Create an account

Poll: Whos your favourite to win the tournament?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Smilecythe
27.78%
5 27.78%
ZeRoQL
11.11%
2 11.11%
KojaK
16.67%
3 16.67%
Mossepo
5.56%
1 5.56%
PCLizard
11.11%
2 11.11%
thimo
0%
0 0%
machine
0%
0 0%
Draelor
5.56%
1 5.56%
_zrg
0%
0 0%
Diomedes
0%
0 0%
Mirio
0%
0 0%
srkdy
0%
0 0%
GATTS
0%
0 0%
shogun assassin
0%
0 0%
Dodger
16.67%
3 16.67%
asyyy
0%
0 0%
spinda
0%
0 0%
Bolwind
0%
0 0%
FOXYjouk
0%
0 0%
SPLAT
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reversion - Xonotic Invitational DuelTournament

Hi all,

With the help of a few people (especially asyyy and thimo!), we are proud to announce a Invitational Duel Tournament based on Xonotic's 0.6 balance. The Reversion Tournament!

thimo should take the credit as he suggested a tournament and was first to offer to support the tournament with a cash prize.

Quick facts:
- 1v1 Duel
- Servers - See thread
- Timelimit 10, no fraglimit
- Modus: Single Elimination
- Mappicking: Pick-Pick at Bo3/Bo5 - Deciding map -drop one map at a time until the final map is left
- Mappool: Aerowalk, Darkzone, Downer, Fe26, Final Rage, Fuse, Stormkeep
- Date/time: Friday 10th October - Sunday 12th October. Time to be confirmed.
- Admins: kojn, asyyy^, thimo, Antibody, Mirio
- Skill level: High

#reversioncup on irc.quakenet.org

Why?

We have decided to use the 0.6 balance instead of 0.7 due to substantial amount of player's who stopped playing due to this. Whilst 0.7 has many changes for the better, there were quite a few who were unhappy with the rather severe balance changes and no longer found the game enjoyable.

Part of the goal of the tournament is to raise awareness of this issue and to help see change happen and move the project forward. Whilst we don't expect Xonotic to just revert back to using the 0.6 balance completely, we would like to see the community being able to shape the balance like in the past, rather than one person.

I'll leave it at that, as I now want to concentrate on the tournament information.

Date

10th - 12th October. This gives the participants enough time to practice before the event, making sure we have the best games possible.

You can join the tournament IRC channel at #reversioncup on quakenet.org

Prizepool

Currently this stands at 250euros confirmed.

Donators

own-nf-age - 50 euros - Confirmed
thimo - 50euros - Confirmed
ZeRoQL - 50 euros - Confirmed
PinkRobot - 50 euros - Confirmed
Mirio - 30 euros - Confirmed
kojn - 20euros - Confirmed

I personally hope to be able to raise my donation up to 50euros.

The prizepool will be updated if and when people send donations.

We have had several people offer to give donations, so we expect the prizepool to increase.

Payout structure to be confirmed once the final prizepool has been confirmed, top 3 will definitely receive a prize.

We will confirm the place-payout (e.g, top 3, top 5 places etc) shortly after discussion.

If you wish to donate, you can do so by clicking on the button below.

[Image: btn_donateCC_LG.gif]

Format

Group Stage
-----------

4 groups of 5 players.
Top 3 advance from each group into the brackets.
Best of 3 maps.
NA players in own group.

Every match will be played in a Best of 3 (Bo3). Three maps maximum can be played in a match. Every player chooses a map at the beginning of the match. Decider is choosen by elimination. [Pick-Pick-Drop-Drop; vcall cointoss to decide who starts]. A draw is not possible.

Bracket Stage
--------------

Round of 12 + Quarters + Semi's/3rd place playoff (Best of 5 maps)
Finals - Best of 5

Every match will be played in a Best of 5 (Bo5). Five maps maximum can be played in a match. Every player chooses a map at the beginning of the match. Decider is choosen by elimination. [Pick-Pick-Pick-Pick-Drop-Drop; vcall cointoss to decide who starts]. A draw is not possible.

Schedule
--------

Time of the matches/scheduled time of games will be confirmed no later than 2 weeks before the tournament.

