Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Xonotic Nationscup - Sign up here

If you are interested in representing your country in a 4on4 tdm nations cup, go ahead and leave a message. You can of course add your home country to that list. When we got an overview on who wants to play we will try to organize the event in a way that should (hopefully) allow everyone to participate. That means a date hasn't been fixed yet.

UPDATE: Check in and vote for your teamcaptain! http://www.esrepublic.com/forum/topic/34

Interested so far:

[Image: de.gif] Germany: Fisume, asyyy, Sless, Halogene, Apro, Qbit, bluez, nash

[Image: at.gif] Austria: Debugger, L0, haz_mat, SlyxT

[Image: us.gif] / [Image: ca.gif] North America: Antibody, PCLizard, Bolwind, Hutty, nifrek, Samual, Dissolves

[Image: rs.gif] Serbia: ZeroQL, snakeomg, Mirio, snaga

[Image: pl.gif] Poland: Kuniuthefrogg, Atheros, rafallus, Cyber Killer, 2M1R, bobik314, unfa, Wytry, Justin

[Image: nl.gif] / [Image: be.gif] Benelux: Mepper, PinkRobot, Ozomahtlii, Freefang, Unoz, DanMan96, Archer

[Image: au.gif] Australia: Osiris, Kaos, Turkey_shoot, flimflab

[Image: se.gif] Sweden: K__, Catalyst, ai, morfar, machine

[Image: dk.gif] Denmark: Vociferous, Juven1le

[Image: fi.gif] Finland: leksaz, xulL

[Image: gb.gif] United Kingdom: Kojn, edh, rocknroll237, Kuroyuri, ThePWTULN, matuka

[Image: ru.gif] Russia: Vargos, atn, hihikaya, Dimm

[Image: ro.gif] Romania: MirceaKitsune, Unknown[NF]

[Image: fr.gif] France: afkElvis, Calinou, Silnius, PGP_Qz, Wii-Wii

[Image: ua.gif] Ukraine: DPOH[UA], waterlaz, BlaXpirit

[Image: hu.gif] Hungary: C.Brutail, horvi, rado

[Image: bg.gif] Bulgaria: Retributor

[Image: lv.gif] Latvia: Zivs, Finko, JunkZ

[Image: cz.gif] Czech Republic: shogun_assassin

[Image: sk.gif] Slovakia: frostwyrm333

I'm interested Smile

I'm from the Netherlands so Benelux team.

I would play for Germany if you consider me good enough - otherwise I *could* team up with ZeRoQL, my favourite picka. Big Grin

I don't decide anything. Captains will be voted democratically and then pick the players.

Put me down for UK, you can team me up with Serbia if need be just like Mirio Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(05-09-2012, 04:08 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Put me down for UK, you can team me up with Serbia if need be just like Mirio Smile

show me your Serbian id card !

EDIT: Yes, i am serious.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Hahaha Cortez. We won't have enough comp players (Can only think of myself and kuroyuri and he's prolly too busy) so may need to intertwine some teams. Nations like Sweden, Germany (Probably got enough for 2 teams has ze Germans) and probably Austria won't have any problems with that though, neither would North America/Canada and I think even Poland got enough.

Put me down for USA

new country: United Kingom of Serbia Big Grin hahaha xD
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

I would say put me down for usa ... but my schedual is very chaotic ... I may not available at the time of the comp ... also ... how will you have europe fight the us ... where would the server be ? (greenland? thats in the middle ... right? ... but there probably isn't a fast connection to it ...)

I can participate, but only as a backup if kuniu doesn't manage to fill the Polish team.

Quote:where would the server be ?
Matches vs the NA team could be played on an UK server.

I'm not very skilled, but since TDM isn't about skill anyway, I could assist the German team. I mean, face it, TDM is just running around, pickung up everything you can find like a pacman on crack and deathmatching all along. Plus I suck at TDM, so it CAN'T be about skill, no way. Big Grin

The German team also seems to desperately need reinforcements.

On a serious note, great idea, I definetely would need some TDM practice before the cup, I'll try to participate in pickup matches. I simply have no idea about strategies and TDM teamplay yet... if you manage to organize the cup so it starts no earlier than 8 pm CET on any given date, I might have the possibility to join it. Hope there will be many participants!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I'd suggest to play two maps and sum up the scores.
So games Europe vs. NA could be one map on the European side, one map on the NA side.

About Participating: The same like Mirio.
I'm way off training. Havent played tdm matches since ... the active ladder times of "the ol' game, N*** ".
D'oh, I'm not that old...
... not that old ...
... not that old ...
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

Mepper, if you're willing to put up with me I would be happy to join the Dutch/Benelux team.

Sweden is interested but has no players yet. Have you been contacted by their embassy assy?
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

I'd like to join team Poland.

I'm happy to make up the numbers for team UK.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

Quote:I'd suggest to play two maps and sum up the scores.
Fragcount heavily depends on the maps being played so I don't think this would be fair. More like this: Both teams try to agree on a server. If they don't agree, each team may pick a server to play its home map on. Decider map would be played on the server with the smallest difference in teamping.

Quote:Sweden is interested but has no players yet. Have you been contacted by their embassy assy?
I will keep spamming this on irc but everyone can help by spreading the word.

Dunno if this is stupid or anything, but could you just play the SAME map twice on two servers? Or would that be too boring?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

No that would be boring. But teams could have to play their homemap on the other teams server for example. So you don't get map advantage AND ping advantage at the same time.

(05-09-2012, 04:23 PM)kojn^ Wrote: We won't have enough comp players (Can only think of myself and kuroyuri and he's prolly too busy)

its more about playing together with different people. No one said thats its competitive players only, if it would be competitive players only there would be only 3-4 teams.
The UK player base is bigger then you think. In addition to you and edh there are also kuroyuri (as you said), The player with an unnecessary long Name (also a good duel player), rocknroll 237, rad ished and Spaceman.
With some instructions from the kojn himself and some training it could be a good team.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Any Australians interested? if u like high ping game play, getting pwned continuously and raging in general join me
[Image: 1328.png]

Of course I can play with you, Pinkrobot. I need you, there aren't all that much Dutch players, very few Belgian, and afaik no players from Luxembourg at all.

Isn't unozzz dutch?

Well, he says he is Belgian, but if he connects to a server or irc it always says NL Tongue

But I haven't seen him quite some time, maybe he'll show up, maybe not. Then we'll just ask MrBougo and merlijn Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic Nationscup has started! asyyy 112 82,269 12-21-2012, 03:51 AM
Last Post: kojn^