Xonotic is a free, open source (GPL) ultra-fast, first-person shooter

Follow Xonotic on

Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release
10-29-2011, 04:21 AM
RE: Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release
Question / suggestion: Can anyone contact the owner of the DCC servers? For many years, he's been running several Nexuiz servers, which IIRC are some of the most popular (Beginner Delight for beginners, Plain Delight for DM, Pussy Delight for minstagib DM, Laid Back Delight for CTF). If he could move these to Xonotic (or run Xonotic versions too) that could improve popularity a lot! He could run both the Nexuiz and Xonotic ones for now, and notify about Xonotic in Nexuiz, to help people know.

I think I vaguely remember asking about this before, and someone saying they'd rather wait for Xonotic to reach 1.0 before moving the DCC servers over. But it's been a while and I don't remember clearly. As far as I'm concerned, 0.5 is as good as a final release for now, and having at least both versions of the DCC servers could help a lot. So I thought to suggest.

<spackObot> Congratulations to Samual and Taoki, your lovescore is 98.463%!
Samual (~dioteckte@...) quit #xonotic.pickup (gonna kill myself now)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release - MirceaKitsune - 10-29-2011 04:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  dynamic enverionmental lighting/electro issue darthrevan 6 1,554 01-23-2011 08:14 PM
Last Post: darthrevan
  Still no release? psychcf 21 5,925 11-17-2010 02:24 PM
Last Post: pyr0