Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic Community Movie | Xonotic 0.6 [HD]

(10-06-2012, 08:02 AM)GreEn`mArine Wrote: Very good music and editing Wink. Most frags are decent, some really awesome! Although I think it's a bit long, my head is dizzy after watching it Big Grin

Update: I watched it a second time. I know you're not going to do any changes, but I have these four minor things to rant about Smile (don't feel offended please)
1) The beep sound made by the rocket launcher once you start guiding the rocket is horribly loud and hurts my ears. Due to this sound I have to reduce the overall volume which is too bad, because I personally like the music and the general editing
2) Similar problem with the announcer sounds: they are too loud compared to the rest. They somehow feel to me as if they stick out of everything else.
3) The amount of particles spawned is too much. I often have the problem that I don't even "see" the frags, because they are covered by so many VFXs, like smoke or funny particles. Best examples are the teleporters and blood from killed opponents, they produce way too much. It's already hard to spot what's going on in general, due to the high detailed textures.
4) at around 7:30 the frag with the electro plasma balls reflected by the jumppad: if someone does not know that map he has no idea what's going on, or why the frag is so "unbelievable" as Antibody is commenting. You really should include a second camera perspective that shows what actually happened.

Also sometimes it feels as if some parts of the action were artificially accelerated (1.5x speed for example). Maybe that's just me not having played the game in such a long time, or not really knowing Xonotic to begin with (just Nexuiz).

1.) Well ye, ingame sound is little bit high.Cant do anything about it now, but for next movie i will fix that.
2.) One of mine friend (movie maker) wanted me to remove all announcer sounds, coz he got bored of him saying AIR SHOT all the time.But i allready captured all frags like that so, it would be alot of work doing it all over again and stuff Smile
3.) I wanted show how game looks in high quality, but i guess for next movie less particles Smile
4.) Most ppl understand that frag, they are not retarded Big Grin and i also tried do add camera view but it didnt work, kojn was to far or something, so it didnt register in demo.

Thanks for criticism Smile i will know how to improve my next movies in future.
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

Messages In This Thread
RE: KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic Community Movie | Xonotic 0.6 [HD] - by zeroql - 10-07-2012, 05:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video XONOTIC DUEL CUP #10 HIGHLIGHTS (ZENSPORTS & ROCKET JUMP ZONE) zeroql 0 1,016 11-11-2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,698 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  DOXA TOURNAMENT - Frag movie zeroql 0 1,714 04-26-2020, 04:46 PM
  [Frag movie] Mirification #9 Mirio 4 3,865 03-14-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,835 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
Video Xonotic frag movie betas zeroql 0 1,896 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
  [Frag movie] Mirification #8 Mirio 0 4,025 02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [Fragmovie] [BOT] Movie IV Mirio 6 5,966 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
Video Xonotic: Movie collection zeroql 8 14,021 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  F*CKMEGEDDON: A Xonotic Frag Movie Smilecythe 15 15,086 12-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Last Post: rixur