CTS!

Hey, aren't you missing a few other gametypes that are now fully supported, too?! =)
a question to antibody:

Are the server/player stats also written when only one player plays alone on server ?

GreetZ Su
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16