10th October - Group games - Day 1
11th October - Round of 12 + Quarter Finals - Day 2
12th October Semi Final + Final + 3rd place playoff - Day 3

We may need to move the NA group games to a slightly earlier date however this is to be confirmed.

Confirmed list of players so far

EU Players

asyyy^
Diomedes
Dodger
Draelor
KojaK
FOXYjouk
GATTS
machine
Mirio
shogun_assassin
Smilecythe
specialone
thimo
ZeRoQL
_zrg

NA Players
----------

Bolwind
PCLizard
sp!nda
SPLAT
"TBA"

Backup players

Map Pool

Aerowalk
Darkzone - cortez version
Downer
Fe26
Final Rage
Fuse
Stormkeep

General Rules

-No Hacking/Cheating in game. This means no aimbots, no assisted cheating, no wallhacks or ANYTHING else the Xonotic community may look at as cheating.
-No stopping/pausing the match consistently unless it is an emergency. Result will end up a forfeit.
-Players must provide match results to one of the tournament admins, see the admin's information section of this post.
-MUST turn on autorecord for demos/screenshots.
-Rage quitting a map will result in that map being forfeited, this will be down to admin discretion.
-Have fun!

Servers

EU Servers

Servers will be named in the server list 'Reversion Tournament Server #01' etc.

Provided by kojn

Nitrado gameserver (6 player slots - Germany) Reversion Tournament Server #02
Maverick Servers (8 Player Slots - UK) Reversion Tournament Server #03
PingPerfect (12 Player Slots - UK) Reversion Tournament Server #04

Provided by uc

Unconnected server - Awaiting to be setup

NA Servers

Provided by srkdy

srdky - Reversion Tournament Server #05

If anyone wishes to supply a server please contact myself or asyyy, we could do with a NY/East coast server.

Streamers

Thimo - Confirmed
srkdy - To be confirmed

We are hoping to have contact with a few outside sources also, to help with streaming of games.

Casters

kojn - Confirmed
Antibody - Confirmed

We are looking into getting a caster/s with experience to help support the tournament.

More news will be announced soon, the thread will be updated with more information as and when we have it.

Rules are currently in the process of being looked at, so is the place to host the tournament groups/brackets - Likely Challonge.

We will have several news updates, including several Interviews with the participants in the build up to the tournament.

Any questions feel free to ask, however we would appreciate it if people do not turn the thread into a debate. Hopefully people will enjoy the tournament.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Organizing a tourney as a form of "activism", that's fun and inspiring. Good luck, mate!

I have not posted in these forums for ages. Big Grin

Good luck to the tournament!
[Image: 11878.png]

Welcome back you all old returners! I'am really looking forward to prac with you all on reversioncup servers Smile if you lacking a duelpartner, I'am up very often for some games =))) Im around midskill, probably one of the lower skilled ones of the entire cup, but still up for pracs vs way higher skilled players.

Its on! Hope you enjoy the event and some activityspike on the duelservers. Get praccing Smile

Here, have €25. If you manage to top €225 total prize money I will add another €25.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Thankyou very much PinkRobot, this takes the prizepool up to 95euros confirmed so far Smile

We have added Draelor as a confirmed participant! Smile

We are still hoping we get get another 2 players, the deadline for them to confirm is the 1st September. If both confirm they can play then we will have 14 EU players.

If this happens then the lowest 4 seeds will play against each other, for the 2 final spot's in the tournament.

Many thanks to srkdy, we also have a North American server now! Located in New York, with 0.6 physics and balance.

kojn update the serverlist of the post Smile
#05 = NA serv

go get praccing! a wild srkdy is there alrdy waiting for your arrival

It's actually plain 0.7 physics + 0.6autobuild XPM weapon balance + norecoil + shootfromeye 1. Basically the same weapon settings that were used during 0.6 duel cups running on a 0.7 server.

Nice one! Good luck guys Wink

This will be truly awesome! Thanks a lot for doing this. Smile

I'll be up for practicing on the reversion servers with you people when I'm back from my vacation in 2 1/2 weeks. It will be interesting for me to determine in what respect that balance is actually so much better than 0.7 vanilla/XPM. To me, the balance changes never were that fundamental or, in some respect, even noticeable, and I considered the possibility that it might just be that some people that think of themselves as part of the elite player group refuse to adapt to a new balance, only because some of what they gained expertise in became obsolete or can now be achieved in another way. I'll be having a closer look to that reversion settings (by playing on the servers)! Maybe I gained enough experience by now to (a) tell the difference easily and to (b) understand its significance.

