Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Player model descriptions removed

As the Model descriptions aren't anything to talk about, they have been removed.
Or in divVerent words, "If it stays crap like "Some Xonotic Soldier", get rid of it".

We might keep them if they were actually more descriptive, and would actually add something to the 'personalities' of these guys an gals.
So if your vote is for keeping descriptions AND you can come up with something good, we could talk about it.

(11-18-2014, 10:01 AM)nilyt Wrote: As the Model descriptions aren't anything to talk about, they have been removed.
Or in divVerent words, "If it stays crap like "Some Xonotic Soldier", get rid of it".

We might keep them if they were actually more descriptive, and would actually add something to the 'personalities' of these guys an gals.
So if your vote is for keeping descriptions AND you can come up with something good, we could talk about it.

I guess it could work for those that like to role play but aren't all the model physics the same. If they all had different physics then a nice proper description would work.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(11-18-2014, 01:25 PM)end user Wrote: I guess it could work for those that like to role play but aren't all the model physics the same. If they all had different physics then a nice proper description would work.

Good point. Confusion should be avoided.

Howether, before, they used to have weights, and logically that should afffect movement...
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Or maybe it's not at all about different physics (then players would only moan about their balance)
and only about some immersion factor, where people could identify more with a specific model.

I'm playing devil's advocat here since I don't much care much either way. But.
Currently I'm just taking whatever model I was randomly looking at the last time, or maybe I choose it for their naughty sounds,
possibly their taunts (are they're even different?). Not because I can identify with them a little bit.
Such a little "identification" might go some way (since we sadly don't have chicks on hoverboards here) to keep players interested.

I might choose the ugly gak if only it would say "Alien Xeno Assassin (Really doesn't like anyone who looks different)",
or the ignis, if it were to say "Body Snatcher Kingpin (Always looking for more body parts)" or the umbra if she was "Mad weapons scientist (Very hands on)".
All models that I really don't care for from looks only.

I think the models should not change any physics or gameplay aspects,as that might be not that balanced.Except for that,i don't care about that.
[Image: 22172.png]

Oh, nice to see this actually happend, iirc it was talked about (maybe even decided?) a few years ago. Good job!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin [SUGGESTION] Mickey Mouse player model rudzik8 0 322 01-03-2024, 04:21 AM
Last Post: rudzik8
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon model ideas - Post here! Beagle 7 6,050 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Loading only one player model when forcing cccxd 1 2,769 08-28-2015, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Humanoid dragon model for Xonotic? darkhog 0 2,128 08-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Last Post: darkhog
  [SUGGESTION] Rocket Launcher model idea Beagle 5 6,040 05-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] Message Removed. Beagle 0 2,438 05-23-2015, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  [SUGGESTION] Steampunk Laser Model Miguel 49 41,587 10-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Last Post: s1lence
  [SUGGESTION] Adjustable model geometry s1lence 7 8,080 02-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Last Post: s1lence
  [SUGGESTION] Player model color preview RaptorFX 8 6,992 12-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Last Post: RaptorFX
  [SUGGESTION] Player model suggestion: Xonos Droid 13 14,956 04-12-2011, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Spaceman