Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yo.

Hey guys, what's up, I've been playing around with xonotic for a few days and I'm really starting to like it.
Just thought I'd sign up here at the forums after receiving a thorough imitation from Halogene , thanks again you really helped me out Big Grin

I am having one small problem however in singleplayer, in some levels it's completely dark and black and pretty much unplayable (see image) [Image: sw9BD.jpg]
If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys, have a good one.

Usually happens when the map isn't loading properly.
[Image: optsig.png]

Welcome to the forums! Glad I was able to help!

The image reminds me of a post where someone had troubles with fog on a map due to some problems with the opengl version his chipset driver was using. I fail to remember how to fix that, unless you are not using current drivers for your chipset.

If the map doesn't load properly, you wouldn't see the outlines of map structures but you would see only items and players in total darkness instead. I remember you said something about a crappy laptop you are playing on, it would probably help the people with more technical insights than me if you post the GPU and driver version.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

The is Courtfun - does it use fog?

This should get an extra topic in the Help section I guess (not everyone reads here)

Welcome anyway!

Hoi ho and welcome.

Try out in Console:
Code:
r_drawfog 0
r_restart

But Attention: This is only for testing. With this you switch off the fog entirely in your machine. This is considered cheating in public / competitive games.
If this is the issue - try updating your graphic-drivers. This might help too.
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

Welcome to Xonotic!

(05-30-2012, 02:33 AM)Sless Wrote: Hoi ho and welcome.

Try out in Console:
Code:
r_drawfog 0
r_restart

But Attention: This is only for testing. With this you switch off the fog entirely in your machine. This is considered cheating in public / competitive games.
If this is the issue - try updating your graphic-drivers. This might help too.

Does not work due to the fog forcing anticheat.

You need to play the map locally to test if it's fog
Code:
sv_foginterval 0
chmap sandstorm
r_drawfog 0
r_restart
where you can replace sandstorm with the map you want to test. You need to have the map pk3 in your data directory (move it from dlcache to the parent directory).

Update your graphics driver and see if that works. What gfx card do you have?

(05-30-2012, 01:03 AM)Halogene Wrote: I remember you said something about a crappy laptop you are playing on, it would probably help the people with more technical insights than me if you post the GPU and driver version.

It's a Dell Inspiron 1545 and uses some weird Intel Series 4 chipset or something, can't really remember off the top of my head. But I am getting a new PC soon that can actually play games.

Well in that case you'll probably not be facing this issue with the new PC. Good to hear :o)
My Xonstats Profile

I can't wait, no more low fps Big GrinD

Yeah - the folks before also mentioned some Intel GMA xyz Chipset.

Probably we're lucky and the Issue occurs only in some of these / older chipsets.
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

Turn on Open GL 2? If it's supported...

(05-30-2012, 10:51 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote: Turn on Open GL 2? If it's supported...
I get with terrible FPS stutter/Mouse lag with it enabled. :/

Just wait for the new pc then indeed, do you know the specs already? Like what graphics card for example? Tongue

Anyway, welcome to the gang!
[Image: 4766.png]
[My personal website: AquaNova ] - <> - [Ingame: <PsyX> :::: <-Archer-< :::: ]

(05-30-2012, 03:42 PM)Archer Wrote: Just wait for the new pc then indeed, do you know the specs already? Like what graphics card for example? Tongue

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Intel Z77
i5 3570K
8GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
2GB Asus GTX 560 Ti

(05-31-2012, 06:13 AM)rek0 Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 03:42 PM)Archer Wrote: Just wait for the new pc then indeed, do you know the specs already? Like what graphics card for example? Tongue

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Intel Z77
i5 3570K
2GB Asus GTX 560 Ti

Nice. Are you getting an SSD? Also, you might want to wait for the new GTX 660, although it'll probably be something like £50 more expensive than the GTX 560.

Sadly no, I can't really afford an SSD atm even though are cheap, I do plan to pick one up in the future though, as for the 660, meh the 560ti is still a beast card and I'm not one to run games on Ultra.
FPS>Flashy Graphics.

(05-31-2012, 06:13 AM)rek0 Wrote: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Intel Z77
i5 3570K
2GB Asus GTX 560 Ti

Sounds really nice! You shouldn't get any more trouble with a lot of games with that rig Smile

Heck, I got a 560 without TI, and Xonotic runs like a charm on it. And the TI is even faster!
My Xonstats Profile

(05-31-2012, 11:01 AM)Halogene Wrote: Heck, I got a 560 without TI, and Xonotic runs like a charm on it. And the TI is even faster!

I know! I can't wait, hopefully I'll get paid soon. Smile

I'm replacing my Asus Ares with the Asus Direct Compute 2 GTX 670 soon. I'm also going to get the Agility 3 120gb SSD. I'm excited! God... I'm such a nerd... Tongue

I'm just sticking to my Sapphire HD 6870, it's good enough for now Tongue