Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reorganization of European (Minsta) Clans

I´ve linked this post in the forums of the Major Minsta European Clans, which are dieTunichguten, Legion of Caps, and Nexuiz Fun Clan. I'm posting this here as IMHO its better to discuss this in one forum, than in multiple ones.

I have noticed that the Minsta Clans have grown over the last year, which is of course a nice thing.
On the downside this also means that more people play on a war, there match-sizes like 8vs8, which is pretty full, since all are pros. Such large matches also take quite a long overhead on preparation since you have a find a date where each clan can supply 8 of there players, so spontaneous matches aren't possible Sad.

I heard the Idee before in this forum to mix the clans for a new beginning to the start of Xonotic.
I find this a bit drastic, although there could be some reorganization.

My idea is following:

Why not create smaller subclans/squads, containing out of 3-5 players, that know and like each other, and compensate each other. (meaning there shouldnt be 3 players in a squad, that are all specailized attackers, but rather one attacker, one deffender and one who likes to roam a bit and can do both.

Ill try to make an Example: 12 players of NFC clan. They split up in NFC-lions, NFC-dragons, NFC-fraggers, NFC-maskots. Each of them has 3 players now and is more ore less independent.
Now friday evening the NFC-maskots are online and meet the NFC-lions on a server. They decide to do some training/ or clan-internal funwar between the 2 squads.

At the same time NFC-lions meet DTG-cruisers and decide to make a war.

So the point is, one could make more wars with less people and more spontaneous. Right now there are war possibilities between DTG, LOC and NFC (im not counting TBC and DBC, cause they arent very suffisticated yet).
If my proposal would be accepted by the clans one could choose against which squad one wants to play, so you know against whom your gonna play. Also the squads would surely develop a friendly rivality between each other, which would be cool (especially with the upcoming stats system) and also ensure activity.

So my concept is fairly simple, and doesn't have much revolutionary aspects till now.
Theyll come now:

One would have to make balanced squads, where every skill is represented as I already wrote above so you don't end up having only deffers in your team and nobody attacking.
In this process of course it could be that e.g. LOC has an attacker too much and NFC-dragons needs one. So it could happen that some players may have to switch the clan, in this case either the LOC guy to the NFC-dragons or the NFC-dragons too the LOC-squad, depending on what the affected players decide on.

For me this wouldn't be a problem as I like most of the players, and don't really think much changes if your in a different clan, since the players all know each other anyway.
But of course this could be different with some of you guys.
So please comment on my proposal.

Summarization:

1.establish smaller subclans in the existing clans.
2.balance the players, so that they compensate each other.
3.dunno, have fun asking other squads for a war and viewing how your squad compares to others. Smile

I dont think this would work. Die Tunichtguten are ~ 10 active players atm. And when we organisate a funwar we hope to get mostly enough players because not all players have always time to play. i dont think this categorised subclans wouldnt do it more spontan because not all players are online everytime. It will be very selten, that all players are online from one squad to make a spontan funwar.

Quote:Major Minsta European Clans, which are dieTunichguten, Legion of Caps, and Nexuiz Fun Clan.

What makes you major, can I become major too? Big Grin

Quote:since all are pros.

Yes the Nexuiz Minsta scene got overran by all those pro gamers Rolleyes

On a more serious note, what's the point of a clan war if clans exchange members (or did I get it wrong?). You represent your clan in those wars, don't you?

What you want are pickups. For a 5v5 you'll need: 2 team captains + 8 players (and a server obviously). The captains alternately pick one player for their team. A team captain should be an experienced player who knows the players and how to set up a balanced team. Ofc the team captain plays too.

organization fights between clans is very difficult as you have mentioned, what is important is communication between the clans, a dedicated server that is hidden for other audiences, a game mode and rules of the game and choose players who will meet the date for the meeting

(04-20-2010, 06:20 PM)Hypnosekröte Wrote: I dont think this would work. Die Tunichtguten are ~ 10 active players atm. And when we organisate a funwar we hope to get mostly enough players because not all players have always time to play. i dont think this categorised subclans wouldnt do it more spontan because not all players are online everytime. It will be very selten, that all players are online from one squad to make a spontan funwar.