I agree with MrBougo that this form of activism is a very good approach to the subject matter, thank you for this idea and for actually pulling it off!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Some general ideas: make a banner for the tourney and advertise it on esreality and/or other FPS sites. (To advertise Xonotic itself and ofc to people interested in watching some competition). Also some general information what the balance is (like weapon dmgConfused etc.) could be helpful since most servers were autobuild(so perhaps 0.6 balance was in fact some 0.7 balance changes too like asyyy said). I can do this when I'm back home if it's something of interest.

We will advertise it nearer the time, were still 2 months away yet from it starting. Once we have finalised the start times etc, then we can start to advertise.

For now, just want to get people playing and watching Smile

Two changes also:-

foozy is removed for the time being, due to being unable to guarantee he can play at this point in time.

We have added RazorDodger due to popular demand and his ability.

We still have 1 slot on EU and NA to fill.

If circumstances don't change, I will cast on stream. Looking into further support Big Grin

y0 fellow reversioncuppers! We been having some great fun TDM games on #reversioncup channel! if you feel like TDM'ing with ppl like zeroql kojn asyyy and so on, get yourself to the channel Smile
So far its been 2v2's, so feel free to join and maybe even extend it to 4v4! Server #2 has been set for TDM use for now.

So if 2months of purely duelling only feels boring, get your ass for some fun TDM's between your duelpraccing, right now =))

I'll join

Unfortunately, NA section is full, as spinda got invited a bit later on and has not yet been added to the list shown on post.

And also, all the joining will be up to us Wink

Might do a qualifier round though if more NA players demand a spot.

What's the harm in extending the NA slots allowed to something larger than the measly four that we're at now? Other than that, I'd love to play in this but as was already said the spots are apparently full. Qualifiers would be nice but I don't see why you can't just allow more NA players into the tourny.
[Image: 2879.png]

Because 16 players goes down to 8 players after the group stages.
This then makes 4 quarter final matches.

Having 18 or 20 players doesn't make that work.

Once more, the more players the shorter timeframe we have to fit in all the games over the space of 3 days.

There can always be more tournaments afterwards. This was simply to get the ball rolling and what was stated in the original post.

We already agreed (me,thimo,asyyy) that any surplus then we would go for qualifiers. 6 NA players - 4 spots = 2 qualifiers for the final 2 spots. Highest preliminary seeds take the first 2 spots (we already discussed this also).

Sorry if you don't agree.

If enough interest is shown, I'll be happy to help host another tournament afterwards, for this time rather we aim small than big.

lol, asyyy and I already talked to dizzy, we can use his SMB Denver server for a second NA server, and because of that, asyyy has expanded the NA slots to 6 to include Bolwind and Skiddzie. Wink

I suggested to play qualifiers on 30/31 August. And yes I said expanding might work, but also that it would be difficult to administrate and schedule, which is the reason why we would rather not do it. All in all, keeping in mind how the last NA league went, I would very much prefer to keep the tournament limited to 16 players. That's what I said last night, don't know why it now is "asyyy has expanded the NA slots to 6".

Quote:<asyyy^> i think we could extend the size of the group
<asyyy^> to 6 or so
<deoxys_>ok, that's skiddzie and bolwind
<asyyy^> but not 10 and then 4 ppl never show up
<deoxys_>ok, can always change later
<asyyy^> plus you would need an admin
<asyyy^> for that
<deoxys_>who runs US server
<asyyy^> srkdy
<deoxys_> ah

etc. sorry if i misinterpreted Big Grin dizzy did give me the NA server info, i can help out with admin as much as you need

Seriously? We were discussing the pros and cons of Bolwind's suggestion. Cutting out a part of that conversation and presenting it here as "asyyy decided" is not nice. This was the last time I engaged in such a discussion if that is what I get. If you got suggestions, post them here and admins will discuss it.

Again, sorry if i misinterpreted Big Grin already posted the ways i will be helping/can help further, sir

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reversion Cup #1 - Coverage Mirio 6 11,129 10-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Last Post: rAvje
  Xonotic Australia Duel Invitational rabs 20 24,188 05-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Last Post: aurix