Well, its easier to make a war were 3or4 out of 5 play than one where 6-8 of 10 play a the same time.

The less people are in squad/subclan the more likely it is that they are online at the same time. So creating smaller subclans would increase the probability.

(04-20-2010, 09:51 PM)asy7um Wrote: What makes you major, can I become major too? Big Grin

Well they are well known and have a more or less large active player basis. (Keep in mind that im only talking about european minsta clans with a focus on ctf)

(04-20-2010, 09:51 PM)asy7um Wrote: On a more serious note, what's the point of a clan war if clans exchange members (or did I get it wrong?). You represent your clan in those wars, don't you?

What you want are pickups. For a 5v5 you'll need: 2 team captains + 8 players (and a server obviously). The captains alternately pick one player for their team. A team captain should be an experienced player who knows the players and how to set up a balanced team. Ofc the team captain plays too.

You got the wrong. This should only happen once, and only if one clan has a serious lack of a certain sort of players, and also only if the players actually want it.
What you wrote is more a mixed funwar, which also can be nice thing from time to time Smile

The simple solution is to cut the ridiculous 8v8 clan game's down to 5v5 max.

You shouldn't have a problem then getting the players and it WILL make the game's less spammy and easier to organise.

I need to pop onto IRC and talk to Dokujisan about clan game's, as far as i'm aware there will be a channel set up for Europeans to come and meet for clan games for all game types..you will obviously have to organise the games prior before hand, IRC is the easiest way to arrange games as you can visit each other's channels.

Pickup suggestion is correct also, all of this should be set up hopefully before xonotic is released and hope that all you minsta player's will join there for your fungames..again I will talk to Dokujisan.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

hey i think the main idea is really good =)
the worst problem is that we won't be able to put that through if there are people who don't like the idea.
yes kojn that would be a possibility too!
other clan members should post the're opinion too so would you midn inform some guys of loc or something?

Kojn is rightabout the No war should be 8on8 thing, that is just chaotic and serves no purpose for finding the true winner. Unless the maps are huge of course, but as it happens I'm yet to see a suitable map for a game of that size.

I do feel however there needs to be a better solution other than IRC pickups. I personally wouldn't touch IRC unless I had no other way of finding a clan match, we all have forums and stuff so I'll stay away from that kind of thing. I don't really trust IRC, any place that gives IP's away especially if you are an IRC n00b is classified dangerous, without knowing it's in's and out's you'd be quite foolish to use it, I don't trust it anyway.

Major European minsta clans? Smile You missed about 5 btw Smile Prophets, Exile, PK, NK, ToT (Haven't seen too many ToT's around though, but they sure were major.) Only thing I can think of is you didn't visit outside CTF Tongue

Back to the IRC issue. How about a Javascript based IRC client? We used to have them back in the day when myself and a few others used to meet up on some chat site, whoever codes this can put in IP decryption so no one is at risk also. Along with many people not being fond of IRC there are those that just avoid anything that can be a security risk.

(05-02-2010, 03:20 AM)Feonica Wrote: Back to the IRC issue. How about a Javascript based IRC client? We used to have them back in the day when myself and a few others used to meet up on some chat site, whoever codes this can put in IP decryption so no one is at risk also. Along with many people not being fond of IRC there are those that just avoid anything that can be a security risk.
http://webchat.quakenet.org/ (e.g.)
A build-in irc client would rock though.

I find it hard to believe it would work, who would play 8 vs 8 anyway?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Currently Active Clans Debugger 51 68,925 10-05-2021, 04:40 AM
Last Post: _para
  Heres an Idea ALL NEW CLANS DarthSparty 11 13,696 04-14-2010, 05:40 AM
Last Post: jonydeesuja
  About Xonotic Clans Dokujisan 0 13,646 03-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Last Post: Dokujisan